Re: xors3D

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:So xors3D won't be the new engine, what engine will use the game then in v1.0?
Somebody thinks that the game will "jump" to Unity3D but I'm not sure... (it would be TOO EXPENSIVE! You would need to buy a new license every month to use it and that would require BILLIONS! OK, maybe I'm exxagerating now... :laugh: But I still think that it will be, unfortunately, "painful for your wallet" in a way or another...)
And why does the game need to change its engine? I don't understand, this was just an extension to the game, an addition, if this engine extension doesn't fit to the game due to any reason it isn't neccessary to jump to another engine, the game just keeps the engine of always.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Brunou8 wrote:
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:So xors3D won't be the new engine, what engine will use the game then in v1.0?
Somebody thinks that the game will "jump" to Unity3D but I'm not sure... (it would be TOO EXPENSIVE! You would need to buy a new license every month to use it and that would require BILLIONS! OK, maybe I'm exxagerating now... :laugh: But I still think that it will be, unfortunately, "painful for your wallet" in a way or another...)
And why does the game need to change its engine? I don't understand, this was just an extension to the game, an addition, if this engine extension doesn't fit to the game due to any reason it isn't neccessary to jump to another engine, the game just keeps the engine of always.
I always thought that in v1.0 the game's engine would be changed, I don't know why...
So, it will remain on Blitz3D, alright. :173:
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Holy crap I created a thread that reg posted on!?
I AM GOD!!!
That's not true. You'd have to rewrite every part of the code that uses FastExtension, and then change all the graphics commands to the ones that xors3D uses. These aren't that hard to do, but after this you still need to write the code needed to use the features offered by xors3D, or it won't be of much use.
Good point, typical me looking ahead of the edge of the cliff and continuing to run! :P
Anyway, the race is on!
Requesting thread to be moved to the modding section ;)
Its not over yet!

mrslig100 wrote:Holy crap I created a thread that reg posted on!?
I AM GOD!!!
That's not true. You'd have to rewrite every part of the code that uses FastExtension, and then change all the graphics commands to the ones that xors3D uses. These aren't that hard to do, but after this you still need to write the code needed to use the features offered by xors3D, or it won't be of much use.
Good point, typical me looking ahead of the edge of the cliff and continuing to run! :P
Anyway, the race is on!
Requesting thread to be moved to the modding section ;)
Its not over yet!
Hmmm, you should PM Omniary to move this topic to the Modding thread.
SCP classified documents
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

May do...
This game would be great with xors!

sorry for getting in the middle of the conversation but i do prefer that the game stays in blitz 3D because
i cant use unity engine(because my PC is a piece of crap and i can't afford a new one), it would by a pain in the ass to lose this piece of art!
but if you guys want to i won't judge because I'm just a fan.... :)

hinothoro wrote:sorry for getting in the middle of the conversation but i do prefer that the game stays in blitz 3D because
i cant use unity engine(because my PC is a piece of crap and i can't afford a new one), it would by a pain in the ass to lose this piece of art!
but if you guys want to i won't judge because I'm just a fan.... :)
xors3D isn't a new engine itself, it's an extension.
SCP classified documents
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

I don't understand how everyone's getting excited over this when the only developer is someone with no knowledge of Blitz3D, nor any evidence that they do have such knowledge. Mrslig, you may think that it's a mere extension, and that the difficulty of porting it to SCP:CB will be a menial task, but you shall be unpleasantly surprised if this is your first undertaking into Blitz. Just my two cents.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

I don't understand how everyone's getting excited over this when the only developer is someone with no knowledge of Blitz3D, nor any evidence that they do have such knowledge
Dear god do you call yourself innocent. Im gonna cry now! :sob:
It was originally a suggestion...
I said I would have a mess around it and see if I could get it going not that I had taken the liberty of being the one to get the damn thing working!
Ive already taken back my words coz of regs post!
If your such a genius, this projects your problem now not mine!

Mrslig, the SCP Foundation and most of it's affiliations are a serious, mature community. I either suggest you shape up
or this continued behavior will result in unnecessary complications for everyone.
mrslig100 wrote: If your such a genius, this projects your problem now not mine!
Great way to act mature.

The first page was excruciatingly painful to sit through, I let out a huge sigh when I saw Reg's post.
Not only would most of the FastExt things would have to be adapted for XORs, but most of the rendering process.