SCP-772 Model Discussion

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-772 - Giant Parasitoid Wasps

Greetings

Well, I've decided to come outright about this SCP instead of being secretive and all (because I want everyone's criticism), a few days ago I wanted to model something that wouldn't be too complex but at the same time challenging and ended up actually finishing the model sooner than I thought. Yeah, I probably should of suggested it first before deciding myself, but it seems pretty fitting for an in-game hostile SCP.
The model is only 2.1k Poly's (8 of them being the equivalent of the current SCP-173 model's poly count)
I wanted to ensure that there could be several of them at once hopefully without performance issues. Model looks a bit plain right now, but textures really do make a massive difference, you could just call it an unfrosted cake right now. :)

Here's an actual picture of one:
http://content.clickbooq.com/224/photos/3acec0f8d3.jpg

So my thoughts on they're AI/Behavior in a nutshell:
-Escaped containment and are in a hallway, room, or containment cell?
-Come in a pack/swarm?
-Attack with ovipositor (Stinger) that's extremely deadly.
-Hostile on sight? Perhaps player can crouch-walk around them and they won't attack him?
-Use vent's as travel?
-Fight actively with MTF?
-Article mentions they're exoskeletons are extremely tough; bullet/incendiary resistant (and asphyxiation is the best option to euthanize them).
-Can hurt player badly, but don't insta-kill?

I'd like to hear everyone's feedback.

Re: SCP-772 Model Discussion

I think this is perfect for the game. They should ignore the player when crouch walking unless he or she gets too close. The best place I think of them being is in the red containment room where the button is inside the room and there's no gas, or any room with air-vents that are on the path. Therefore you would have to crouch beneath them to reach buttons or progress.
If you anger them, it would be unfair to make them chase you everywhere because they do so much damage. Perhaps they can swarm the player until he moves far away from their original spot.
I don't suppose there could be a room where you remove the air and therefore suffocate them to death? You could use the MTF to lure them in and then let them have it.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I think that if they was to get added to the game, it should only be found in a room, not flying round the halls.

You would find them in, lets say, a break room or cafeteria, where a few of the site workers didn't manage to get evacuated from in time.

The wasps then found the room with the dead bodies and made it into a nest or hive because they now had a place to put their eggs, and you would have to cross the room very carefully as to not disturb the eggs.

There could be some open gooey cocoons spread around the room, on the tables, the walls, the floor and the ceiling to indicate some had gone from the larvae form to wasp form already, and if you walked to close to them they would make a half cracking sound, as if they were being crushed, also alerting the current wasps in the room that you are there.

If you were chased by the MTF into the room, they could start shooting at the wasps to try and make them go away, or say that they are backing out of the room to leave the fate of the Class-D to the insects.

Sweet model by the way.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

A rather nice model, I must say. I think this could make a nice SCP, but I don't think it should be a free-roaming enemy, like 173, because it'd be a bit hard to see coming with little to no explanation. Maybe a chamber, like 372's, which if you open, they'll begin to start spawning about the map? I think it could fit quite nicely into the game, it'd really suit it in my honest opinion.

And that specific species of wasp scares me to know end. The way they lay their eggs. If one stung a human and laid its eggs to hatch... :K
It slep time bunner.

Mirocaine wrote: -Can hurt player badly, but don't insta-kill?
I think they could use the bullet injury system same as the MTFs.
EDIT:173rd post :D

I wish I could do modeling as you did, me gusta very much.

