Re: Custom ships

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack: 0.4.1.6.

Updated version. Minor changes overall; added a Reactor Offline lighting system in both the reactor rooms and alongside the bridge reactor controls; no more need to wait for the batteries to run dry and the lights to flicker. Added an extra captain's hat for the XO, on the Spearfish shoved into a foot locker because there was no other place for it. Also swapped out some items in favor of fire extinguishers, most notably in the weapons compartments: Not having at least one extinguisher in every compartment was unacceptable from a safety standpoint. That has been corrected for everything except the wetroom on the Spearfish, which arguably you can flood anyway.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Just updated 2 old subs, the new avalon and death star. Both had shoddy wiring jobs, and broken ballasts along with no medical supplies and missing equiptment, all fixed.
Will post before and after pic links because they will probably page stretch, if the creator of the update-website/subs wants to overwrite them go ahead but I'm not going to because they aren't mine.

New Avalon MK8:
Download: http://puu.sh/pygiY/0e1e83c0a4.sub
Pics: http://puu.sh/pygfl/72676f4cc6.png

Death star MK4:
Download: http://puu.sh/pyDnd/ab58d3877e.sub
Pics: http://puu.sh/pygdB/171c14e28d.png

Along with this the updated subs that are mine

Alanus 1D: http://puu.sh/pygsg/0692afa519.sub
Scout Class 2: http://puu.sh/pygtb/0834a38b18.sub

Just minor fixes, defo worth updating too though (alanus should no longer catch fire 50% of the rounds lol)

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack: 0.4.1.6a.

Two major additions to the fleet, proving yet again that Harmonia Linea is at the forefront of Barotrauma submarine design: The August Richard, a dedicated submersible passenger liner, and a semi-functional Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (SDV) which, if all goes well, will be used as a parasite vehicle on UCN boats to support UCN Marines.

The August Richard (inspired by the real-life Auguste Piccard) is my stab at a civilian boat. Up until now, everything has been military-oriented and loosely based on real designs. This one was my attempt at making an unarmed passenger boat suited to the Europa colonies during better days. It is by far the largest and most sophisticated submarine available right now; it is the first that actually caused my computer itself to lag rather than as a result of network latency. Because it's unarmed, it's best suited to non-combat missions, though if you're crafty you might be able to build weapons and attack sea creatures by hand. Otherwise, it should be interesting to see how a bunch of griefers sabotage a boat this big and robust.

The SDV is "functional" except for the part where you spawn with it and it alone. It's battery-powered and meant to shuttle armed divers to and from military subs, or even between others if multiplayer ever becomes a thing. Trying to complete missions in it is an immense challenge, so for now it's really just a showpiece.

As always, minor updates are made to older designs to keep them up to speed with new developments. Always replace these whenever a new pack is released.

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

Warhawk wrote:United Colonies Navy Ship Pack: 0.4.1.6a.

Two major additions to the fleet, proving yet again that Harmonia Linea is at the forefront of Barotrauma submarine design: The August Richard, a dedicated submersible passenger liner, and a semi-functional Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (SDV) which, if all goes well, will be used as a parasite vehicle on UCN boats to support UCN Marines.

The August Richard (inspired by the real-life Auguste Piccard) is my stab at a civilian boat. Up until now, everything has been military-oriented and loosely based on real designs. This one was my attempt at making an unarmed passenger boat suited to the Europa colonies during better days. It is by far the largest and most sophisticated submarine available right now; it is the first that actually caused my computer itself to lag rather than as a result of network latency. Because it's unarmed, it's best suited to non-combat missions, though if you're crafty you might be able to build weapons and attack sea creatures by hand. Otherwise, it should be interesting to see how a bunch of griefers sabotage a boat this big and robust.

The SDV is "functional" except for the part where you spawn with it and it alone. It's battery-powered and meant to shuttle armed divers to and from military subs, or even between others if multiplayer ever becomes a thing. Trying to complete missions in it is an immense challenge, so for now it's really just a showpiece.

As always, minor updates are made to older designs to keep them up to speed with new developments. Always replace these whenever a new pack is released.

The image isnt clear enough for me to tell if you have done it, but have you thought about adding delay components to your airlocks? It would stop that tiny bit of water getting through

Rick wrote:The image isnt clear enough for me to tell if you have done it, but have you thought about adding delay components to your airlocks? It would stop that tiny bit of water getting through
The design of a single-cycle airlock next to a wetroom is intentional. Short of repeatedly cycling it, it's impossible to "accidentally leave the door open" and instantly flood large portions of the ship. Even if you leave the wetroom open, which is not SOP, the worst you get is a little bit of water instead of a flood. Adding a delay component to that would make no difference when returning to the airlock because the pump is in the wetroom, not the airlock itself. You could put the pump there and then meticulously time it, but it would reduce your level of immediate control, complicate remote operation as part of safety systems and might be better served by a water detector anyway. Also bearing in mind that you want to keep the actual airlock as small as possible since it's excess ballast, and that diving suits exposed to the open ocean and to enemies can apparently be infected and turn into Husks, all of those ended in my compromise design.

Warhawk wrote:
Rick wrote:The image isnt clear enough for me to tell if you have done it, but have you thought about adding delay components to your airlocks? It would stop that tiny bit of water getting through
The design of a single-cycle airlock next to a wetroom is intentional. Short of repeatedly cycling it, it's impossible to "accidentally leave the door open" and instantly flood large portions of the ship. Even if you leave the wetroom open, which is not SOP, the worst you get is a little bit of water instead of a flood. Adding a delay component to that would make no difference when returning to the airlock because the pump is in the wetroom, not the airlock itself. You could put the pump there and then meticulously time it, but it would reduce your level of immediate control, complicate remote operation as part of safety systems and might be better served by a water detector anyway. Also bearing in mind that you want to keep the actual airlock as small as possible since it's excess ballast, and that diving suits exposed to the open ocean and to enemies can apparently be infected and turn into Husks, all of those ended in my compromise design.
It's fair enough, the only reason I would suggest it at all, which isn't much of a reason at all is because I've seen countless people spamming the airlock button wondering where the water is coming from, its best not to appeal to those people anyway.