SCP-966 model/discussion

Howdy guys

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-966
I decided to start wrapping up an unfinished model that i maybe should of finished like a year ago
Still need to sculpt more definition into the lower ankles, feet, arms and obviously head aswell as adding the claws/nails. Then focus on tinier details like more wrinkles, skin pores, genitals, etc.
Spoiler
Here's also a pic of the infrared-goggles I originally did last year for SCP-966, but ended up giving them to Box of Horrors for some infrared/nightvision something.
Spoiler
Just wanted to hear some criticism and/or feedback on it, also any discussion of SCP-966's potential gameplay. Props to Moonsaber for the wickedsick concept art.

Re: SCP-966 model/discussion

Oh hey! They look exactly as I imagined when I wrote them! Moonsaber's concept art is, as always, spot-on, and you're doing a GREAT job with the model!

I do wonder if they have a place in-game, though. It'd be unfair to the player to have invisible creatures stalking them, I think. The one way I had thought on implementing them was as a jump scare, like, when you put the infrared goggles for the first time, you'd see a 966 right in front of you, staring, which'd then just run away; afterwards, everytime you put the goggles on there'd be a chance of seeing them wathching you in one of the corners of the room, perhaps even causing light damage if done too frequently. A way to control how often people would use the thing, perhaps~
Mirocaine wrote:genitals
unless it's 966-2 please don't :shock:
Creator of SCP-345, SCP-700, SCP-860 and SCP-966.

How are they going to attack tho? Considering their main method of attacking prey is by depriving them of sleep THEN attacking...

The Foundation article mentions they have low muscle mass and that they have thin, brittle claws so they would not have any very lethal methods to attack.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:How are they going to attack tho? Considering their main method of attacking prey is by depriving them of sleep THEN attacking...

The Foundation article mentions they have low muscle mass and that they have thin, brittle claws so they would not have any very lethal methods to attack.
I did mention that they will sometimes attack if the victim proves resilient enough. Maybe the specimen in this site is really really hungry and doesn't want to wait for the player to fall on the ground from lack of rest.
Creator of SCP-345, SCP-700, SCP-860 and SCP-966.

Oh, glad you like it Enma . 8)

Yeah don't worry, no private parts probably.. it'll end up being like totally Amnesia:TDD all over again!

Regalis had the idea that the player puts the goggles on and an instance of SCP-966 would swipe them off the players face if they stared for too long. Maybe they just stalk the player and harass occasionally.. we'll test it out. Right now just trying to refine the model. :!:

Looking good Miro and thank you Enma. On the topic of how 966 could be implemented like Enma suggested maybe the player could run into a pack of frightened and extremely hungry 966s, considering those circumstances they might attack the player. Or the player could be blasted with the "anti sleep waves" that might give us the excuse to have fun and add some "insanity effects" like shadowy hands attacking you but doing no damage, eyes appearing on the walls and fake hostile SCPs, along with auditory hallucinations. Just a few ideas keep up the good work.
Moonsaber
"edit" whops I ended up just repeating what other people have already suggested...derp
Email me at [email protected] if you need art done.

This would be a nice SCP to have ingame, its actually a favourite of mine. It would have to just be another SCP that you can experience out of interest, but that's ok. Come to think of it, they work in a very similar way to SCP-178, and seeing as that was added in the Box of Horrors, the code could easily be used as a template of sorts to give this a head start :)