Re: INTRO/POST INTRO DISCUSSION

Someone mentioned in an earlier post that 990 being in the intro scene wouldn't set up a mood.
I'm sorry, but that's stupid.

I think 990, if done correctly, can set up a perfect atmosphere of something foreboding that is about to happen. Something chaotic and dreadful is about to happen and a mysterious old man is giving you vague eerie hints at it. How is that not atmospheric? How is that not setting the mood? Again, if done right, 990 could help add a layer of something "being off" to new players and I love that idea. Just because something cliche doesn't mean it's a horrible idea, it doesn't mean it can't work.
Exactly, someones said it before I even got a chance.
990 could fit if done right, so far we do have audio samples and their perfect.
I mean listen to it! its perfect! http://soundcloud.com/volgunstrife/990test2
I have a copy of fragmotion and blitz3D so im gonna try to implant 990 as a mod.
But please just give it a thought!

Speaking of intros, if someone is going to implement this, then the original pressing of a key after the loading screen has to end. The whole sound it makes and its waiting for you just doesn't fit with the mood of a nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares and the such, you're gonna have a hard time doing something like that. Someone has to make a scene that uses images that don't involve NPC from the game. The whole game is made in a way that can't be cinematic enough to make a nightmare. Someone has to make a much better scene from a different engine (or computer language or whatever you call it.)

Different engines are for n00bs!
Animating and using textures to simulate lighting can do everything if done right.
The old PlayStation silent hill games didn't need a engine with a lot of horsepower to drive their games.
And they did the trick wonderfully using the resources they had.
SCP in the 7th/8th gen era could be done without breaking a sweat!
Dont know what your all complaining about it for.