Various Inaccuracies

Having read the SCP pages of the SCPs I found in the game, I found some inaccuracies regarding two SCPs in particular that bug me quite a lot.

SCP-049-2
SCP-049-2 instances are zombie-like creatures created by SCP-049's surgery on live human subjects... Almost. Yes, they are reanimated corpses made by SCP-049, but they aren't the zombies we see ingame. In fact, they couldn't be anymore off. SCP-049-2 instances reanimate as soon as their surgery is finished, and do not go through necrosis in any way, nor do they lose their ability to run or "think". They operate based on instinct in a way, and they can run and use strategy to attack their enemies. Think of the patients from Outlast here. That's all I can say about them. Here is a video showcasing the patients from Outlast using strategy to chase the protagonist, as an accurate SCP-049-2 instance group would.
[youtube]6_5zNrGNEfA[/youtube]

EDIT: I know there were some suggestions in the past that 049 and his zombies should be in a Medical Bay of sorts, which would open up many opportunities for these new types of zombies. I've even found a track by Kevin Macleod that could possibly fit a chase scene when escaping his -2 instances.
[youtube]vZ4lxxCTRlE[/youtube]
Moving on...

SCP-008
Not a lot can be said here. SCP-008 CANNOT spread through gas, for it's not airborne. The only feasible explanation is that the Chaos Insurgency broke in and used a liquidised version of the virus, in addition to gas that also is in a liquid form, combined the two and turned it into some sort of biological weapon. Though there are problems with that explanation as well; For instance, the Chaos Insurgency would obviously be spotted committing such a terroristic act, and that instance of SCP-008 would be destroyed or contained elsewhere. Plus, how would they sneak in to do that in the first place? The Foundation is filled with surveillance everywhere, which means there is no possible way for SCP-008 to become airborne.

Thanks for reading this. Here are the links to the SCP pages from the Foundation, if you want to see them.
SCP-008 and SCP-049.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

Re: Various Inaccuracies

"Plus, how would they sneak in to do that in the first place? "
Well, Dr.Maynard managed so I suppose he could've done it but that explanation for SCP-008 being in a gas state seems a bit far fetched, especially when other skips on site can cause a lot more damage than 008.

As for 049, -2 instances in-game are far less threatening than the actual file makes them out to be, but for what the player can do as of right now in CB, they work as a decent hazard towards the player. Making them too close to the patients from Outlast may be a lot more annoying than scary since the player can't run and hurdle like Miles Upshur and adding those features for an encounter that lasts maybe 5 minutes is pointless. I suppose to mirror them closer they could already be actively walking around in the tunnels or hidden in the closet with 049 and then run/jog towards the player once in view, fast enough to where the player is in danger but slow enough to let the player outrun them slightly. Although waiting for the elevator may get the player killed.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

The 049-2's are likely balanced out to walk simply because having a running enemy that can melee you to death very rapidly would not exactly be enjoyable.

Gameplay trumps lore as far as I'm concerned, in this case I think making the 049-2's walk is a fine compromise.

For 008 I think its down more to game play mechanics, it presents a unique scenario where precaution allows you to avoid infection.

The only other alternative would be to physically place actual 008 Zombies on the base.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:The 049-2's are likely balanced out to walk simply because having a running enemy that can melee you to death very rapidly would not exactly be enjoyable.
Even now, getting hit by 049-2 once is fatal since the limping effect brutally hinders the player's movement.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

Steelpoint wrote:The 049-2's are likely balanced out to walk simply because having a running enemy that can melee you to death very rapidly would not exactly be enjoyable.

Gameplay trumps lore as far as I'm concerned, in this case I think making the 049-2's walk is a fine compromise.

For 008 I think its down more to game play mechanics, it presents a unique scenario where precaution allows you to avoid infection.

The only other alternative would be to physically place actual 008 Zombies on the base.
The way I can see 049-2 instances working and being accurate to the article is the Medical Bay idea. There would be many halls and doors to dash down and close. This would slow the zombies until they figure out how to open the door. The first 049-2 instance would be trapped behind a window, and dive through when it sees you, hitting its head and getting knocked silly for a few seconds. The sound would alert the others and you'll have time to escape. 049 will also be alerted.

IMO, 008 is pretty useless. The only reason it's really in is because "zomg community scp!!11", or whatever. Right now, seeing SCP-008's chamber is an implied prompt to just turn around and go the other way. Anyone with half a brain will avoid it. The reason it's really in is pretty unclear, so I'm not sure why it is.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

I think having two "charge up in certain direction and dash that way" 049-2s would be cool. More dodging then running
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

I'll just go ahead and delete every post relating to the malicious link event, whatever file format it was in is not of my concern and arguing over it while cluttering up the thread with quotes is pointless.
Advice to be careful about links posted by very new users still stands.

----

Sorry about that, please carry on.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Thinking about it, I did try and "contain" 008 and when I couldn't do it (because closing the canister failed to work and SCP-173 smashed my face as well as the glass) I wondered "Why bother? This room is entirely optional." Also, I do feel the SCP-049-2 instances need to closer resemble heavily-opped-on humans rather than straight up zombies, And I remember playing V1.1 and seeing 049 emerge on the upper floor from an elevator. That needs to happen again.

Having said that, I do like D-9999's interpretation of the 049-2s, but maybe they could be nerfed a little afterwards, since as far as I've seen, there's no jumping or indeed, parkour in SCP: Containment Breach.