Jellycog
Total votes: 7 (6%)
mrpeanut188
Total votes: 3 (3%)
Awesomeguy147
Total votes: 3 (3%)
Total votes: 109

Re: Moderator Voting.

Steelpoint wrote:By this point it is more like a fourth chance. Considering the threats of resigning.
Why did you put him into the list then?

Only difference here is that one person simply wants to post, the other could become a moderator. The difference is far too big to compare.

*EDIT* Anyway I am off to bed, if any mod has any comments to make send me a PM and I'll respond when I wake up.

Also the reason he was included was due to me not remembering prior events.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

So a few months ago when I banned SFK, this is what someone said to me after having explained the situation with you not believing in what I did was right.
WhiteAce, what you did was justified.

Forums have rules. People have standards. A good forum is where the rules match with the general standards and where people enjoy chatting/commenting or starting discussions. This guy has repeatedly violated the rules, has shown now understanding for the rules or good decency in general and has actively thought to disrupt forum operations. Banning him is a good thing.

The argument that people's personal situation (age and stuff) might excuse certain behaviour is very slippery, often falling pray to nature-nurture debates. In your defence, you could claim that you have to uphold the good of the community, and that booting one guy of the board is justified for the greater good.

I would have done the same and I would not feel sorry for it. I hope you understand my reasoning and that it helps you in deciding if it was right or wrong.
Me and xander definitely sent you messages back in those days asking for you to join the conversation and when I asked you that you had this to say:

23:06 Steelpoint Err, I have never gotten a request to talk with either of you. (Taken from the IRC Chat we had earlier)

Today I also question you avoiding the polls, you said it would be over in 24 hours however way past that time was up you attempted to postpone in hopes that someone will outvote me and then you get on the irc and tell me this:
23:06 Steelpoint The only PM's I have ever gotten from Xander were in the past two days when I announced I was going to demod him.

23:06 Steelpoint Then he accuses me of several things.

23:07 Steelpoint But don't forget that for most of the time on the old forums I was essentially a moderator.

23:09 Steelpoint Aside from him mainly putting the that I make attempt to avoid communication, as well as insinuating that I treat other users as inferior.
A few other moderators also agreed to everything, I have literally been learning from a lot of other moderators on how to deal with stuff like SFK's trolling and then again on the IRC chat when it looked like I was about to hit a touchy subject you had this to say:
23:23 Steelpoint Look I would enjoy to stay and talk some more but real life issues are currently far more pressing, and time is not on my side right now. I have to go do some things and then come back to finish the results. Also your whole anger issues was a main reason for your dismissal, among all that spamming.
I am really questioning you steelpoint and the fact you lied to both me and xander, I know for a fact you received those messages you just didn't want to answer them and went off elsewhere, when we were moderators and you become admin we were treated poorly infact the fact that you had promised me you would keep me updated but never did really irks me, yes you may have been busy but you could of taken the time in that month to atleast fill out one report for me, also this is true you do infact steer clear and when you get confronted about it... here this will explain it:
[12/01/2013 11:05:16 AM] Xander512: Mainly confronted about how he steers clear from us on anything other than the forum, and how he refuses to get off his high pinnacle and hang out with his own fucking staff.
[12/01/2013 11:07:25 AM] Xander512: He said. "How dare you accuse me of such"
And so I have right to question your judgement I was going to wait untill Regalis came back but this has definately gone to the point where it is pissing me off.

EDIT: Also when I asked for help earlier none was given.
Last edited by WhiteAce on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:He did say 24 to 48 hours.

but other than that, you appear to be making some points.
Mate when it was just the four of us, SteelPoint, Xander, Regalis and I, he really did ignore us.

EDIT: Oh yes and don't forget about his dick move earlier when he basically called out the things I have done in the past.

WhiteAce wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:He did say 24 to 48 hours.

but other than that, you appear to be making some points.
Mate when it was just the four of us, SteelPoint, Xander, Regalis and I, he really did ignore us.

EDIT: Oh yes and don't forget about his dick move earlier when he basically called out the things I have done in the past.
He does seem to be thinking of anything that would excuse you from reclaiming moderator status.

So are we having a mutiny against Stellpoint?
Last edited by Awesomeguy147 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:He does seem to be thinking of anything that would excuse you from reclaiming moderator status.

So are we having a mutiny against Stellpoint?
No, that will leave you guys to get banned, I am afraid I am not going to allow that to happen, you deserve to be on this forum, I should've been banned ages ago.