SCP on Smartphone platforms?

What if I could play SCP:CB on my Android? That would be awesome,ofc.

But before anything,we should check on few things:

1) Engine:
-SCP:CB is built in 3D max,right? I forgotten a little bit. So,that engine might be able to make games for Android/iOS .Unity is for sure that can make games for these platforms,but will game work and all its content while switching the engine?

2) Size:
-Todays version of SCP (0.7.4) takes about 94 MB (to be precise: 94.4 MB) ,and that much space is ok for smart-phones with large memories. What about those that have much smaller memory?

-We could shorten the amount of sounds,that would,probably take about 90 MB.

-That is not enough,but if we take out some textures and all loading screens (it only shows the bar,without picture and text),then it will take about 88 MB.

-Or make maps less detailed,then it would take,about... 86 MB. That should do it. I think.

3) Framerates:
-Game should go smooth on 800Mhz,like my tiny Android. Models can be re-modeled to look less detailed,sound lower quality and smaller maps. Also,no bump textures and they can look a little bit blurry.

-But still,for better experience,in option menu you can change textures,sounds and models quality....

-All this can also decrease the size of game. For about 2-3 MB,then it takes about 84-83 MB. That is almost -10 MB from PC version.

4) Controls: *(the control GUI that shows on screen)
-Moving can be achieved by holding LEFT ARROW* or RIGHT ARROW* on screen to rotate and holding UP ARROW* to go forward, DOWN ARROW* to go backward.This is because you don't really have to look what is under or above you. You duck by tapping DUCK* on screen (you don't have to hold it,just tap it again to stand up). You sprint by holding SPRINT* and UP ARROW*. You blink by double-tapping on screen.

-You open inventory by tapping INVENTORY* .You equip by holidng on desired item for 2 seconds and dragging it to EQUIP* area and you drop by dragging them to DROP* area. DROP* and EQUIP* only shows while you drag the item. Otherwise,it only shows INVENTORY* to exit inventory. Because of size of inventory won't fit on phone,you can slide left or right to see other available slots. If you want to collect dropped item/s,just tap PICKUP* on screen to pick-up (it only appears when you are next to item on floor,it also shows the icon,so you know what it is).

-To operate on buttons or pick-up items from tables,shelves,ect. ,you just tap on screen to do so. If they are on floor,you tap PICKUP* on screen.

-Blink and sprint meters are shown on top of the smart-phone.

5)AI and maps.

-The speed of all SCPs (including MTF) is double-slower than on PC. This gives player more time to react,since they will move also slow and,for example,running from :106: can give them more time to open doors and run away.

-Maps are made easer to move and position of buttons are made to be easer accessed.

Share you thoughts about my...thought. Right here. I hope its not like: We already discussed about this and no official blah blah....
Working projects:
Spoiler
SCP Minecraft mod

Re: SCP on Smartphone platforms?

Daxmarko wrote:What if I could play SCP:CB on my Android? That would be awesome,ofc.

But before anything,we should check on few things:

1) Engine:
-SCP:CB is built in 3D max,right? I forgotten a little bit. So,that engine might be able to make games for Android/iOS .Unity is for sure that can make games for these platforms,but will game work and all its content while switching the engine?

2) Size:
-Todays version of SCP (0.7.4) takes about 94 MB (to be precise: 94.4 MB) ,and that much space is ok for smart-phones with large memories. What about those that have much smaller memory?

-We could shorten the amount of sounds,that would,probably take about 90 MB.

-That is not enough,but if we take out some textures and all loading screens (it only shows the bar,without picture and text),then it will take about 88 MB.

-Or make maps less detailed,then it would take,about... 86 MB. That should do it. I think.

3) Framerates:
-Game should go smooth on 800Mhz,like my tiny Android. Models can be re-modeled to look less detailed,sound lower quality and smaller maps. Also,no bump textures and they can look a little bit blurry.

-But still,for better experience,in option menu you can change textures,sounds and models quality....

-All this can also decrease the size of game. For about 2-3 MB,then it takes about 84-83 MB. That is almost -10 MB from PC version.

