Payd8-Bit

Hello! I'm currently working on an 8-bit top down recreation (I use the term loosely, Nearly nothing from the original payday will be included) of payday called payd8-bit. It's in pre-alpha right now, But I have created a small test that shows character selection, the main menu mockup and a basic test. (Character Select and Main Menu music IS temporary!)
The game will have a new soundtrack and new levels (and probably quite a few references too!)

Staff:
Combine - Does some things.
Cridone - Alot of graphics shit! Thanks buddy!
Ryan/Ramnesia/Lanimret/Not on this forum - Graphics shit.
Samhamnam - Helping me with gripe with gamemaker's bullshit.

Here's a download:

Disclaimer:
THIS IS AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT. IT IS NOTHING SPECIAL AND HAS NO GAMEPLAY.
Pre-Alpha 0.2.1

Soundtrack:
I am composing an entirely new soundtrack for the game, It's gonna be a pretty strange system because there will be 2 music modes:
Normal - The normal 8-bit OST
Realish - A non-8bit soundtrack

Here's the tracks so far:

Casing Mode - Video Game Store
Casing Mode - Video Game Store Realish

Casing Mode - Robbing Hell - This music is based off some music from doom.
Citadel - 8-Bit rendition of some music from Half-Life, Citadel doesn't have a casing mode because combine will be on your ass as soon as you enter.

Special thanks to cridone for graphics help! (Also he squashed a bug that caused the game to go kaput if you didn't select a character, thanks AGAIN!)
Last edited by Jill on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Re: Payd8-Bit

They wouldn't be very interesting since most of the test is in function, not visuals.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Post pics and maybe I'll consider downloading.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:Post pics and maybe I'll consider downloading.
Alright then, here you go:
There you go, As I said, It's purely for function testing and the visuals are nothing.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Hey look, a game made in Game Maker. Must have been painstakingly difficult...

Edit: Continue to work on it and release more pics.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Game maker is genuinley alot harder than people think. I can't even make diagonal bloody movement.
It also has it's own scripting language which I needed to use to allow it to remember which character was chosen (granted, it's just one line, but still, i'll have to use alot more when I come round to actually making more of the game)

☜☝☞☟ ✌

samhamnam wrote:Nice that you use gamemaker but I am using game maker studio right now instead because I you can have it on more platforms. And I can help you if you need something.
I'm using Game Maker 8 Pro right now, But i might migrate to GMS if I feel i should.

☜☝☞☟ ✌