Re: INTRO/POST INTRO DISCUSSION

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that 990 being in the intro scene wouldn't set up a mood.
I'm sorry, but that's stupid.

I think 990, if done correctly, can set up a perfect atmosphere of something foreboding that is about to happen. Something chaotic and dreadful is about to happen and a mysterious old man is giving you vague eerie hints at it. How is that not atmospheric? How is that not setting the mood? Again, if done right, 990 could help add a layer of something "being off" to new players and I love that idea. Just because something cliche doesn't mean it's a horrible idea, it doesn't mean it can't work.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Mysterious cat is mysterious.

Honestly though, that's why I want SCP-990 in the intro too. The current intro seems kind of bland, like its lacking some sort of spice. 990 would make it creepy. Honestly, it could go something like this:

990: Good morning sunshine!

D-Class: Who on God's green earth are you? Some other abomination they've sent me?

990: No. I like to think of myself as your guardian angel. For a time. After this, it is very possible I will never see you again.

D-Class: Why am I here?

990: Because something is about to happen. Over the past weeks, you have been exposed to the garbage can of the universe, with all the little knives, and sharp trash prickling your humanity. But life, as you know it, is about to become hell on earth. The facility you are in is about to have... well, i'd call it "New Management."

D-Class: Why are you telling me this?

990: Because you are different from the other D-class, Mr.- *The dream moves out of focus, muffling the name*

D-Class: How the hell-

990: Oh, I know everything. Most things, rather. I know how they engaged their little protocols and plucked you off the street. I know how they selected to be one of their human expendables in their self assigned task of containment. And I know that what you are about to expierence will give them a very big wakeup call.

D-Class: Look, I don't know what your talking-

990: You don't have to. Just remember - Don't blink.

*The player falls and awakens into the intro*

Eh? No?

whathopercy wrote:Mysterious cat is mysterious.

Honestly though, that's why I want SCP-990 in the intro too. The current intro seems kind of bland, like its lacking some sort of spice. 990 would make it creepy. Honestly, it could go something like this:

990: Good morning sunshine!

D-Class: Who on God's green earth are you? Some other abomination they've sent me?

990: No. I like to think of myself as your guardian angel. For a time. After this, it is very possible I will never see you again.

D-Class: Why am I here?

990: Because something is about to happen. Over the past weeks, you have been exposed to the garbage can of the universe, with all the little knives, and sharp trash prickling your humanity. But life, as you know it, is about to become hell on earth. The facility you are in is about to have... well, i'd call it "New Management."

D-Class: Why are you telling me this?

990: Because you are different from the other D-class, Mr.- *The dream moves out of focus, muffling the name*

D-Class: How the hell-

990: Oh, I know everything. Most things, rather. I know how they engaged their little protocols and plucked you off the street. I know how they selected to be one of their human expendables in their self assigned task of containment. And I know that what you are about to expierence will give them a very big wakeup call.

D-Class: Look, I don't know what your talking-

990: You don't have to. Just remember - Don't blink.

*The player falls and awakens into the intro*

Eh? No?
Ehhh, it's a tad cheezy for my taste. It doesn't sound creepy, so much as comical. However I'd like to see an intro where you run from a crime (you wouldn't be able to tell the crime, but you hear sirens and cops chasing you), that'd be cool. It'd teach the player a few skills (everything but blinking), and it'd explain why D-class actually became a D-class.

Just an example. My intro ideas are pretty stupid, so that's no suprise.

I don't know if this could be a thing, but in the D-Class orientation section it says that they have a protocol where in extreme situations, they can activate a protocol which lets them take anyone and make them a D-Class. Maybe this could make a cutscene at the beginning where they bust down your door, shoot darts at your family, blindfold you, and jam you into a van. And before that it could explain the running and crouching when you try to escape and hide. And then SCP 990 pops in.

whathopercy wrote:Just an example. My intro ideas are pretty stupid, so that's no suprise.

I don't know if this could be a thing, but in the D-Class orientation section it says that they have a protocol where in extreme situations, they can activate a protocol which lets them take anyone and make them a D-Class. Maybe this could make a cutscene at the beginning where they bust down your door, shoot darts at your family, blindfold you, and jam you into a van. And before that it could explain the running and crouching when you try to escape and hide. And then SCP 990 pops in.
I'd prefer if we make the way 9341 became a D-Class ambiguous. I liked Shlocky's idea, it says you've committed but it's not clarified to what crime you committed.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Yeah, I had an idea in the past where you woke up from a nightmare that shows a small tidbit from a scene in which you committed a crime (aka hear a woman scream, blood on the ground, etc). Then you wake up to an alarm and D-class duty in the Facility. Maybe 990 and the crime idea can be combined? He could mention how you were a criminal, which could cause flashbacks of sirens and police and screams and all that good stuff :)
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

I love that. 990 would have to say something to trigger the flashbacks. Something like "I know everything. Most things, rather. Why you were arrested *Flashback of sirens, maybe the screen could flash red and blue, and the sound of handcuffs clicking shut*, the judge's exact words *Flashback of the court, faint echoes of the gavel and the judge's ruling*, and even the excitement you had for a 'second chance.' *Flashback of D-Class orientation*"

I've never been good at writing scripts, so it's probably not as good as what any of you could think of.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP