Re: Barotrauma Extended v7.7

can you explain why? or are you just gonna say that, how credible even are you? because a weapon that lights things on fire seems very plausible
HI I HOST A BTE SERVER WHERE WE HAVE NO RULES, ADMIN WHO ARE ONLY THERE TO CAUSE CHAOS AND GENERALLY FUN TIMES :laugh:
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER THEN JOIN OUR DISCORD OR LOOK FOR ONE OF OUR SERVERS WHEN THEY COME ONLINE

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/WD34kCd
SERVER NAME: [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER

titlo3 wrote:can you explain why? or are you just gonna say that, how credible even are you? because a weapon that lights things on fire seems very plausible
"Standard modders can't modify the game's code in any way, we can only edit XMLs. We only have access to the very limiting XML modification, we aren't wizards. Try to abstain from suggesting gameplay features since those will more-than-likely require hardcode modification."

- Blitz, creator of BTEP.

EDIT: Weapons that fire a stream are based on plasma cutters (i.e. gauss guns and the plasma torcher). Plasma cutters are not able to set things on fire, therefore a flamethrower of your description is not possible. Best you'll get is hollowhead spears and thermate in a harpoon gun
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

Hey! Big time fan of your mod. So much so that I made an account just to post this reply.

During extensive play time, I've noticed a few things that I could not figure the answers out on my own. If you have the time, could you answer the following:
1.Regarding the cook, how can he poison food? I've seen nothing in the crafting menu and you've written in your changelogs that he can poison food, if his medical skill is high enough.
2.Where do we get human flesh from and how come I can't find the crew steak recipe in the electric oven, even though it can be spawned with the editor?
3.Is it possible to get an exact or average list of effects that cooked food has on individuals who consume it?
4.Which one of the two husk caviar recipes is safe to consume?
5.How come using a syringe gun to inject other people with substances is less effective than stabbing them or having them drink the substance? Example, ethanol takes about three injections (less than 1 canister) to start damaging oxygen, yet if a dart gun is used to administer it onto somebody else, it takes about two-three shots (2-3 canisters) to cause the same effect.
6. Once I deploy a mine with a handheld sonar in it, I cannot detect it on my sonar. Is it not supposed to show up or am I doing something wrong? Should I put batteries in the handheld sonar that goes into the mine?
7. Is it possible to get a specific or estimate list of effects that different medical items/poisons have on the user?
EDIT: 8. How come the saw gun does so little damage when you shoot someone with a saw? Yes, I've tried it with all saw types on a completely naked individual. I've also tried it as a mechanic who had an appropriate construction skill.

Once again, thank you so much for making this mod. It's really great and it does an amazing job expanding upon the base game. So much so that I cannot go back to vanilla.

P.S. I have a group of 5-8 people who play BTE with me every week or two. If you find it useful, I can provide feedback on any new features, but you gotta let me know if you need it, as I'll have to compile my comments into a notepad.

Ok new idea. Is some sort of riot shield possible? Like it would have a few hits but after a certain amount it would either break or just be unusable for a few seconds. So the guy isn't invinvible. I think something like this could be really cool. Thanks again
HI I HOST A BTE SERVER WHERE WE HAVE NO RULES, ADMIN WHO ARE ONLY THERE TO CAUSE CHAOS AND GENERALLY FUN TIMES :laugh:
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER THEN JOIN OUR DISCORD OR LOOK FOR ONE OF OUR SERVERS WHEN THEY COME ONLINE

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/WD34kCd
SERVER NAME: [BTE] ANARCHY SERVER

titlo3 wrote:Ok new idea. Is some sort of riot shield possible? Like it would have a few hits but after a certain amount it would either break or just be unusable for a few seconds. So the guy isn't invinvible. I think something like this could be really cool. Thanks again
Not possible, on the bright side it will be a Vanilla thing on the Steam release.
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

Re: Barotrauma Extended v7.8

It's update tiem, kids! Here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:
-Added a new hardware, Breaker Component. It's basically a Circuit Breaker. It's used to protect a power grid from power spikes or overloads.
-Added a new Submarine, Vellamo I. It's a downgraded version of the Vellamo II for those who want a challenge.
-Added a new document about power grids and edited the ones about the batteries to also mention breaker components.
-Increased the attack cooldown for EMP Watchers.
-Reduced the construction skill needed to make a Hollowhead Spear to increase the chances of Engineers crafting them.
-Endworms now cause a small amount of damage to all nearby creatures when they attack.
-Nerfed the bleeding damage in attacks done by all husks. The attacks can also scratch hulls and doors but the damage is minimal.
-Enforcers now spawn with a set of Tempcuffs instead of the normal Handcuffs.
-Reduced the fire rate for revolvers, diving revolvers and diving shotguns.
-Reduced the strength of water on reactors so less fuel rods are required to run when flooded.
-Reduced the strength of fire on fusion reactors so they don't overheat as fast when on fire.
-Flooded reactors heal a bit more of their damage now. This allows them to work underwater for longer.
-Fixed Deathswitch Vest not detonating the charges put in it when the user dies.
-Fixed Rear Railgun Controllers missing the piece of code that prevents them from firing railguns when not aiming.

Class A Station:
-Added a Charging Dock and a Refill Dock in the Hub so the crew has easier access to charging battery cells and oxygen tanks.

Aegir Mark IV:
-Improved the Ballast Control with a switch to open each door from Command and a better override system for it.
-Made some small aesthetic edits and deleted some redundant components.
-Added a breaker component to the main junction box.
-Added an extra battery in the Engine Room.
-Edited the Ballast/Bilge hull so it doesn't trigger the overflow alarm.
-Fixed the Airlock relay being vulnerable to EMP and hid it in the bilge.

Nehalennia I:
-Improved the Ballast Control with a switch to open each door from Command and a better override system for it.
-Added a breaker component to the main junction box. It works in an alternate fashion, explained by a document in the Bulletin Board.

Nehalennia II:
-Added a breaker component to the main junction box. The diesel-electric generator is not regulated by it.

Enki:
-Most hardware now require pliers to rewire and cannot be detached anymore.
-A lot of doors can now the opened with a Crowbar.
-Internal Artifact Holders now require Scientist clearance to open.
-Doctor/Scientist Quarters can no longer be accessed by anyone.
-Battery Room batteries are immune to EMP damage.
-Improved the Ballast Control with an override system for it.

Themis:
-Replaced the Diesel-Electric Generator with a Fusion Reactor as backup power source.
-Added an Hydrogen Generator in the Workshop and replaced the diesel cans with hydrogen tanks.
-Added an extra battery and a small battery in the Workshop.

Njord:
-Added a breaker component to the main junction box. The diesel-electric generator is not regulated by it.
-Removed an emergency light from the reactor room.
-Edited the Ballast Tank 3 hull so it doesn't trigger the overflow alarm.

Vellamo II:
-Replaced the Diesel-Electric Generator with a Fusion Reactor as backup power source.
-Added an Hydrogen Generator in the Workshop and replaced the diesel cans with hydrogen tanks.
-Edited the Ballast Tank 2 hull so it doesn't trigger the overflow alarm.

Ullr:
-Added an extra battery in Life Support.
-Edited the Ballast Tank 3 hull so it doesn't trigger the overflow alarm.