Re: Is this game dead?

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote: I don't want to sound pesimistic but I have my doubts about this, considering it's April Fools Day.
But what if it's true? I don't know what is in qr code...
It would be awesome if it is true
I hope it will not say "Happy April Fools Day"

PXLSHN wrote:Actually in SCP: CB, only SCP-173 and SCP-106 are the ones who appear the most (however: SCP-106 is pretty easy to avoid). SCP-096 is also very dangerous, but it appears too few times.
Basically, the game pretty much only added SCPs which appear in their specific rooms (like SCP-049) and nowhere else. There are many item SCPs and such and I think the game can be expanded with the "use" of animate SCPs like SCP-049. The game could also add for example SCP-008-1 instances walking around (they would be similar to SCP-049-2, but maybe they would also have the ability to open doors and would maybe walking a bit faster). This is also something I want to do in my NTF mod: Adding more SCPs that are really have a chance of appearing more than once and probably making some existing SCPs appearing more often (like SCP-096).

What I've been thinking ever since I first played this game. Although more scp's are nice, they are encountered only once, then can almost be forgotten that they are even in the game. While this game has been out for a while, I've always thought that it was a little bit strange how things were set up. SCP-173 and SCP-106 are the only viable threats that are constant throughout the game. So many SCP's have been added, but I feel that the thing everyone wants the most is more ACTUAL threats. There are obvious things holding this game back, (engine, directx7, blitz3D, bugs, ect) however I know that WHEN it is finally brought to a current game engine, and IF Regalis or whoever is making it in the future does it properly, the game can still be new and interesting. When you play the game, especially in the earlier versions, it's very noticeable that there aren't a lot of threats to you in the game.

Don't get me wrong, there are many new SCP's that have been added since this game first came out. One thing I would hate to see is this game die. This game is pretty much the only game that scares me anymore. Playing scary games for a while means that even games generally regarded as scary don't really scare me anymore. This is one of the few that still can. IF you implement more keter SCP's as a regular threat, or you adapt the current SCP's to be viable threats constantly through the game (much like 173 and 106) then a lot of benefit will be seen from this.
My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/PCRageGamer

Nah, all good things must come to a end eventually. I'm hopeful about the upcoming 1.3 patch releasing soon.

No one ever expected SCP:CB to be developed forever, but to see how far its come just shows how great a game it is.

Besides, there's always the chance for future SCP inspired games to be made in the future.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:Nah, all good things must come to a end eventually. I'm hopeful about the upcoming 1.3 patch releasing soon.

No one ever expected SCP:CB to be developed forever, but to see how far its come just shows how great a game it is.

Besides, there's always the chance for future SCP inspired games to be made in the future.
Not to derail the thread or anything, but this seems quite abrupt considering your past inactivity on the forums
But I haven't came here in a while, so maybe not.

To contribute to the thread, No
The game isn't dead because it wasn't alive in the first place
Games can't breath dummy, Or is it breathe? I don't know, the English language is one big mystery
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.