But honestly I don't have a clue how this SCP would fit in, except for perhaps a designated room(s)? Or perhaps they travel in a swarm and you can know where they are by audio cue?

ndi05 wrote:That is a quite impressive model, well done but i don't think it would fit the game :?
ndi05 wrote:I think they could use the bullet injury system same as the MTFs.
Please elaborate on why they wouldn't fit very well? (Take in mind that they're actually a foot
long and 2 feet tall (2 feet long if you include the ovipositor/stinger..)
Prune wrote:I think this is perfect for the game. They should ignore the player when crouch walking unless he or she gets too close. The best place I think of them being is in the red containment room where the button is inside the room and there's no gas, or any room with air-vents that are on the path. Therefore you would have to crouch beneath them to reach buttons or progress.
If you anger them, it would be unfair to make them chase you everywhere because they do so much damage. Perhaps they can swarm the player until he moves far away from their original spot.
I don't suppose there could be a room where you remove the air and therefore suffocate them to death? You could use the MTF to lure them in and then let them have it.
Yeah I was thinking of them being neutral to the player as well and crouch-walking quietly
around them could work, but they are in-fact Euclid and wasps generally get pissed off very
easily (especially giant ones in a Containment Breach in an alien environment..).

I was thinking that having 8 or so right all at once could be a bit hectic and I think they should be
an uncommon spawn (right now) in a few of 1-3. The MTF I also think should definitely kill them on sight,
as the Foundation does also have a lot of frozen SCP-772 eggs that are extremely resilient to death, so it's not they're final extinction if the MTF have to kill them on-sight.
Sparks wrote:I think that if they was to get added to the game, it should only be found in a room, not flying round the halls.
Yes I believe so too, halls could be a bit too linear allowing them to always get a nibble off of the player, perhaps flying around
in those big rooms that have lots of space but you might have to go through to get out? (Giant Gas Chamber, 106's chamber, 3 walkway room, 3 pipe room, 4 pipe room, etc)
Sparks wrote:You would find them in, lets say, a break room or cafeteria, where a few of the site workers didn't manage to get evacuated from in time.
The wasps then found the room with the dead bodies and made it into a nest or hive because they now had a place to put their eggs, and you would have to cross the room very carefully as to not disturb the eggs.
There could be some open gooey cocoons spread around the room, on the tables, the walls, the floor and the ceiling to indicate some had gone from the larvae form to wasp form already, and if you walked to close to them they would make a half cracking sound, as if they were being crushed, also alerting the current wasps in the room that you are there.
Well I think the game is a bit too small right now for them to manage to make a new nest and kill a few humans for hosting right now, probably just better as something 079 (Or the chaos insurgency..) apparently
released to help cause more chaos to the remaining survivors in the facility and the entire foundation/site as a whole. Perhaps they use the air vents, 372 didn't seem to have a problem getting his door open.
Omniary wrote:I think this could make a nice SCP, but I don't think it should be a free-roaming enemy, like 173, because it'd be a bit hard to see coming with little to no explanation. Maybe a chamber, like 372's, which if you open, they'll begin to start spawning about the map? I think it could fit quite nicely into the game, it'd really suit it in my honest opinion.
Yes, definitely not free-roaming (they can't really open doors after all) but rather randomly generated in specific rooms in small pairs of 1-3 to harass the player, and possibly cause the player to have to draw them out of the room (which would be more interesting IMO..) I also think that they're once again one of the SCP's in the part of "Multiple Keter and Euclid level containment breaches." line, so they would of naturally already of escaped they're containment cell (although it'd make sense if there were a few in there if the player decided to go into it).
UnbeknownstWatcher wrote:But honestly I don't have a clue how this SCP would fit in, except for perhaps a designated room(s)? Or perhaps they travel in a swarm and you can know where they are by audio cue?
I was thinking they could just be a very uncommon random spawn generation (1-3) and could fly around and land occasionally in a big wide open room like we have now, definitely not something you'll encounter every 6 rooms or so though. They'd also have
a very loud wing buzzing sound though and some weird insect sounds as well so you can hear through the doors and likewise.

What program you used?
Blender?
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Mirocaine wrote:
ndi05 wrote:That is a quite impressive model, well done but i don't think it would fit the game :?
Please elaborate on why they wouldn't fit very well? (Take in mind that they're actually a foot
long and 2 feet tall (2 feet long if you include the ovipositor/stinger..)
I don't think they would be scary but the main reason is how can you avoid them?
BTW how is the attack animation going to look like?