4) Controls: *(the control GUI that shows on screen)
-Moving can be achieved by holding LEFT ARROW* or RIGHT ARROW* on screen to rotate and holding UP ARROW* to go forward, DOWN ARROW* to go backward.This is because you don't really have to look what is under or above you. You duck by tapping DUCK* on screen (you don't have to hold it,just tap it again to stand up). You sprint by holding SPRINT* and UP ARROW*. You blink by double-tapping on screen.

-You open inventory by tapping INVENTORY* .You equip by holidng on desired item for 2 seconds and dragging it to EQUIP* area and you drop by dragging them to DROP* area. DROP* and EQUIP* only shows while you drag the item. Otherwise,it only shows INVENTORY* to exit inventory. Because of size of inventory won't fit on phone,you can slide left or right to see other available slots. If you want to collect dropped item/s,just tap PICKUP* on screen to pick-up (it only appears when you are next to item on floor,it also shows the icon,so you know what it is).

-To operate on buttons or pick-up items from tables,shelves,ect. ,you just tap on screen to do so. If they are on floor,you tap PICKUP* on screen.

-Blink and sprint meters are shown on top of the smart-phone.

5)AI and maps.

-The speed of all SCPs (including MTF) is double-slower than on PC. This gives player more time to react,since they will move also slow and,for example,running from :106: can give them more time to open doors and run away.

-Maps are made easer to move and position of buttons are made to be easer accessed.

Share you thoughts about my...thought. Right here. I hope its not like: We already discussed about this and no official blah blah....
SCP: CB is made on Blitz 3D, and it isn't the most flexible engine, but it works. Just be prepared to WORK.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

Don't worry about the size.

When you download a game from the market, all you're downloading is the main executable, then when you open the app, it downloads the rest of the data.

I've played games that downloaded over 1.5GB of data.

PureNexus wrote:Don't worry about the size.

When you download a game from the market, all you're downloading is the main executable, then when you open the app, it downloads the rest of the data.

I've played games that downloaded over 1.5GB of data.
Ok then,size will stay but still its gonna be decreased by removing details and other stuff so game wont lag.
Working projects:
Spoiler
SCP Minecraft mod

D-9999 wrote:SCP: CB is made on Blitz 3D, and it isn't the most flexible engine, but it works. Just be prepared to WORK.
Ok,how about transferring to Unity? Should that work? In Unity you can make any game mechanic you want,so it probably work.
Working projects:
Spoiler
SCP Minecraft mod

Daxmarko wrote:
D-9999 wrote:SCP: CB is made on Blitz 3D, and it isn't the most flexible engine, but it works. Just be prepared to WORK.
Ok,how about transferring to Unity? Should that work? In Unity you can make any game mechanic you want,so it probably work.
It would be a little difficult, but it would probably be best on Blitz 3D. But you need to know what Regalis did to know all the basics.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

D-9999 wrote:
Daxmarko wrote:
It would be a little difficult, but it would probably be best on Blitz 3D. But you need to know what Regalis did to know all the basics.
Exactly, but as you also said, it is not flexible, and that I know Bitz3D doesn't even know what "Objective C/Java mobile API" means (By the way, Objective C is the programming language that is used for Apple products, and Java for Android devices), so even though it's hard, transferring it to Unity would be the best option.

Whatsoever, we're talking about mobile devices, therefore, the only mobile game that we could make without making the device explode, would be a copy of SCP-087-B.
hentai

SCP-087-B yes,that should be great having manly test on your phone. I hope someone wont break his Smartphone,lol .

But will game work on Unity?
Working projects:
Spoiler
SCP Minecraft mod

Daxmarko wrote:SCP-087-B yes,that should be great having manly test on your phone. I hope someone wont break his Smartphone,lol .

Well, Unity IS really complex, but it's really flexible as well.

Let's say, ShadowGun, Dead Trigger and most games from Madfinger Games are all mobile and written in Unity.
hentai

CristianHG wrote:
Daxmarko wrote:SCP-087-B yes,that should be great having manly test on your phone. I hope someone wont break his Smartphone,lol .

Well, Unity IS really complex, but it's really flexible as well.

Let's say, ShadowGun, Dead Trigger and most games from Madfinger Games are all mobile and written in Unity.
I know! But from on engine to another,will that completly work? That what i asked... :? Or even better,it might work smoother and better...
Working projects:
Spoiler
SCP Minecraft mod