Re: SCP-049 DISCUSSION

ShadowDust wrote:Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... So... The plague is a disease

SCP 500 cures diseases

D-class takes SCP 500 "curing" the disease along with AIDS, cancer, gonorrea and other stuff.

PROFIT!
Even better if you presented SCP-500 to him and took a pill right in front of him. Whatcha gonna do now, beaky? :P

I always thought that the "disease" SCP-049 refers to was life itself. Either that, or something like sin or committed crimes.
Yeah, at first I although thought that the disease was life, because, you know, the cured are ZOMBIES. However, it didn't make sense when I read the addendum with the doctor, because I'm pretty sure that guy was alive.
049 does say to the doctor that he doesn't detect the disease and THEREFORE he assumes he is a doctor. I think this is significant. I doubt a Class D is going to be "pure" in 049's eyes. Not that being a doctor automatically makes one pure or vice versa, but if being pure makes 049 assume a person is in the medical field, then that must be significant. Perhaps its related to its perception of cleanliness? I wonder how SCP-049 would react to SCP-106.......
I don't think you job would have anything to do with you having a disease. Also, if it was so, then wouldn't all the doctors be considered clean? The thing is, we don't know what the disease is (why didn't the guy ask him, I don't know) but we know that there is a small percentage of people that don't have it. Which as said before, could be implemented in the game.

The plague doctor is one of my favorite SCPs, which is why I think he should play a more important role, and yeah, he should have a different beak model.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

lucasxD wrote:a scary momment when he appears, but needs more walking speed!

Agreed. Since he is only limited to that area, I think he should have at least a little more speed. He should also chase you to the elevator. I've noticed that he gives up the chase a little too easy for my liking. I absolutely love this SCP and I think he is nearly perfect with that one exception.

This is more of a nitpick, but I think there's a flaw with 049-2: particularly the chest. It's a straight-line incision where 049 operated on him. I hate to break it, but do you realize how difficult it would be to dissect someone like that? To stay true to the article (where it says 049 takes 20 or so minutes to dissect his victims, so one can assume he's not just fiddling with the chest like that straight-line would make someone do), I say we change that simple cut with a Y-incision, the same one people use in autopsies to examine a person's vital organs to determine the cause of death.

Here's a video of it:
Spoiler
[youtube]?v=WLwnWanrcVs[/youtube]
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Stormy wrote:
lucasxD wrote:a scary momment when he appears, but needs more walking speed!

Agreed. Since he is only limited to that area, I think he should have at least a little more speed. He should also chase you to the elevator. I've noticed that he gives up the chase a little too easy for my liking. I absolutely love this SCP and I think he is nearly perfect with that one exception.
Actually, he probably should be able to at least enter the elevator. Having him just stop at the entrance just makes it too easy for the player to evade him.

Thank you Steelpoint for this Update <3

SCP-049 has been my personal favorite for quite... well.. 2 years I guess. But I think he's falling short by being limited to his little tunnel and spawnpoint.
I managed to go through there without 049 even activating on several occasions.. which is a bit sad.

Personally I'd like to encounter 049 while he's operating on a corpse or scouting another victim of the "disase".
I've seen 049 bend over my corpse... not during the non-cheat gameplay though. And THAT is very important. The player needs to realize what is happening to him/her. At least partially.
I do love 049 talking to you casually, really. And I'm pretty sure that can be enhanced.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

SCP 049 does need more freedom around the facility as well as significance. I think the tunnels he spawns at should be taken as a beginning of a new stage in the game: a more difficult stage where 049 is roaming around the site doing his work, adding to the hazards of the game.
As much as I agree with that, I also believe there should be a real purpose for entering his chamber, and I have a possible suggestion...

The elevator that allows you to exit should have a broken button which cannot be used. In order to operate the elevator, you must enter a small closet of electrics and manually operate the lift. The door to the closet should require a key which may be used elsewhere in the game, and the only key should be within the chamber of SCP 049. In consequence, you may only be able to proceed by entering the chamber and collecting that key.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?