Re: SCRAMBLE gear?

No, not really. You'll have to make sure you close your eyes before 096 faces you, and then you can see him...until he moves again, then you'll have to repeat the process. It'll be quite difficult at first, and it won't make you invisible to him at all.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

So, I always thought the SCP's SCRAMBLE gear was kind of stupidly designed, in that why do they show you the feed from the cameras then censor it? Why not only show frames after they've gone through censoring?

Anyway, I'd propose it work like this:

Reduces peripheral vision, like gasmask.

Consumes batteries.

Also since it has to process each frame for face recognition, one effect of this would be that since you're only seeing for say 90% of the time (eg each camera exposure is 9 ms, but processing takes another ms) then it's similar to rapidly blinking, in that SCP 173 would be able to move in-between frames (though not at full speed, since you're only "blind" for 10% of the time).

You could also do stuff like have the AI mess with your video feed, transmit to it similar to other monitors.

alfie275 wrote:So, I always thought the SCP's SCRAMBLE gear was kind of stupidly designed, in that why do they show you the feed from the cameras then censor it? Why not only show frames after they've gone through censoring?
I'm guessing that timing would be crucial, so a delay of even a second would be fatal because by the time you are seeing something happening (say someone attacks you while you are wearing it) it will have already happened.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Instead of laying around onsight, maybe have a working scramble gear in 096's chamber (add it)?
Also, you could leave a note saying they have finally perfected it.
However, if you can't see 096's face then you can't see 173 either, he could move slowly while the scramble
effect is active.

spartan322 wrote:
3pixel wrote:As the SCP-wiki said: Computers are fast but not as fast as light.

means his face is censored but you saw his face.

my suggestion is that you can put the Scramble gear in scp 914 but i would work only limited. you would need the metal SCP (forgot the number) and maybe when you wear it, it would have some downsides.
I'm assuming you mean the telekill alloy, if that is so then I don't see how that makes sense, since what it does is counteract reality benders powers.

What you can do is, close your eyes before you look at 096 face, the computer will then blur his image, and since you have your eyes closed the image won't pass through that milisecond. You will have to do this every time his face enters your view, but its better than nothing.
That'd require a lot of coding to actually pull that off. Plus I still don't like the idea of these goggles even being in the game. Takes away the horror of SCP-096.
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF

Soulzarath wrote:
spartan322 wrote:
3pixel wrote:As the SCP-wiki said: Computers are fast but not as fast as light.

means his face is censored but you saw his face.

my suggestion is that you can put the Scramble gear in scp 914 but i would work only limited. you would need the metal SCP (forgot the number) and maybe when you wear it, it would have some downsides.
I'm assuming you mean the telekill alloy, if that is so then I don't see how that makes sense, since what it does is counteract reality benders powers.

What you can do is, close your eyes before you look at 096 face, the computer will then blur his image, and since you have your eyes closed the image won't pass through that milisecond. You will have to do this every time his face enters your view, but its better than nothing.
That'd require a lot of coding to actually pull that off. Plus I still don't like the idea of these goggles even being in the game. Takes away the horror of SCP-096.
yeah that would require a lot of coding but it is possible.
my idea is that it needs batteries. not the normal ones, special ones that are really rare and they would not last long.
and maybe the gear would not work all the time.

Why would it randomly stop working? That makes no sense, and its really a bad way to make it balanced. Just making something stop working for no reason to try to balance it is just stupid, and will end up just annoying the player. It also shows bad design choices.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:If they perfected it, they wouldn't just have one in the chamber, they would give everyone a pair in case of a containment. It wouldn't be a secret thing.
No, not a single pair. There should be multiple, they could have some in shelters around the site, like 035's locked door.
spartan322 wrote:Also, that's not how 173 works.
173 can move when not in direct eyesight. Assume the SCRAMBLE gear takes a few milliseconds to process the image? Assuming that 173 has a lot of speed, he could move during this short period of time, as he is not in direct eyesight.