[1.1.5] Half-Life: Resonance Cascade v5.0 (Open for revival)

UPDATE: 9/2/2015; Development of Half-Life: Resonance Cascade has ceased. However, anybody is free to pick up this project and continue it anew.
Half-Life: Resonance Cascade is a full conversion modification for SCP: Containment Breach made by a team of originally two community members. This serves as a depiction of the Black Mesa Incident from a seperate, farther off perspective. You, Dr. [REDACTED], Clearance Level 3, have been assigned to test on C-492, a quantum-locked statue that displays extreme hostility, but is fortunately only able to move while outside direct observation. Midway into the testing session, you hear the alarm and the scientists say they have it under control and it's not much of a problem. Turns out it is, as the electricity goes berserk and C-492 kills your buddies and the guard on duty. Seems you're on your own now. Sector C Personnel have been ordered to evacuate the area until further notice. How far will you go to get to the surface?

Credit to Valve and Crowbar Collective for 99% of the content featured in this total conversion.

TRλILER
http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-res ... pcb/videos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In-Game Replacements:
Spoiler
Legend:
Red = No progress so far what-so-ever
Yellow = Some progress at all
Green = Finished or Placeholder
  • SCP-173 = C-492
    SCP-106 = Vortigaunt
    SCP-372 = Alien Controller
    SCP-513 = Inconspicuous Briefcase
    SCP-035 = SciZombie
    SCP-513-1 = G-Man
    SCP-079 = Announcement System 2.6
    SCP-096 = Alien Grunt
    SCP-008 = Keplar Virus
    SCP-012 = DD-7382
    SCP-049 = Gonome
    SCP-049-2 = Headcrab Zombies
    SCP-682/860-2 = Gargantua (Tentacle at Gate B)
    SCP-895 = Lambda Reactor #1386 (Monitor controlled by Nihilanth)
    SCP-914 = Non-Relay Teleport Prototype
    Pocket Dimension/860-1 = Xen
    SCP-860 = Prototype Micro-Reactor
    SCP-066 = Houndeye
    SCP-939 = Bullchickens
    SCP-1048 = Chumtoad
    SCP-1123 = Small Crystal(?)
    SCP-178 = Vidya Gaymes
    PD Plane = Mantis Aircraft

Characters:
  • Guard = Barney
    MTF = H.E.C.U
    D-Class = HEV Subjects
    Scientists = Black Mesa Scientists
    SCP-990 = G-Man
Other:
  • Room Textures
    Documents
    Signs
    Music
    Sound Effects
    Loading screens
Jobs:
DEVELOPMENT HAS CEASED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GλMEPLλY VIDEOS:Sorted by Popularity.
Spoiler
[youtube]v1__rJg_A_E[/youtube]
[youtube]OozJ_h4N_ro[/youtube]
[youtube]WxMOCfHKK7k[/youtube]
[youtube]ySVDOOAJ-a4[/youtube]
[youtube]lR0-_hEaJJQ[/youtube]
[youtube]7YR5XlSCKOk[/youtube]
[youtube]40kZkh1juss[/youtube]
[youtube]wHwyca7gu7E[/youtube]
DOWNLOλD
HL: Resonance Cascade v5.0

CHλNGELIST:May contain spoilers :(
v5.0
Spoiler
-Ported to CB v1.1.5
-Changed frequency on Channel 2 to public emergency broadcast.
-Further errors reported in [CLASSIFIED].
-Updated the HEV Protective System to Mark IV.
-Improved and/or replaced various sounds, including but not limited to:
--New coughing
--New menu buttons
--New quantum forcefield de/activations
-Satiate Strings is now "Drums and Riffs" from the HL1 OST.
-Changed the zone transition tracks to samples of the HL1 OST.
-Reverted the 035 tentacles to their default model.
-New sounds for the Heavy Containment Zone doors.
-Some revisioned map textures with respective bumpmaps.
SCREENSHOTS: BUGS:
  • Crossing the first door in SCP-079's chamber might MAV.
Last edited by CLgaming on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 175 times in total.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

Re: Half-Life: Resonance Cascade

Killing_You wrote:
CLgaming wrote: Voice Actor: Killing_You
FIFY ;)

I know I sound desperate, but I'm trying to put myself out there to go professional. Plus, I am a HUGE Half Life fanatic (at least, the original HL1 since I never got to play HL2) and could probably replicate the original voices. As well as assist with extracting HL1 sounds.
Sounds Perfect!

UPDATE: Used the hue tool to darken 173's texture. I'm sure he will blend well with the darkness. Tell me if you guys want anything else on the texture.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

This is actually pretty funny because I had the very exact same idea once, a Half Life mod for CB, even the name was the same as to the one I had in mind. I think this could be a pretty fun mod, and I'm interested (in helping out).

Also, will you be using content from the original Half Life, or Black Mesa? To be honest, some of the voice acting specifically in Black Mesa is god-awfully identical to the original, while sounding much more high in quality.
It slep time bunner.

Killing_You wrote:What if 106 was a Vortigaunt, and the wall hax effect was replaced with the HL1 Teleportation effect? Then the Pocket Dimension could be an island on Xen.
Updated the main post. The teleportation effect would require lots and lots of coding.
Omniary, the jimmie god wrote:This is actually pretty funny because I had the very exact same idea once, a Half Life mod for CB, even the name was the same as to the one I had in mind. I think this could be a pretty fun mod, and I'm interested (in helping out).

Also, will you be using content from the original Half Life, or Black Mesa? To be honest, some of the voice acting specifically in Black Mesa is god-awfully identical to the original, while sounding much more high in quality.
The original one, because we love the old times.
NickL4D2 wrote:That is interesting, i am a half-life fanatic, and i would love to see HL implemented into SCP, BTW, i got some ideas

SCP-012= The Medkit?
SCP-049= G-man?
SCP-106= I think that the Vortigaunt sound perfect
SCP-012... a medkit... wat.

SCP-049 needs to be something else because the Suited loading screen guy is already Gman.

Why am I here when I should be doing homeschool work?

SUMMARY!

We need a modeler and texturer-er to make the Vortigaunt. I have NO experience modeling so either I can try to convert HL models or if that doesn't work, cry in tear puddles over my bad modeling skills.

MAJOR UPDATE!

I did the following sounds on my own so you know what is already done:

MTF Folder:
Spoiler
Beep.ogg
Random1.ogg through Random4.ogg (4 is complete silence for now so anyone is free to fill in the spot.)
Searching1.ogg through Searching3.ogg
Stop0.ogg through Stop2.ogg
Music Folder:
Spoiler
Everything
Everything else:
Spoiler
All the 008voices.ogg files
Ending.ogg
Ok, good night everybody!
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

Sorry for a double post but I have made some creative progress since last time. I'm on my other computer so I don't know what I did. As for jobs... There have been no volunteers except Killing_You for Voice Acting.

We also need a modeler and an idea for :096:

As for the Vorti-106, like I said 2 lines ago, we need a modeler as well as a texturer.

173? I still am waiting for any modification requests to the current texture. So far all I have done is make it very dark blueish.

UPDATE: Maybe we can use this for 096? http://sectorw.wikia.com/wiki/Panther_Eye
STEAM
## LOG OFF.