Re: [1.3.7] SCP-914 Expansion Mod (SCP-427) (WIP)

DL_Baryonyx wrote:Going with your arguments, I don't see why we should keep SCP-1025, SCP-205 and SCP-178 since they add nothing to the game and simply kill you (well maybe except 205 since it add a saving screen for players who play on EUCLID mode) it could be kept as a curiosity, anyway this is your mod not mine do what you thinks seems the best
I admit, I do have a problem with those SCP's as well. 205 especially. I really dislike 205's presence in the game. SCP-1025 I dislike only exists to kill the player, but I am a bit tolerant on that one since it's an interesting SCP, so I think it kind of balances its uselessness (Like 012). SCP-178 I also want to try to find a way to fix. That's kind of why I made this mod. At least, partially. I was hoping I could find a way to make SCP-1025 or SCP-178 useful or something through 914. But I can't think of anything.

It's actually possible to add SCP-330 in the game. I will explain how it is possible:

If you want to make SCP-330 through SCP-914,
SCP-330 has to be an item which you already know

If not,
SCP-330 would just be an object and a hand icon is displayed when crosshair is aimed at the object.

Problems:
Clicking SCP-330 three or more times would result the player hands being cut off.

Solutions:
Good news is that SCP-970 and SCP-1162 can solve this problem.

SCP-970 have the chance of taking away your items and SCP-1162 can take away something from your body.

As of a result... the code can be both found in UpdateEvents.bb. However, you need to add "If" command if SCP-427 was ever worn. There should be some items that uses it. UpdateEvents code can be also used in the Main.bb.

Good Luck on your mod. :)

P.S. Your mod isn't dead so we didn't add your things to the mod but I will keep an eye out on your downloads.

diszxchat wrote:It's actually possible to add SCP-330 in the game. I will explain how it is possible:

If not,
SCP-330 would just be an object and a hand icon is displayed when crosshair is aimed at the object.

Problems:
Clicking SCP-330 three or more times would result the player hands being cut off.

Solutions:

SCP-970 have the chance of taking away your items and SCP-1162 can take away something from your body.

As of a result... the code can be both found in UpdateEvents.bb. However, you need to add "If" command if SCP-427 was ever worn. There should be some items that uses it. UpdateEvents code can be also used in the Main.bb.

P.S. Your mod isn't dead so we didn't add your things to the mod but I will keep an eye out on your downloads.
Oh, I definitely know it's possible. I was actually in the process of coding it myself referencing 1162 and such. The problem lies with how it would work in relation to SCP-427 and whether or not it is worth the effort to implement. It seems I would either have to make it a definite kill (despite using 427 or 500) or have the player finishing the game without hands. Also, thank you.

EternalError wrote:
diszxchat wrote:It's actually possible to add SCP-330 in the game. I will explain how it is possible:

If not,

Problems:

Solutions:

Oh, I definitely know it's possible. I was actually in the process of coding it myself referencing 1162 and such. The problem lies with how it would work in relation to SCP-427 and whether or not it is worth the effort to implement. It seems I would either have to make it a definite kill (despite using 427 or 500) or have the player finishing the game without hands. Also, thank you.
Hmm...... Well, according to the website, it says "rapidly regenerates cellular damage". It's just regenerating or adding more red blood cells into the body.

Getting both hands cut off by SCP-330 would result in a 10 seconds instant death because the arteries got cut.
So if wearing SCP-427, it would just recreate a limb faster. So there shouldn't be a problem.
If not wearing SCP-427, you just have to make instant death regardless.
SCP-500 won't do anything since you can't swallow it without your hands for putting it in your mouth.
You could disable player from checking their inventory which may do the trick and enable it back if wearing SCP-427.

Besides, you don't need a hand to insert it back. It's useless. You should probably create another hand as hand3 because if you don't, you're cheating as you can use it to access some scanner doors.

diszxchat wrote:Hmm...... Well, according to the website, it says "rapidly regenerates cellular damage". It's just regenerating or adding more red blood cells into the body.

Getting both hands cut off by SCP-330 would result in a 10 seconds instant death because the arteries got cut.
So if wearing SCP-427, it would just recreate a limb faster. So there shouldn't be a problem.
If not wearing SCP-427, you just have to make instant death regardless.
SCP-500 won't do anything since you can't swallow it without your hands for putting it in your mouth.
You could disable player from checking their inventory which may do the trick and enable it back if wearing SCP-427.

Besides, you don't need a hand to insert it back. It's useless. You should probably create another hand as hand3 because if you don't, you're cheating as you can use it to access some scanner doors.
I suppose that might work. I guess I will mess around with the code for a bit and if I can get it to work believably, I will finish it.