AuroraTrauma: BTE Heavy RP Server

AuroraTrauma: Heavy/High Roleplay Server

The Creation

AuroraTrauma was started by two people (myself, and Jeffery Clever / CleverSeas) after we discovered we both had a mutual interest in Barotrauma. We are both members of another gaming community, that being the Aurora server on SS13 (thus the name, AuroraTrauma) as this was meant to be an off-shoot community of them, although a large majority of our members have never touched space station! Now, our staff team is made up of three dedicated Barotrauma players wanting to provide an excellent roleplay community for Barotrauma players.

What is 'AuroraTrauma'?

AuroraTrauma is a server running the Barotrauma-Extended Mod with customized lore, in-game hierarchy and an actively developing story. We emphasize roleplay, story-building and character development and especially having FUN while doing all this! We have a discord server (https://discord.gg/EHFWhxp) where our community is housed. It includes an In-Character section with various locations so characters can interact outside of rounds, various out-of-character channels to build a sense of community between players, and a role structure that makes it easy at a glance to see who is who!

What makes AuroraTrauma different from other BTE Servers?
  • Excellent Roleplay, characters are restricted to knowledge relating to their job, out-of-character chat is limited and punished if done excessively to ensure immersion.
  • Out of Game Roleplay, our community has the largest amount of Barotrauma-related roleplay that doesn't take place in game! Our discord has specialized IC channels for various areas you would encounter in world for your characters to speak to one another in - our players find it quite enjoyable!
  • Customized Lore, the story of AuroraTrauma is constantly developing, and differs from the base-game's story - dive into the intrigue of the Europa Colonial Commission.
  • Restricted Captaincy, we have a system that requires players who wish to have a Captain character to apply in our discord for such a position (which has lots of power in game)
  • Password Protected, only those that join our discord are able to access our password - ensuring random griefers have a harder time getting in! The password changes occasionally.
  • 24/7 Server, our server is almost always up - we do have some downtime due to issues with the router, but these issues are usually resolved in hours and if not, a secondary server is put up from a separate host.
  • In-game Regulations! Security actually has a set of rules to enforce on the crew at the direction of the Captain!
You KEEP talking about your lore, what is it?

To summarize -
AuroraTrauma is set in a grimdark reality in which Europa has been colonized over the last 50 years by the 'United Nations of Earth', a one-humanity government. Europa is overseen by a complex, non-elected bureaucracy known as the 'Europa Colonial Commission' which is supported and defended by the Europa Expeditionary Flotilla (the player's faction). Corruption rots the government and a rebel faction vies for control of the many ports dotting the oceans of the planet.

Highlights:
  • Europa Colonial Commission, replacing the coalition - this government fears democracy and rules with an iron fist enforced by their naval force.
  • Europa Expeditionary Flotilla, the military of Europa. Hierarchy/Chain of Command and other information is fleshed out.
  • Free the Seas, a 'terrorist' organization seeking the freedom of Europa from the claws of the Commission. Common traitor-role faction.
  • Veronaceps Calyx, in our lore this is a classified parasite that is gradually leaking out of a cordoned system! Feel the fear as you and the crew discover this horrifying creature for the first time!
  • Actively developing, the lore is gradually telling a story of a new colony and its growing pains, there is government propaganda and news actively sent through the discord (with in game implications!) and we are actively looking for opportunities to involve players in lore, including our current 'Creature Database' project!
Here are some logos and a chart relating to the aforementioned government and terrorist group!
Spoiler
Spoiler
Our full lore can be accessed in our discord if you're interested in a read! It's constantly in development.

Where can I join? What do I do when I join?

As said earlier, our community's home is in a discord server found here: https://discord.gg/EHFWhxp

When joining, it is most important that you read our #captains_rules channel, and #captains_post, as these are our rules and announcements. After that, it would be most optimal if you reviewed some of the writing in our #lore_information channel so you are prepared to make an awesome character in our character registration channel #eef_signup , which features an automatic role-sorting command system so you don't need to wait for staff to get your colours! After that, get involved in the IC roleplay areas, talk to other players in the #poop_deck and #crew_deck, or hop right onto the server and try to survive the depths of Europa.

Re: AuroraTrauma: BTE Heavy RP Server

TheHoboKing wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am
Hello! I'm interested in this server,but the discord invitation is expired.Can you give me one please.IF you do thank you^^. :D
Thanks for your interest! AuroraTrauma has been dead for awhile. It was a great community while it lasted and I miss all of my players to this day!

Anyone of them who played on AuroraTrauma or participated in the discord roleply is welcome to add me at XanderDox#2835 .