Re: Barotrauma Extended v7.6

nerd wrote:
randymagic241 wrote:
nerd wrote:There's a bit of a problem with the horizontal hatches, they can't be opened with crowbars
That's not a problem with the mod per se, it's more of a sub editor thing with things like that. In the sub editor you can choose what does what (i.e. my kitchen doors are rewired with carrots).

Chiko just made certain doors and hatches not openable with a crowbar.
there's a tag on the door that says "force open (crowbar)", which lights up orange. I know you can change whenether you want your doors to be openable/rewireable, but on the sub i noticed this bug the hatch is clearly meant to be opened with a crowbar.
A lot of submarines also say they need screwdrivers to rewire, but don't, that's just the default text and hasn't been changed.

It would be useful if you specified which hatch...
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

Re: Barotrauma Extended v7.7

Alright, ppl. It's update time. Here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:
-The mod is compatible with v0.8.2.1 of the game.
-Added a new chemical, Cyanide. It's similar to sufforin but it also affects other creatures. Its effects are almost immediate and will also slow down characters.
-Added a new mission, Apple Shipment. It's a transport mission that might require players to take the apples into fridges since they rot over time.
-Added a new item, Tempcuffs. They are timed handcuffs that will release anyone wearing them after a set amount of time, they will reset back to full condition after 15 seconds.
-Prisoners will spawn with Tempcuffs now. This will prevent them from doing anything in respawn shuttles for a limited time.
-Added a new creature variant, EMP Watcher. They are practically the same but they attack by creating a field that damages electronics and also hurt nearby characters.
-Added a mission involving an EMP Watcher. They are only found in this mission for now.
-Added a new creature variant, young moloch. They are noticeable smaller and less dangerous. They are also less common to find than adult ones.
-Moloch idle and attack sounds can be heard from further away.
-Reduced the pull force of the Charybdis's attacks. They will cause less glitches when shaking submarines.
-Reduced the endworm armor value in all its limbs.
-Edited the attack values for most husk creatures.
-Fibrinozine has been buffed. The effects last 3 times more so they are better than bandages now.
-Erythrozine doesn't deal damage anymore. It's a lot weaker than vials of oxygenite so this was done as a way for them to not become obsolete.
-Fixed Sufforin. It only works on relevant characters now.
-Thermite Powder is rather harmless on its own now. The vials are also more fragile.
-Fixed Copper Coil making characters faster when used as makeshift handcuffs.
-Empty Oxygenite, Sulphurite and Thermite Tanks can be crafted now.
-Increased the price Underwater Scooters.

Ullr:
-Added a duct block in Command and in the Canteen.
-Replaced the invisible Duct Control wiring with red one.

I love this mod. I truly do. It adds a whole new level to Barotrauma that, once in, you can never go back. There are a couple of edits to this game that I would truly enjoy, but there is one main part of the game that tends to make things unfair. And no, I'm not talking about the overpowered stun mechanic.

Prisoner is one of if not the least played 'class' in BTE. That, of course, is right behind cooks, because cooks are useless. This is mostly due to the fact that it isn't fun to be a prisoner. Sure, being a prisoner, typically one arrested in-game, is usually a punishment for doing something wrong. But what I hate the most is the fact that there is no recovery. This is mostly, to me, due to the fact that handcuffs exist. Players slap them onto you and just don't take them off. And you just sit in the brig waiting for the round to end. There is a chance that they open the door by accident or a kind engineer or mechanic lets you out, and you are able to get the f&&k outta there, but at the end of the day, you're still wearing cuffs. You can't interact with anything, pick anything up, you just end up being useless. And that, in turn, gets you sent back to the brig. It sucks.

