Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION

Spiffycat wrote:Would it be easy to implement 106 climbing out of his pd as his spawning sequence from the floor and better from all walls besides that one particular hallway. He also needs a better attack animation that you can dodge. And he also needs a better walk animation because he looks like he is doing a model walk in Murica's top model.
It's a good idea !
I'm sure this guy who made new 096 animation could do it if you ask him :)

LukeDude759 wrote:Has no one noticed how freaking impossible it is to escape from the PD now? Seriously, I can't get past those damn pillars >:(
Yeah, the PD took a spike in difficulty now, and even if you get by those pillars, you can still die jumping down the hole on the other end, i just reset if i end up in that 4-way room. :|

One thing that got me across was timing it just right, and charging, do not stop or pause, just keep walking, if timed right you can sometimes just breeze through.

Although i have escaped quite a few times lately, just requires pure luck.

On topic, what if 106 corroded the doors he passes through, similar to the picture on the sight
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

SCP-500 wrote: One thing that got me across was timing it just right, and charging, do not stop or pause, just keep walking, if timed right you can sometimes just breeze through.
Congratulations. You've found the smallest window of opportunity ever. Seriously, I've tried everything. I've tried winging it. I've tried timing it more times than I can count. I've even tried going to the edges of the bridge to see if that would work. Nothing gets past the middle part of the bridge.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

LukeDude759 wrote:
SCP-500 wrote: One thing that got me across was timing it just right, and charging, do not stop or pause, just keep walking, if timed right you can sometimes just breeze through.
Congratulations. You've found the smallest window of opportunity ever. Seriously, I've tried everything. I've tried winging it. I've tried timing it more times than I can count. I've even tried going to the edges of the bridge to see if that would work. Nothing gets past the middle part of the bridge.
There's a kind of trick you must pull off to get through the middle of the bridge. The stone block passes the middle twice in about 2 seconds, then there's a pause before it comes back again. The block passes at an angle and you need to move closer to the side that the block won't pass closest to. Also, once it passes the first time, you must really move or you will be too slow and won't make it.

On another note: there definitely shouldn't be two separate stone block bridges. In fact, there needs to be less of these challenge routes where you play a sort of Super Mario gauntlet. Instead, we need more insanely distorted rooms and pathways that make you confused and the the path more difficult, but with less risk of dying. One idea I had was to have a huge open space with platforms spinning and moving around. Gravity could be shifted at random moments which means you have to time your movements to be able to get from platform to platform or you will fall and start at the beginning. I also thought of a situation where you are put in room or hallway while being confronted by fake and deformed 173s who you must look at, but 106 is watching you and pulling your gaze towards him so you accidentally look away from the statues.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:
LukeDude759 wrote:
There's a kind of trick you must pull off to get through the middle of the bridge. The stone block passes the middle twice in about 2 seconds, then there's a pause before it comes back again. The block passes at an angle and you need to move closer to the side that the block won't pass closest to. Also, once it passes the first time, you must really move or you will be too slow and won't make it.

On another note: there definitely shouldn't be two separate stone block bridges. In fact, there needs to be less of these challenge routes where you play a sort of Super Mario gauntlet. Instead, we need more insanely distorted rooms and pathways that make you confused and the the path more difficult, but with less risk of dying. One idea I had was to have a huge open space with platforms spinning and moving around. Gravity could be shifted at random moments which means you have to time your movements to be able to get from platform to platform or you will fall and start at the beginning. I also thought of a situation where you are put in room or hallway while being confronted by fake and deformed 173s who you must look at, but 106 is watching you and pulling your gaze towards him so you accidentally look away from the statues.
I do agree that the troll pillar bridge should be removed entirely, it's to be frank, just unfair to new players.

And I also agree on more additions to the PD. There's still a lot of great ideas in that thread, and I think Regalis was going to implement more at some point (106's hand is still in the games files, yet it's not used. It was used in several of the ideas on the PD idea thread)
It slep time bunner.

How about some more jump scares in the pocket dimension?.

For example

-You walk through a corridor and a corroded body drops and dangles from a string in front of you.
-Illusions of 106 or maybe other SCP's as 106's way of messing with you.
-a torture room that the player is sent too if he follows the wrong path too many times, maybe a scripted event where 106 tortures the player.

Also what about a room based on a mobius strip, or one of those optical illusion pictures, where going down leads up and stuff like that.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.