Need Help Replacing Models

so I'm working on changing item names and text, but when I try to run it, it tells me, "item template not found ([name], [temp name]). once it was the clipboard, another time it was SCP-714. both of those items I changed their names, but not their temp names, for instance, I changed "clipboard" to "binder," because I'm going to use a binder instead. but the temp name is still "clipboard." I searched through this forum and can't find anything about this specific problem. please help me.
Last edited by Reitanna on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Need Help Replacing Models

okay, I changed the titled of my thread so I can just explain everything I'm having a problem with. right now, I'm doing all the easy stuff while waiting for a response (texture and sound swapping).

-I create my models in blender, and I can get them to show up in game, but none of them have their textures, even though the ones I made are the exact same file type, dimensions, and file name. most models are grey, but some are green.

-when trying to change the names of items in Blitz3D, it tells me "item template not found ([name], [temp name])." I currently get, "item template not found (clipboard, clipboard)." I did not change the temp name, I changed the name to "binder" because I'm going to replace it with a binder. I got it for some other things too.

-I don't know how to transfer animations to my new models from the original ones.

those are my MAIN problems right now. honestly, I'd love it if I could hand my models over to someone who knows what they're doing so that they can make them work for the game, but mainly, I just want to get these things fixed. it doesn't help that this forum is so inactive, and it's making me feel like there's no hope for making this mod, which I'm really excited about.

is there anyone willing to perhaps team up with me, someone who has done this kind of stuff before? I'm doing most of the work myself anyway, so it's not like I'm trying to dump everything on another person. i'll put anyone in the credits who helps me out. PLEASE respond.

Mleczyk76 wrote:If you change items names in items.bb you must change items names in main.bb updateevents.bb and mapsystem.bb to fix this error and you need fragmotion to change items size
okay, I just went through and changed all the names, but when I run the game through Blitz, it won't start now. it says, "Expecting ')'"

Reitanna wrote:
Mleczyk76 wrote:If you change items names in items.bb you must change items names in main.bb updateevents.bb and mapsystem.bb to fix this error and you need fragmotion to change items size
okay, I just went through and changed all the names, but when I run the game through Blitz, it won't start now. it says, "Expecting ')'"

Have you compiled main.bb?

Mleczyk76 wrote:
Reitanna wrote:

Have you compiled main.bb?
I clicked the "run" button, I haven't created an executable. it says "compiling" when I click "run," but then it gives me the dialogue box I just mentioned. just now, I clicked "check for errors," and it compiled, and now I got a dialogue box saying, "expecting 'case,' 'default,' or 'end select.'" if I check for errors again, I get that dialogue box that says, "expecting ')'" again. do I need to start over, or is there a simple way to fix this?