[0.8.0.5][REL] Lunar Eclipse Dockyards

Welcome to the Lunar Eclipse Dockyards

Submarines shown below are meant for campaign, and because of that they are neither perfect nor meant for many players.
Anyway, for now we have 2 subs. If you see any problem with them, just let me know!

Name : Ashiella mk IV
Size : Compact
Recommended crew : 2-6
Recommended battle tactic : Dodge & Hit / Run
Spoiler
Pros and Cons :
  • She's fast. Faster than every animal.
  • Agile. She has good reaction time to changes in direction of swimming.
  • Draining System. There is button on the bridge wchich opens/closes the canals around sub and activates pump in bilge. Pump must be deactivated manually.
  • Compact. She's small, not needing as much room as other submarines. But it also means she can't really support larger crew.
  • Quirky. She's not complicated, but because of stronger engine she can seem hard to handle for some people.
  • One cannon. As it was said above, she's mainly made to run from encounters rather than take up a fight. Yet if it's needed, with skilled Captain and Railgun Operator, she can be mean.
  • AI vs. Hatch. AI is having problems with hatches in this submarine (both with ladders).
(Click on the picture to download)
Name : Querta mk II
Size : Compact
Recommended crew : 3-8
Recommended battle tactic : Any, not counting ramming into things
Spoiler
Pros and Cons :
  • Reacts fast to changes in direction
  • Two cannons covering majority of hull
  • Grid connected to batteries - No fluctuations
  • Automated airlock
  • Safe reactor - reactor position on ship prevents floodings
  • Mostly light armor
  • No stairs
  • Cramped
  • No "bumpers"
  • No sonar monitor in gunnery
  • Bots can't open hatches. Again.
(Click on the picture to download)
Last edited by IgneaVentus on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 18 times in total.
I try making subs. Probably they won't be popular. I make them for campaign.
And i don't like to give everything to ppl. Ya know, where is the fun if u got everything covered?
No. My ships lack things. And that's why I like them.

Re: [0.8.0.5][WIP] Ashiella

Just gave it a try. Nice layout and design. The main thing that stood out is the power system. It has a few flaws. Here:

The engine, when cranked up, causes a massive load spike of +2500. The static load from the rest of the sub is a little over 1000. The engine more than doubles the total power load. This is bad, causing these problems:
1. When you first rev up the engines, the ship is starved for power until the reactor heats up for the increased load.
2. If you are running the engines at full power, then drop it to 0% thrust, the load tanks. This quickly toasts the junction boxes, and starts fires.

This can be fixed by either increasing static ship load, or putting batteries between the reactor and the ship grid. Batteries would be a good idea anyway.

Other things that caught my eye:
  • Put O2 in diving suits, or at least put enough tanks in the nearby cabinet to fill all of them
  • Nowhere to charge battery cells
  • Put wires in cabinets so engineers can fix boxes and wire things
  • There is a fabricator but nothing to put in it. Add some materials such as steel, poly carbonate, etc.
  • Add more welding tools and cutters. May not be enough for a bigger crew, and people may lose some.
  • Junction box in airlock/ballast area. Exposure to water damages them.
  • Captain could use more ship access, at least to reactor room.
  • In the airlock, the same button opens the hatch and toggles the docking port. This means that opening the hatch will also jettison any docked shuttles. Move docking port to a separate button.
  • Could use a few more battery cells. Only seems to have the bare minimum for the supplied equipment, if that.
  • Maybe tune navigation terminal to recommended neutral ballast setting
  • Only railgun controller is in command. With this, the captain will have to multi-task between driving and shooting, or they'll need to let the crew into the bridge.
  • Since the railgun cannot be swiveled, a few more shells or another gun would be nice. With 1 rigid gun, the ship is a bit weak in firepower.
  • When airlock is open, it cuts off safe access to diving, ballasts, and cabin.

Re: [0.8.0.5][WIP] Ashiella Mark II

Welp. Fixed most of the problems Billsofat mentioned. At least i hope that i fixed them.
And i don't like to give everything to ppl. Ya know, where is the fun if u got everything covered?

Re: [0.8.0.5][REL] Lunar Eclipse Dockyards

Minor convenience and wiring update. And finished. I hope.
Added new submarine, Querta. Would be glad if someone tested it.

Hello IgneaVentus,

Glad to tell you that the Ashiella mk III and Querta mk II both have been added to BT Public #1 and #2!

I have tested both subs and they work without (game-breaking) problems :)
What I like about them is that they are not overpowered (huge) and overly complex. They look smooth and feel nice to maneuver. Also cool to see switches being used and you are using decoration for wiring.

For the Ashiella mk III I noticed a few things:
  • Slightly broken hull piece on roundstart (near medbay and captain's spawnpoint)
  • Airlock is not working? I fiddled around but eventually had to cut through the door, also noticed the hatch was opened.
Also nice to see a new company amongst the bunch, it's been a while new subs arrived, looking forward to new plans you have in mind :D
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

LandonGam3r wrote:Hello IgneaVentus,

Glad to tell you that the Ashiella mk III and Querta mk II both have been added to BT Public #1 and #2!

I have tested both subs and they work without (game-breaking) problems :)
What I like about them is that they are not overpowered (huge) and overly complex. They look smooth and feel nice to maneuver. Also cool to see switches being used and you are using decoration for wiring.

For the Ashiella mk III I noticed a few things:
  • Slightly broken hull piece on roundstart (near medbay and captain's spawnpoint)
  • Airlock is not working? I fiddled around but eventually had to cut through the door, also noticed the hatch was opened.
Also nice to see a new company amongst the bunch, it's been a while new subs arrived, looking forward to new plans you have in mind :D
Hello.

I'm glad you found them likeable. And yes, I try to keep them as simple and "driveable" as they can be ^^' Target was for them to be faster and more maneuverable than the bulkier ships out there.
About the problems with Ashiella mk III, fixed them and updated. Airlock was having reaaally primitive mechanism locking airlock door in case hatch was opened. Not sure how the hatch was opened during testing thou. Added button for closing hatch near airlock door. (not on the pic, lazy, would update later)
One question thou, wouldn't they be too small for this kind of server?

Thank you for updating it so quick! I will replace them on next reboot of both servers. They are indeed quite small, but not the smallest in the list. Once in a while we keep a vote, this is to improve the quality and playability of the list of submarines we have in rotation. It really depends on if the community finds it either challenging small or prohibiting small. Challenges add variety to the gameplay at the server, just as new submarines in general. A certain way of design can add some challenge, like a more cumbersome hallway (up and down) or more glass panels then the average sub. Besides that, the servers aren't always full. :)
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!