[0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.1] The Investor

Download: https://jumpshare.com/v/vFRYCpD3tG8cevlUFmXE

Dimensions: 11x7 m

Recommended crew size: 1-3

Recommended crew experience: Experienced

Compatible content packages: BTE 6.7; BTE 6.8; *BTE 7.1

* In-game description does not display this content package as compatible.
Spoiler
The following text is no longer valid due to that developers actually have managed to fix the described below bug.

For the reason of a bug related to setting recharging speed for more, than 500 kW per minute batteries will reset to 10% maximum charging, when they go above 10% of maximum charging. This occurs after completing a mission in campaign mode, but also after leaving submarine editor. Also diesel generator may break due to this thing, so be careful and better run on 10%, when you are not sure. Developers are already working on fixing this bug, so don't panic.
Spoiler
rico6822 creator of The Investor explains his motives in comment section:
rico6822 wrote: The Investor offers challenge for the players in less frustrating and more alternate way, than it comes as usual in Barotrauma. You can play without griefers on board of this submarine, because it's suitable for solo voyages. In other words if you want to do something right, do it yourself eventually using A.I. crew members and if you fail it's almost always in single player a manner of disknowledge, not bad luck.

It is disappointing to play Aegir Mark IV with only 1 triple railgun and distance from leaks so large you have to go outside to fix them. The Investor does not have those flaws, even with only 1 railgun. It's better to fight and manage smart, than doing an endurance test of going from point A to B a few times a mission, just to fix mantis's cut. The Investor is about some basic rationality most griefers don't have. That's why it is for you and a lot of other normal people. Not every Barotrauma player have it, trust me.

In truth The Investor is designed to be OP, but not too OP in order to have player face other issue, than that most frustrating ones (like poor space inside or lack of defensive or more advanced devices The Investor has). Low equipment, that either has to be bought from store in single player, or taken from submarine it is docking to in multiplayer to pick an equipment the crew wants to from it's own arsenal. Facing an issue like that is far less frustrating, than having to ride a shuttle lacking lots of features like: Own generator for campaigns, no own bombing corner, no tower, no option to enter engine room to fell like you have power over you ship and other stuff like that.
The Investor is a shuttle meant for several various tactical uses by experienced sailors, who know how to manage their economy at the missions they are told to do. The Investor can assist other submarines in combat, power them up, complete regular missions without assist and other activities of this kind.

It uses similar tactics to Kinnel and The Assassin, it lands somewhere on the rocks it won't be pushed off and uses it's shuttle railgun to shot most enemies of, so the last active enemy from above can be stunned with taser shotgun round and cut with saw cutter. For the enemies below submarine's two platforms are placed to prevent sailor from having to circle submarine in order to reach enemies at the second part of it. Those platforms also reduce risk of taking fall damage to the hull.

Every experienced sailor knows endworm can be defeated easily using this submarine by purchasing 4 fussion shells for depth charge and dropping them on endworm. Some other submarines can already do similar thing, but The Investor does it a bit faster.

Mine deployer is a riskful choice for any action and is mostly useful during combat missions against other submarines to completely surprise the enemy being unable to spot a mine on their radar. Caution advised, as there exists no sonar capable of detecting depth mines under Europa. Please don't trigger your own trap.

Command corner devices:

Navigation Terminal- Standard navigation terminal for steering submarine.

Railgun Controller- Controls Shuttle Railgun of The Investor.

Dock/Undock- Docks or undocks from exterior docking port of another submarine using it's own. Light component generates green light while docking and power is send in both ways between submarines.

Exterior Lights- Toggles all lamps outside submarine. Turned ON by default.

Launch Tubes- Both tubes launch loaded charges at once.

Developer's Updates
*8:00 PM 08.13.2018- Diesel Fuel Generator's power transfering is resistant to EMP now. Declared Compatibility with BTE 6.8.

