Re: [1.0.5] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.9c

juanjpro wrote:Yeah, not sure what happened there. At least I had most of the files on my PC, I'm only missing 005 and 020.
I'm pretty sure I have 020 on hand somewhere, I'll look for that. 005 is just a pedestal in a closet; could probably remake that in 15 minutes... :doubt:

EDIT: Regalis, is OVH any good for web hosting? Seems nice but a testimony would be good.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Hey Innocent, can you tell me what SCP-020 does in this mod? I swear, I sat in that room, and anywhere near it, and nothing happened.
Also, can you tell me why there is a zombie in the medical bay? It really doesn't make sense to me that a Zombie was in there conveniently. Unless they were doing tests with the Zombies from 049, then I don't see why it's in there. All you get is a health pack, which you can get in 914.

juanjpro wrote:Are you planning on implementing everything this mod has, or just some parts of it? I'd like to see nice replacements for 038 and 178.
I don't think I'll implement everything. I'll be adding at least 178 and 1123 and probably 038 too, but I'm not sure about the rest. 009, 020 and 409 seem to me like somewhat redundant additions, as they're pretty much identical to SCP-008 from a gameplay perspective. Honestly I don't think SCP-005 serves that much purpose either, especially if 409 is left out and there's no need for a reward for entering its chamber.

As for the non-SCP additions, I actually already added the clipboard, night vision goggles, the new rooms (excluding the SCP rooms) and the achievement system.
juanjpro wrote:It also would be a good idea to remove everything related to 009's distortion effect. FE_PROJECT is broken on NVidia hardware if I remember correctly. There should be a way to remove FE_PROJECT from the DrawPortals as well.
Yeah definitely, the drawportals seem to be causing a lot of problems. It shouldn't be that hard to remove the FE_PROJECT, I'll look into it.
InnocentSam wrote:Well it appears that every SCP-related file from my website appears to have vanished off the face of the Earth. FTP login history shows me logging in today, juanjpro logging in yesterday, and no one else logging in since September (and that was me).

I've sent a support ticket to my host, but I think this is a wake-up call to self-host. If juanjpro hasn't already sent you the 3DW files, Regalis, let me know so I can start scrounging around my HDDs for them (I horde everything).
No problem, since I probably won't be adding 005 or 020, I already got all the files I'll be needing from juanjpro. :)
InnocentSam wrote:EDIT: Regalis, is OVH any good for web hosting? Seems nice but a testimony would be good.
I've been really satisfied with OVH. Can't really think of anything to complain about; their pricing is okay, their control panels for managing your account and sites/databases/domains/etc are really good and easy to use (even for someone like me who has very little experience in anything related to web development). This site has also been running with pretty much zero downtime since I switched from the last service provider to OVH. They also have a Finnish customer service hotline which is a big plus for me: every time I've needed some kind of technical support I've gotten the answer in minutes.

Regalis wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:Well it appears that every SCP-related file from my website appears to have vanished off the face of the Earth. FTP login history shows me logging in today, juanjpro logging in yesterday, and no one else logging in since September (and that was me).

I've sent a support ticket to my host, but I think this is a wake-up call to self-host. If juanjpro hasn't already sent you the 3DW files, Regalis, let me know so I can start scrounging around my HDDs for them (I horde everything).
No problem, since I probably won't be adding 005 or 020, I already got all the files I'll be needing from juanjpro. :)
I made a backup of 020 anyway; so juanjpro, if you could reupload all the 3DWs into a folder on the FTP, that'd be great. I'll also use the backup system this time... :roll:
Regalis wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:EDIT: Regalis, is OVH any good for web hosting? Seems nice but a testimony would be good.
I've been really satisfied with OVH. Can't really think of anything to complain about; their pricing is okay, their control panels for managing your account and sites/databases/domains/etc are really good and easy to use (even for someone like me who has very little experience in anything related to web development). This site has also been running with pretty much zero downtime since I switched from the last service provider to OVH. They also have a Finnish customer service hotline which is a big plus for me: every time I've needed some kind of technical support I've gotten the answer in minutes.
Awesome, because I was loving their pricing, but any review I found was either really negative (they had a problem with it) or really positive (little to no issue with it), and offered no insight as to whether their service was actually good.
Twitter
Github Profile

juanjpro wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:I made a backup of 020 anyway; so juanjpro, if you could reupload all the 3DWs into a folder on the FTP, that'd be great.
Uploaded to the 3dws directory.
Cheers, I've made the backup so that should be safe. I've also made a new directory called newdev with the same username and password as before.

Looks like an OVH VPS is going to my Christmas present to myself :P
Twitter
Github Profile

Regalis wrote:I've been talking about adding the stuff from BoH to the official game "at some point" for god knows how long now, but I think now would be a good time to finally get around to doing it. I've been planning on releasing v1.1 at the same time as the promo film by Lotims (which should be around the holidays or early next year), and the stuff from BoH would add a lot to the update.

Anyway, could you guys send me the 3DW files for the new rooms? I'd like to do a little tweaking before I add them (such as realigning some of the textures, replacing the old chair models with the new ones and fixing the funky doors in 1123's chamber). I also think I'll also try to expand 1123 a bit: instead of just a glimpse of blood on the walls, I think it would be cool if you witnessed a more gruesome and detailed scene of some sort. I haven't yet decided what it should be like, but one idea I had would be turn the chamber into a gas chamber with people twitching and gasping on the floor and some officers in nazi uniforms standing outside the window. If anyone else has any good ideas, they're of course welcome. :)
I'm glad to see this SCP expanded on, you're certainly on to something with the current ideas you have for 1123. It would be even more disturbing if a combination of scenes flickered within the room and sent the protagonist unconscious from fear and insanity with a fake, corrupted game-over screen. The player would then wake up and find the MTF sweeping the facility, 049 already roaming about, and the checkpoint doors already unlocked. This would mix up the gameplay a bit making the game quicker but ramping up the difficulty because of the early MTF and 049.
As for the 1123 effect, there could be scenes of execution, torture and suffering taking place all around the player for a moment with a crescendo of screaming/crying noises that fade away as the player collapses. The different scenes would switch in between a light flickering effect. Some scenes may include execution by shooting, hangings, gassing, people crawling across the floor and up walls to get away etc.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?