*NEW* Intro Idea :3

Hello, I have thought of an introduction that will blow everyone's mind (at least some people :P);
The idea is that you are still at prison, before any guards or MTFs come to get you.
Your're sleeping, minding your own business then they come and associate's with the prison guards.
The guards or MTFs come to your cell (and in the background the other guys that help with SCP-173 :173: at the beginning are also being taken away)
Then the normal intro happens.
I can't really think of a way to make this work other than putting in a recorded video that shows what happens.

Thanks for reading :D
I have spoken to God.
He has abandoned us.

Re: improved intro idea

That's a really cool idea with 990 in there! and HOLY CRAP! I just realized this guy - http://tnypic.net/c49b1.png - is 990!

Anyways, I think the intro sequence would be best short, so how about something where you have the dream with 990 and then you wake up to the intro sequence? As for the actual dream, the SCP engine doesn't exactly render faces in very high detail, so I was thinking we have the player see 990 from behind on a bench or something (like the image on the Foundation's page - this also adds mystery as you don't know and can't see who exactly he is). Since he predicts future events, he could say something like:

990: The doors won't respond to any of our attempts to close it...
D-9341: What the hell?
990: If I were you, I wouldn't wake up my friend.

Later in the game the player could find a document on SCP-990 or on redacted incidents involving him, which would create a "mind=blown" moment for players who had no clue what happened in the beginning of the intro. Anyways, that's enough of my rant, I'm just throwing ideas (hopefully they aren't cheezy) around - but overall love the 990 idea! Since his image flashes around the start page, why not make him impact the game in some way :P
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Re: *NEW* Intro Idea :3

ROFLcopter wrote:Hello, I have thought of an introduction that will blow everyone's mind (at least some people :P);
The idea is that you are still at prison, before any guards or MTFs come to get you.
Your're sleeping, minding your own business then they come and associate's with the prison guards.
The guards or MTFs come to your cell (and in the background the other guys that help with SCP-173 :173: at the beginning are also being taken away)
I can't really think of a way to make this work other than putting in a recorded video that shows what happens.

Or you just play the part in the prison do something there and then a loading screen appears and then the normal intro happens.
Last edited by Zarpox on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: improved intro idea

Omniary wrote:The figure in the 'cwm' file isn't confirmed to be 990. It could actually even be 'Nobody' from the Foundations' list of organizations of interest.

Also I'm merging this with the main intro discussion thread.
Yes, please.

I have another Intro suggestion, but not today, i will post it tomorrow.

Re: INTRO/POST INTRO DISCUSSION

Zarpox wrote:
ROFLcopter wrote:Hello, I have thought of an introduction that will blow everyone's mind (at least some people :P);

Or you just play the part in the prison do something there and then a loading screen appears and then the normal intro happens.
I like all your ideas for the intro and i looking forward to see that before you get in the SCP Facility that you are in Prison to understand that D-Class Personnel is the lowest rang and that they were be very bad treated. And to bring the idea of SCP-990 in ,that i also looking forward to see, i though about the "Silent Hill Downpour" intro.
(If you don't want to be spoiled skip the part from 1:20 till 4:45) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L5_C6TPp0c and think about prison with SCP-990 and that he's telling you about whats happening next and do not blink and such. Then they take you to the SCP Facility like in the Video with the Prison Bus. But I am against that idea with cutscenes for the game. For me it will not fit in SCP:CB that is what i like about the game not the big cutscenes to show how cool it all looks and you can do nothing just watch. If you really play what happens it feels like you really in that situation and thats the scary part of the game.

Thank you

Re: INTRO/POST INTRO DISCUSSION

I think we're overthinking this intro a bit here. Why would SCP-990 be talking to a random Class-D? Are we doing anything over the course of the game that's earth-shattering or anything? No, we're just trying to escape. And so many other scenes showing us exactly what our character did, his ride in a police patrol car, his trip to his cell, etc., all of it unnecessary. We don't need to see what our character did because the character is supposed to be YOU, and he did whatever YOU want him to have done (unless you are a girl, in which case you are SOL, right SCP-012?). All these extra scenes bring nothing to the story, serve as unnecessary filler and a reason for impatient players to skip it, and would take time and effort for Regalis to implement when that time and effort could be better spent on other parts of the game. Same for 990; if his purpose in the intro is for no other reason than for him to be in the intro, then he shouldn't be in the intro. It's one thing for an SCP to be there for atmospheric purposes; it's another for an SCP to be there simply to be there.

What I'd like to see instead are some extra additions to help build atmosphere. Maybe as you walk down the first corridor, a D-Class is being pulled out of his cell, claiming "Please, I barely made it through the first test! Just send me back to Death Row!". Perhaps as you walk on the bridge over that big room, you hear some conversations where researchers are wondering what idiot has been ordering the transfer of highly dangerous Keter-level items to the site, or hushed whispers about something called the "Chaos Insurgency", or exasperation that they are wasting perfectly good test subjects on "that damned statue when we already know what it does!". Perhaps the guard that gets killed immediately after the two other Class D's drops SCP-173's document instead, so we don't already have to know what 173 is and avoid him in order to get the document explaining what 173 is and how to avoid him. Perhaps the frame rate and guards' walking animations can be fixed. You know, stuff like that.