[OBSOLETE] Vector - Dedicated Server Mod

Notice: Vector has been discontinued as of May 1st, 2020 and is no longer being updated. Read more here: https://blog.database.red/vector-discon ... pen-source

Your server, your way.

Vector is a server modification for Barotrauma that extends your server's capability in moderation and uniqueness. With Vector you can customize your server the way you want.

Features:
  • AutoMod - Give griefers a surprise, or have it assist you in administration. Sabotage actions can either be notified in game chat, notify admins in game, or log. Kick or autoban thresholds can also be an option. AutoMod can work alongside the karma system and is compatible with traitors.
  • Join Message - Have a message box or chat message directed to the player when they join welcoming them to the server.
  • Round Start Messages - Have messages sent to all players when the round starts.
  • Remote Admin Support - With Vector's on-server API, you are able to submit commands to your server remotely. Broadcast, kick, ban, PM, etc.
  • Chat Commands - Use chat commands like /kick, /broadcast, /pm, /endround, /report (remote required), /sub, /server, and more for admins and players.
  • Admin Chat Channel - Chat with other admins only using a; or admin;
  • Quick Setup - Run the installer or download the .zip, specify install directory, configure settings, launch the dedicated server, done.
  • Ban Extensions - Have a player see ban reasons and expiry dates instead of "You are banned from the server." You can also customize it to include an appeal link or similar.
  • Family Sharing Limitations - Don't want players using family sharing to enter your servers? That works. This feature requires opting into Vector's Atlas system.
  • Vector Atlas - Atlas is a central system for Vector that allows for family sharing detection and global banlist functionality.
Vector is highly configurable by design. Want a RP-intensive server without AutoMod or gimmicks? No problem! Want a serious server with no griefing? Sure.

Download: Vector has been discontinued as of May 1st, 2020 and is no longer being updated. Read more here: https://blog.database.red/vector-discon ... pen-source

We look forward to seeing what you can do with Vector!
Last edited by Database on Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Re: Vector - Dedicated Server Mod

nilanthanimosus wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:17 am
Very nice work database - one can certainly can see server host's wanting to make use of this.

Not tested it (As I am neither hosting, playing or doing anything related to Barotrauma right now) but clearly you've been hard at work.
We actually used your mod as an inspiration and actually did port some functions of it over to the Steam version, so credit where credit is due on that. Our eventual goal is to also expand in the client area like you did, but for now we're continuing to experiment with what's possible with the server. Thanks :D

Use whatever you can salvage from it in any capacity you fancy if it's of any use code/logic wise, I hope someday to remake my own mod myself and contribute to baro once again. But i'm hoping to have a job and stable income / life and such before that.

I don't care for any credit inspiration or otherwise, I just love to see nice things made that everyone can use and improves any modding / hosting community. : >
Host of ARS (A Random Server)

Vector updated for v0.9.4.0:

Here's what we've implemented since this thread.

Code: Select all

-Optimized some core functions. Vector should use less resources when running your server.
-Improved performance for some servers with limited resources.
-Added 32-bit (x86) support
-Improved the security (TLS version) of communicating with Atlas.
Roadmap:

-Linux Support
We're wrapping up Linux support, we're currently making Atlas fully compatible with Linux so you're able to host your dedicated servers efficiently.

-SteamP2P Support/Vector Client
We're also glad to announce that down the line, you will be able to host your Vector server using SteamP2P! You'll be able to do this through Vector's upcoming custom client. This client will be made on the intention of hosting Vector servers using Steam's networking and not as an actual client. As such, we may disable multiplayer functions to disallow any mismatches, crashes, or exploits.
Windows Defender notice: Sometimes, Vector can trip Windows Defender. Rest assured this is a false positive and we submit any false positives to Microsoft. This has been rectified in this build in Defender definition 1.305.576.0. You can verify your Vector installation is legitimate by checking the digital signatures of the file:

v0.06/11-11-19 Changelog:

-Incognito Mode: Players with ServerLog permission or explicitly specified in permissions.json can enter incognito mode by using a chat command (example: /incognito)
With Incognito Mode, you will disappear from the player list. When in Incognito Mode, you cannot play in rounds or chat. You may still use admin commands (including broadcasts) however.
-Fix RAM leak when running on Windows 8.1
-Other cool stuff