Re: SCP-966 model/discussion

Skin_ wrote:This would be a nice SCP to have ingame, its actually a favourite of mine. It would have to just be another SCP that you can experience out of interest, but that's ok. Come to think of it, they work in a very similar way to SCP-178, and seeing as that was added in the Box of Horrors, the code could easily be used as a template of sorts to give this a head start :)
A little different, as with SCP-178 you will be killed by them if you 'interact' with them, and also they don't move. Pretty much the opposite of what 966 would be like. Meh, it would be a good head start but from scratch would probably help to avoid the code messing up the BoH code. I guess it's up to Regalis.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

WillWow_mc wrote:
Skin_ wrote:This would be a nice SCP to have ingame, its actually a favourite of mine. It would have to just be another SCP that you can experience out of interest, but that's ok. Come to think of it, they work in a very similar way to SCP-178, and seeing as that was added in the Box of Horrors, the code could easily be used as a template of sorts to give this a head start :)
A little different, as with SCP-178 you will be killed by them if you 'interact' with them, and also they don't move. Pretty much the opposite of what 966 would be like. Meh, it would be a good head start but from scratch would probably help to avoid the code messing up the BoH code. I guess it's up to Regalis.
In BoH they just walk towards the player and try to kill them.

wot, those goggles would be perfect for the MTF model Mirocaine!

On a more related note (I'm going to assume this is the high-poly model), you should make the lats a little lower, a bigger rib cage; just to create a bigger emphasis on the lats, and muscles insertions/origins that make a little more sense.
(looks bulky like this because of the brush size, but ignore that)
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Working on refining the torso and chest more, also just expirementing with something to do on it's back :twisted:
I know the face looks like a monkey, I haven't really sculpted hard on it yet. :
Spoiler
Also.. I don't know if their lats, honestly the creature is a weird mix of atrophy, claws and some muscle definition. I was thinking of it more like some thin loose skin like some sort of webbed-feet swamp monster or something. Anyhow muscle sculpting and definition is probably my weakest point in sculpting :,(

I'll keep trying to refine the muscles more and work on the claws next.

Looks like a pretty happy monkey despite the huge dip going down his spine and up to his head.

Hell I didn't know how else to call it, first thing that popped in my mind when I saw it was disproportional lats lol.
The main problem I see with the muscle right now is that they don't really have origins, the creases that are created seem rather random. I find these references pretty good for the arm and chest, but obviously feel free to search on your own and do w/e you want; it's your model.
lots of pictures ahead:
Spoiler
Also, I couldn't help but notice the delts on the back look like they have just been carved into the shoulders, so you might rethink creating the creases created by muscles with the crease tool (ironically), and rather go for adding layers on top of each other. Although, I won't lie, sometimes the crease tool is very useless, but generally only for small details that do look like they're carved in, like the serratus for an instance, and sometimes when used in moderation looks pretty decent too.

Oh also, completely forgot to mention this but still wanted to put notice to this; I don't know how familiar you are to studying anatomy, but at first it seems really overwhelming and complex, but as you go along and memorise the general looks of where the muscles originate from and attach to it gets really really easy.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Mirocaine wrote:Sadly not anymore, I'm afraid this project has been completely cancelled, no future plans as of now.
Thats █sham█ I ██oug██ ██████████████

>ERROR SYSTEM CRITICAL FAILURE IN SECTOR 39-B

>SYSTEM ATTEMPTING RESET
>UNKNOWN SIGNAL ALPHA-██

Spoiler
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Astray488
>Previously known as Mirocaine.

Astray488 wrote:Thats █sham█ I ██oug██ ██████████████