Re: Exposition of SCP-513 Modding

Regalis wrote:The thought of using the old 096 model didn't even occur to me, but it looks surprisingly good with the new texture. :) A low poly model is actually better than a high quality one - there's no need to waste polys on something that you'll only catch glimpses of.
That would be a very quick modelling sequence, so no time to waste. I am going to start now.
Regalis wrote:I could take a look at the room, try to fix the clipping and add the doors/buttons/etc if you'll upload the 3DW file somewhere.
PM sent. According to this 2D Diagram I made the room similiar to it.

The article for SCP 513 states that 513-1 does more than stand and stare at you like Slender man; it mentions that it usually walks away and vanishes out of sight when someone catches a glimpse. Shouldn't 513-1 do that in game as well? I get the feeling that having a static model teleporting around is unnerving to an extent, but it doesn't seem threatening or alive enough to care about so it'll get boring rather quickly. If he was animated and was able to move out of view, 513-1 would give the impression that he's actually alive and stalking you instead of being a harmless statue all the time. All he needs to do is turn away and run very quickly behind a wall or an opaque object where he vanishes once he's out of sight. He could even lean around a corner looking at you and disappear once you see him to make his presence less obvious.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

InnocentSam wrote:I bet that in-game, he glides along the floor because no animations.
He is a ghost, his legs don't really need to move.

I've not followed this thread much so, has anyone found a way to work around the SCP-513-1 victim slowly going insane and killing themself issue? Since that is why he was removed in the first place ,irrc.
And if the way of working around it was to make it the players choice on whether or not to ring the bell, what are you going to do to stop it being another 895 room?
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Re: SCP-513

SCP-Sean wrote:Im glad you all like my texture :D
I like it :D It's what I imagined 513-1 overall, Also, I put some eyes on him. I showed the texture in a spoiler a few posts up.
SCP-Sean wrote:*ahem* its supposed to be crap... :roll:

anyway, lets get back on topic, not my disgrace of a meme.

Mod edit: No double posting please.
He didn't double post. Theirs a post above him separating both of his posts.

Unless the meaning of double-posting was changed.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Re: SCP-513

SCP-Sean wrote:Im glad you all like my texture :D
And also I am glad cause almost everyone wants SCP-513 in. :)

Oh, and Cridone, check my PM sent to you...