[0.7.4] Stendhal's Nightmare

SCP-1074

"SCP-1074 is a portrait-sized oil painting on canvas, produced by an unidentified artist. When photographed or videotaped, the entirety of SCP-1074 appears to be painted a uniform shade of gray, with distinctly visible brush strokes."
[youtube]RhDMq2Sdtgo[/youtube]
Niborius made this video :) Thanks.
Spoiler
This is what you see when you wear SCP-714.
"When SCP-1074 is viewed by a human being, the observer immediately begins to exhibit physiological symptoms similar to the onset of Stendhal syndrome, including increased heart rate, sweating, and vertigo."

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?3wwgt2omfrnynnb
Extract this to your SCP:CB (version 0.7.4) directory, merge all folders, replace all files (make a copy of "Data\Rooms.ini"), and run the edited executable.

Changelist:
Spoiler
0.7.4:
- Updated to version 0.7.4
- Added more test rooms ("testMisc"), and "archive rooms" (one of these rooms contained SCP-1074)
0.7.3:
- Initial Release.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: [0.7.3] Stendhal's Nightmare

Léonard wrote:All of juanjpro's mods should be included in my opinion
Yes
Léonard wrote:but people already asked to implement mods in the official version of SCP CB and Regalis always ignore these suggestions for some reasons.
Yeah...
but somehow SCP-008 got implemented... but not the mod itself.
I don't know.

Léonard wrote:All of juanjpro's mods should be included in my opinion
No they shouldn't.
but people already asked to implement mods in the official version of SCP CB and Regalis always ignore these suggestions for some reasons.
Because it's his game and he should decide which SCP deserves to be in it?

Also, 008 is pointless already in-game. 1074, part of the official game, would also be pointless. This works better as an optional little add-on; y'know, what a mod should be.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Insanity's Bane wrote:
Léonard wrote: but people already asked to implement mods in the official version of SCP CB and Regalis always ignore these suggestions for some reasons.
Because it's his game and he should decide which SCP deserves to be in it?
Then tell me where did he state that he didn't want those mods to be implemented.
I do respect his choices and that's why I simply made a suggestion but if he doesn't want to implement them then I wish he simply says it. He's not even forced to explain why and I understand.

Insanity's Bane wrote: Also, 008 is pointless already in-game. 1074, part of the official game, would also be pointless.
Not really, no. If that were the case then everything except 173, 106, 096, 914 would be considered "pointless" because just like 008 they are player dependant to trigger and don't really do anything for the player. As far as 008 goes it does seem random that you would go in there just to get infected, I sent Innocent Sam a suggestion to remedy this but he either didn't read it or didn't like it. It had ideas to add more cosmetic details to the room and a better way to get infected. Once the player enters the room where 008 is a cut scene triggers where the camera is placed in the other room and pans over to the monitor. 079's face pops up on it followed by some written gibberish and an alarm goes off ( with flashing lights and etc on the control panel.) It then switches back to the player giving them control again and thats when the pod opens and glass breaks.

Insanity's Bane wrote: No they shouldn't
Yes they should.
Léonard wrote:Regalis always ignore these suggestions for some reasons.
I don't get why he does that either. To be honest if it's things like this that would fit nicely into the game I see no reason not to include them. If it were me I would be thrilled that people are doing some of the work for me :p it would allow more frequent updates with new content to keep people happy while at the same time taking some of the work load off my shoulders while I work on the other content. Seems like a win/win to me :)

SCP-895 is pointless then too ?
and SCP-1025 too ?
and SCP-012 too ?
I see people say the game needs more random events and other say that this is "pointless"
but the game is also about exploring and find out what abilities the SCP have.
And that SCP-1074 room is like the new SCP-096 room so a better way for the map and not just hallways to another hallway.

But yeah Regalis decide that so..
I guess you are all right with no and yes and I'll try to stay impartial....

Insanity's Bane wrote:Also, 008 is pointless already in-game. 1074, part of the official game, would also be pointless. This works better as an optional little add-on; y'know, what a mod should be.
So for you, everything that is useless shouldn't be ingame ? A game actually need diversity..
Why is there a mastercard ? So the player could have a chance not getting a keycard you would say but then, why is there a playing card ? Is it useless ?
It's just diversity..

And a mod, for you, should always be something pointless ? What about juanjpro's clipboard mod ?
Zarpox wrote:But yeah Regalis decide that so..
I do agree but we don't even know if he saw this mod and actually has an opinion about yes or no this should be included.
TheRooster09 wrote:Not really, no. If that were the case then everything except 173, 106, 096, 914 would be considered "pointless" because just like 008 they are player dependant to trigger and don't really do anything for the player.
Oh and this ^