So, I propose a new mechanic to the game to make cuffs a little less overpowered. I call it 'struggling.' Here's how it works: players wearing cuffs are allowed to, well, struggle against them. Cuffs now have a 'health bar' or 'durability' (call it what you like, you know what i mean) and will either become useless or destroyed when that durability hits 0. To struggle, you could have the player hit a button (such as 'use' in the inventory), or a more interesting mechanic of having them hold right click and spam left click, as if they were attacking. This, of course, can't hurt players, but it will damage the cuffs, slowly but surely. The cuffs will have, lets say 20 'hits' before disabling. Struggling also takes time, about how long a knife swing takes. This would allow security to get the prisoner in a cell in time, but also make it so that the prisoners can remove the cuffs after a certain time. Cuffs, of course, can be repaired at a workstation with the broken cuffs and a sliver of whatever metal you want.

I don't know about you, but i think that this would make for an excellent addition to BTE. I would love to see this added.

Thank you,

-Beretta

Beretta wrote:snip
Chiko could just make it so cuffs degrade, but meh.

You're saying cuffs are an issue even after you're let out of the cell? People can take other's cuffs off so your point is voided... what were they going to do in the brig anyways.

Also cook's useless? I'm sorry but you're completely wrong.

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

Cook used to be the most OP class in the mod but very few noticed this. Prepared food was strong enough to make you survive fire or being shot. They are still useful evn after the huge nerf I gave them.

Also, I tried to make a cuff breaking mechanic but it's not currently possible with the xml files we have. Making them degrade ovr time seems too weird, too. I added new cuffs and prisoners start with those but I don't think I should remove the permanent ones. Maybe make it so Enforcers start with tempcuffs instead and only allow the normal ones to be found in main subs or be craftable.

Also x2, the Prisoner role is not meant to be played as... it's supposed to be a punishment role for the currently broken karma system. If they start the way they currently do, is because that's how it should be, plus most griefers love that role because they feel it gives them the freedom of killing everyone. It's not as unpopular as you think.

Ok so. I have a few suggestions that are hopefully possible so bear with me.

1. Selecting multiple items at once. Right now if you want to reload a gun or something similar it sometimes takes up to a minute. So my idea is to allow right clicking and right clicking and dragging in the inventory to select multiple items so you can reload weapons faster.

2. Crouch toggling (cuz you can't speak while crouching)

3. An automatic gauss weapon. (I know we have the carbine but that's burst what about full auto)

That's about it. Maybe some type of flame thrower that uses hydrogen tanks?
HI I HOST A BTE SERVER WHERE WE HAVE NO RULES, ADMIN WHO ARE ONLY THERE TO CAUSE CHAOS AND GENERALLY FUN TIMES :laugh:
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER THEN JOIN OUR DISCORD OR LOOK FOR ONE OF OUR SERVERS WHEN THEY COME ONLINE

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/WD34kCd
SERVER NAME: [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER

1. Not possible.

2. Again, not possible.

3. Gauss gun, gauss pistol and gauss carbine are all automatic, they just take a bit to recharge. Having a weapon lacking that recharge mechanic just makes it an infinite range plasma cutter, and seems difficult to balance. The solution in my eyes would be making it close range, but the torcher exists so that would be irrelevant.

4. It exists, it's called the plasma torcher

randymagic241 wrote: 3. Gauss gun, gauss pistol and gauss carbine are all automatic, they just take a bit to recharge. Having a weapon lacking that recharge mechanic just makes it an infinite range plasma cutter, and seems difficult to balance. The solution in my eyes would be making it close range, but the torcher exists so that would be irrelevant.
you can make the recharge shorter, like the mg-42 from my mod, i gave it really short delay and very little damage and it works fine.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

4. It exists, it's called the plasma torcher
I mean some kind of weapon that creates fire similar to a thermate charge but instead it fires a stream. the plasma torcher doesn't actually set anything on fire.
HI I HOST A BTE SERVER WHERE WE HAVE NO RULES, ADMIN WHO ARE ONLY THERE TO CAUSE CHAOS AND GENERALLY FUN TIMES :laugh:
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER THEN JOIN OUR DISCORD OR LOOK FOR ONE OF OUR SERVERS WHEN THEY COME ONLINE

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/WD34kCd
SERVER NAME: [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER