SCP-066 Hearing Loss Idea

I had an idea earlier that would give SCP-066 a more prominent role in the game. Hearing loss.

On the wiki article, it says that SCP-066 played Beethovens Second Symphony at over 140 Decibels causing hearing loss and deafness in those who were around.

So what if, if you were unfortunate enough to be around when 066 played the symphony, you would no longer be able to hear important sounds around you. (MTF, 106, 096) or maybe it would just make those sounds quieter. However I think sounds like ambience and jump scare sounds should still be fully audible.

Another idea is Ear Plugs, which you could find in an office area, which, while worn around SCP-066 would prevent youu from experiencing hearing loss.

I think this would be rather simple to implement, and would give our friend Eric a bigger role in the game.

Tell me what you think!
Jack always comes over to my house with no pants on.

Re: SCP-066 Hearing Loss Idea

Ooogel wrote:I had an idea earlier that would give SCP-066 a more prominent role in the game. Hearing loss.

On the wiki article, it says that SCP-066 played Beethovens Second Symphony at over 140 Decibels causing hearing loss and deafness in those who were around.

So what if, if you were unfortunate enough to be around when 066 played the symphony, you would no longer be able to hear important sounds around you. (MTF, 106, 096) or maybe it would just make those sounds quieter. However I think sounds like ambience and jump scare sounds should still be fully audible.

Another idea is Ear Plugs, which you could find in an office area, which, while worn around SCP-066 would prevent youu from experiencing hearing loss.

I think this would be rather simple to implement, and would give our friend Eric a bigger role in the game.

Tell me what you think!
Totally agree on this (and I'm sure others too): this would make you freak out more when you see SCP-066, and that he'll become more hostile now at this rate. Perhaps a few drops of blood should fall down too at one point if you don't get SCP-500-1 or a first aid kit or earmuffs on? The only problem is how to make sense of the fact that there are earplugs or earmuffs that can actually be found in the SCP facility; I know that I'm nitpicking on this one, but it doesn't make sense that you'd suddenly find a pair and there's no good reason why they're there - unless 066 gets its own containment chamber (albeit empty) or a reference to a nearby SCP (as an easter egg so you can't actually access it) where ears can be damaged as well.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

HGMgames wrote:Very good idea. But I have a better idea. For a while after the "played" symphony by 066, will be the "piiiiiiip" (like Daniel from Amnesia in the low sanity) in the ears of our protagonist. Good idea? :106:
Pretty much was I was thinking of too. Decreasing the volume of all sound effects, completely disabling the background music and letting a long constant beeping sound play for some time would be much more realistic as it is now.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Abincyprus wrote:wouldn't this be a bit annoying? Playing the whole game with no sound on while listening to ear ringing doesn't sound as great.
What if the tinnitus only lasted for about 5 seconds and the sounds regain the standard volume after it?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?