Copyright goes to rico6822 (a.k.a. rico682, Redeloper). Publishing or sharing modded version of this submarine without getting rico6822's permission for it may end up badly. You may use on you server this submarine as your main campaign vessel or respawn shuttle, but if it has to be a docking part of one of your or anyone else submarine project you have to mention rico6822 or his aliases somewhere (forum counts for it).
Last edited by rico6822 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

Re: [0.8.0.12] [BTE 6.7] The Investor

TheRabbithunter wrote:Neat, I'm gonna love using this in singleplayer. Excellent work! (I cant do any better XD
Thank you rabbit for your compliment, it is meant for players to maintain their equipment as they like, not how the creator wants them to. You can kill an endworm with this easily, if he is below you with depth charge tube. Use 4 fussion depth charge shells, they deal 2500 damage and cost in total 7200 credits. 15000 minus 7200 equals 7800, which is easy money for a monster hunt mission like that.

TheRabbithunter wrote:So, Ive found a flaw in your shuttle. Upon firing its gun it will damage the ship unless you are shooting directly upwards, so basiclly when you fire it makes the fired projectiles not only damage the ship but dont travel far.
Most often enemies attacking from corners are being not very far from this shuttle and they already flood it, so no great deal. Even if they flood it, The Investor can be fixed very quick, due to it's small hull sizes. You can use taser shotgun round to stun them outside and use saw cutter to finish of. Shuttle railgun is good, when there are so many enemies you cannot stun all of them on time, as one of them will hit you.

Example: 2 Tiger Treshers attacking you. You kill one of them with railgun. Another one eats corpse. You go outside submarine and stun the shark.

Hint: Since ammunition is piercing you can hurt 2 of them at once, but don't overuse it. 3 spears cost 375 credits, while taser round costs 150. Even if so salvaging artifacts (common missions in this mod) are giving you a lot of cash for making them. You can have so much cash at some point you can invest in more people joining you and equipment for them.

I didn't wanted The Investor to be OP, since there would not be any fun, because of Barotrauma being a video game about steering flawed submarines. Those perfect ones are reducing maximum amount of fun player can have. I made mine tube being placed for a short distance from the floor's end above, so it would take more time for people in multiplayer to deploy it the way they won't detonate themselves, as mine tube would be too OP without having to take safe position for setting a trap by using it. The lack of starting resources also makes this submarine good for grinding more, than just having everything you always need and repeat same missions over and over without real rewards. 10000 credits on start won't let you have everything and making them on completing missions will have you get what you always wanted to have at the same time. That's how The Investor is rewarding you for making progress.

TheRabbithunter wrote:Honostly this is the first sub ive ever gotten the furthest with, because of its size, and speed I can out maneuver creatures and if they get too close they get stunned by a shot or two from the railgun making for a quick enough get-away to repair it
The Investor offers challenge for the players in less frustrating and more alternate way, than it comes as usual in Barotrauma. You can play without griefers on board of this submarine, because it's suitable for solo voyages. In other words if you want to do something right, do it yourself eventually using A.I. crew members and if you fail it's almost always in single player a manner of disknowledge, not bad luck.

It is disappointing to play Aegir Mark IV with only 1 triple railgun and distance from leaks so large you have to go outside to fix them. The Investor does not have those flaws, even with only 1 railgun. It's better to fight and manage smart, than doing an endurance test of going from point A to B a few times a mission, just to fix mantis's cut. The Investor is about some basic rationality most griefers don't have. That's why it is for you and a lot of other normal people. Not every Barotrauma player have it, trust me.

In truth The Investor is designed to be OP, but not too OP in order to have player face other issue, than that most frustrating ones (like poor space inside or lack of defensive or more advanced devices The Investor has). Low equipment, that either has to be bought from store in single player, or taken from submarine it is docking to in multiplayer to pick an equipment the crew wants to from it's own arsenal. Facing an issue like that is far less frustrating, than having to ride a shuttle lacking lots of features like: Own generator for campaigns, no own bombing corner, no tower, no option to enter engine room to fell like you have power over you ship and other stuff like that.