Keycards not realistic

Why do you need to have a level 5 key card to open the entrance zone checkpoint doors? There are many SCPs inside the facility that are very harmful and dangerous and it only takes a level 4 to enter their containment chamber. Also, if one needs to go through heavy containment to go to light containment, the doors' key level should be further reduced.

EDIT: First Thread, I'm so exited :P :D
Last edited by nightscout01 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Keycards not realistic

Yeah, the keycard level to go from Office Zone to HCZ should be the same as from LCZ to HCZ. If only for the sake of difficulty in gameplay, then it'd be helpful if you could actually find that many level 5 key cards, it seems like there's only a couple, like the one in 106's chamber.
It slep time bunner.

The maps make me mad too >:( , come on! Who puts the light containment zone after the heavy containment zone? I mean, if there are level one and two keycards in the LCZ, how did those people get there if you need a level five keycard to enter the containment areas?

Idea: There could be an "abort lock-down" button only accessible with a level 5 or omnicard. This would open the gates, it sounds dumb, buts its better than the "to use the bathroom I need a level five keycard thing."

I don't mind the level layout much, but I would be lying if I say I haven't wondered why the heavy containment zone is closer to the gates than the light containment zone. You can't get to the office zone without having traveled through the heavy containment zone first to get a key card with a high enough clearance (or at least without getting lucky with SCP-914), so why is the map layout the way it is now?
The light containment zone is kind of forgotten after you enter the heavy containment zone, so by putting the zones where they make sense, it would help ensure this area isn't forgotten almost immediately. Also by placing the zones where they logically belong, it lengthens the distance required to travel between the electrical room and SCP-079, making the Gate-B endings a little more of a reward. And for those who love a difficult challenge, this would make looking at SCP-096 in the face and escaping even more challenging simply because they have to travel farther with "The Shy Guy" on their tail.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

nightscout01 wrote:I mean, if there are level one and two keycards in the LCZ, how did those people get there if you need a level five keycard to enter the containment areas?
I'd assume that there would be some sort of security at each checkpoint which gives personnel clearance to each zone. They wouldn't just let a bunch of scientists run around with level 5 keycards.
nightscout01 wrote:Idea: There could be an "abort lock-down" button only accessible with a level 5 or omnicard. This would open the gates, it sounds dumb, buts its better than the "to use the bathroom I need a level five keycard thing."
Uh, I'm pretty sure it would make more sense to require authorization to go to the restroom then to have a button that just shuts down the site's security.

Well, there's an "all clear" response from site command in SCP-076's containment site that shuts down it's security. I agree with Luna's idea, and now its time for... LOGIC :D

Logic time: People enter the site through the entrance zone, people need a level five keycard to enter the HCZ and the LCZ, because there is no way to access the LCZ without going through the HCZ. Only a few people have Level 5 clearance, and only a select few and members of Site Command have Level 4 clearance, so what your saying is, members of site command cannot go outside of the entrance zone. Another point, one can find level 1,2,3, and 4 cards inside the LCZ and HCZ. How did any person with that clearance even make it in the containment areas?

On your other point: Yes, as you can see by that inaccessible side room by the checkpoint doors, there is most likely a guard stationed there. If there is a keycard reader between the two doors, I think he is not the one to open and close the checkpoint doors, and he most certainly does not have level 5 clearance if that is what's required to open them. In conclusion, in canon, there is no way those doors can have such a high clearance level to open. It would most likely take level 2 or even level 1 to open. The need for a high level keycard must be placed somewhere else.

nightscout01 wrote:Well, there's an "all clear" response from site command in SCP-076's containment site that shuts down it's security.
It probably isn't just a button that can be easily accessed by a random Class-D.
nightscout01 wrote:a select few and members of Site Command have Level 4 clearance
Is this mentioned somewhere in the game?
nightscout01 wrote:Yes, as you can see by that inaccessible side room by the checkpoint doors, there is most likely a guard stationed there. If there is a keycard reader between the two doors, I think he is not the one to open and close the checkpoint doors, and he most certainly does not have level 5 clearance if that is what's required to open them.
I can agree with you there. I do think that there should be an easier way to get through each checkpoint room because from a gameplay standpoint, a level 5 keycard is way too high to access another zone. Maybe there could be an entrance to the side door which would contain a 4 digit passcode to open the doors.

My head-canon is that the rooms you see in the game are just a small part of the facility, and the route from SCP-173's chamber to the exits isn't necessarily a route that any of the workers of the facility would use. There could be numerous routes from one zone to another, for all we know the layout of the facility could be something like this:
Spoiler
But in reality it is the way it is just for the sake of gameplay.

Honestly I was thinking on the issue of how the entire SCP facility would be organized these past couple days. It appears that of course every SCP is not contained in ONE site, but across dozens, sometimes each are dedicated to a specific SCP or sets of SCP's. Each site seems to have a Safe, Euclid and Keter based SCP wings.

The site in-game appears to be the biggest at the moment, probably sporting close to a couple hundred SCP objects (of course there ARE 3000 SCP's at the moment, but no site can contain even a tenth of that much with how dangerous they are).

I had an idea.. that perhaps maybe the facility could be seperated with a Monorail track to reach other labs (such as the Keter based sector).

Image:
Spoiler
Monorail seem to have a break room/loading bay before entering the track and before entering past that into the facility there is a tight security checkpoint.

Monorails are cool, right guys?