A Plague Upon your Sub

Inspired by the sneak peak at the new health system, I had an idea - why not add contagious disease?

2 examples of how I think it could work would be:
1) Influenza (the common flu) - A contagious disease that gives a minor penalty to speed and vision. Perhaps occasionally your character automatically makes a sneeze sound in chat? A character can easily complete a mission with the flu, but it's a minor annoyance easily solved by taking Corrigodone or Influenza Curing Pills which make the character no longer contagious after 60 seconds.

2) Europa Fever - A rare but deadly serious disease, it begins with flu-like symptoms but evolves into a heavy fever causing fainting and draining HP until death. It cannot be cured on a ship, requiring care at a station so the ship doctor's job is just to keep the patient alive with either Corrigodone (to heal damage) or Europa Fever Treatment Injections (to prevent damage).

Contagious diseases are spread by touching or being in the same "hull" cell as an infected individual without protection for extended periods. Once contracted, the player incubates the disease with no symptoms for a minute. The benefits would be:
-Increased player interaction as they seek treatment/avoid infection or force a sick patient into temporary quarantine
-Add uncertainty if someone was poisoned or just sick
-Give the doctors a job in quiet parts of a mission, a way to support crew outside of crisis
-Disease spawning frequency could be higher on subs with large crews because often there isn't enough for people to do, and the infection would have more carriers
-Possibly a new mission type - Transport the Plague Victim, where one of the crew has Europa Fever or something similar, and needs to survive transport like any other transport mission
I made subs for both base game and BTE:
https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... =22&t=7201

Re: A Plague Upon your Sub

I do like the idea of diseases
I think they should all be treatable on the sub. Of course it would have to be a lot harder for diseases like Europa Fever, were you may need to inject your self every minute for five minutes or use some crazy Med Bed that takes like 5 minutes to cure you
Just your average drug addicted Medic