Re: Hype train inbound for FNaF3

I like the game because its fun and can be scary. and I have never heard of a game that sings so bad. But I think FNAF 1 and 2 are amazing games.. Plus they are not for Teenagers as far as I know.. Its a point and click Indie game guys.. Not a full fledged horror game made by a team of 20... Literally one person made this game, he deserves credit. For someone who is a Game dev themselves, it takes a ton of time to make a game and the fact that he can do it fairly quick is pretty impressive. (And for people who don't know, he has to hand make everything, make them into Picture files, Gifs, and other Picture formats, Import them into a 2D engine, attempt to make them 3D. Do the sounds). Game devving is alot harder than you guys think so all you people acting as if it was simple and easy to make a game like FNAF needs to pick up a book for once. The only person here that seems to make a point is MonocleBios... FNAF is brilliant, especially with the crazy storyline and the hundreds of little secrets.

chris0matic wrote:Game devving is alot harder than you guys think so all you people acting as if it was simple and easy to make a game like FNAF needs to pick up a book for once.
Game development isn't hard when you master the tools you're using. I don't know how FNaF's engine works but there are a few engines I know that can be used to recreate the game quickly.
chris0matic wrote:Its a point and click Indie game guys.. Not a full fledged horror game made by a team of 20... Literally one person made this game, he deserves credit.
Scott is one person, but that doesn't mean that his work can't be criticized. He might've worked hard on the first game, but the second one could've been a DLC instead of being standalone.

I've yet to find a proper explanation of what makes FNaF so amazing, what makes FNaF 2 worth buying when you can get the first game, or what makes the fans think they need a third game.

What's so good about outlast, alien isolation, and amnesia if you just sneak around and hide? What makes fnaf so fun is because how uncanny it is.. I say its a good game for 10 dollars. Although it may not be the best game,calling it terrible and or one of the worst is a bit out of line, I intact love the game for its creativity, the other thing that makes fnaf good is gameplay.. So what if its point and click, it also makes you think when or where the anims are coming from, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. Lastly, the way the storyline has slowly unfolded in this game and still tends to do so is one of the most creative plots I've known. In my opinion, fnaf is one of the best horror game of all time.

What makes Aliens: Isolation, Amnesia, and Outlast fun, is that a bit more effort has been put into them. Also you actually get to do different challenges, and most of all, wonder around the place. Whereas FnaF you sit in the office going through the same shit every night. Also the jumpscares are pretty cheap.

chris0matic wrote:That's the thing... You can't escape. Your forced to sit there as those effed up animatronics slowly get closer and closer giving you little to no defense.. Yes, the game has cheap jump scares, but what makes it genuine is the factor of suspense as they get closer and closer.
Yes, but the cheap jump scares would cheapen the suspense that would come from them getting closer and closer.

Of course, this conjecture of why something is scary or not is just that, conjecture. In the end, fear is not an absolute property of something. Fear is a thing that is hard to analyze with rational thought, as it is itself, not rational. Why are people afraid of animatronics in a game that can't actually hurt them, and why are some people not scared of the same thing? Fear is something that manifests differently in everybody, and cannot be fully comprehended.

..... However, a game where you just sit in one spot all night and just look cameras to see animatronics make goofy selfie poses... not exactly my definition of fear.... or fun.

This already reached the point where we get to the "na nothng about the game has a point lol worst game even worse than e.t for atari soz lol" "scott's the new phil fish" part of the topic without anything else to say about the good aspects of the game

Personally i did find FNAF 2 to be kind of lacking in originality, and the worst point of it was the persistent issue of it having LITERALLY no point to look at any other camera other than the Prize Corner, Left vent, Right vent. Any easter eggs or interesting stuff (like how foxy would go back to the Service room after resetting him or Mangle wandering about) would become very dangerous to look at when the animatronics + music box are not giving you a break. Making it feel like a chore as you wouldn't get to see anything new.

I felt Scott did not exploit as much how fucking unsettling was it to for example look at Bonnie or Chica twitching back in FNAF 1, or did not take any advantage to give the Toy animatronics anything outstanding apart from them just coming to the office; if anything, back when FNAF 2 was in-dev many people thought the Toy animatronics would attempt to disable the older ones, while being completely neutral to the security guard as long as he didn't have the Freddy Mask on, while the older animatronics would forget the player if they caught him with the mask on; even so, many people thought THAT was the reason of the old animatronics were all damaged was from the newer ones pulling on different parts of their bodies attempting to take them back to Service so they'd stop wandering about.

Taking all of that and other stuff aside, FNAF 2 had some nice things that made the game feel more complete and not as dead as FNAF 1 "pretended" to be, the death minigames, cutscenes, and phone calls with info kept me wondering what'd happen next and encouraging me to play, not to mention, it's really fucking terrifying to see Mangle at the ceiling, mouth wide open, uncertain if she'd attack at any point in the night. (you can actually have a full night complete without her attacking you) Or the scare factor of Golden Freddy suddenly being in the match, with a twist to avoid him. The way the game made you feel insecure by not being sure if you put on the mask at the right time or flashed the light enough was great. The game was rushed, though. Compensated by an intriguing storyline which became more than your usual creepypasta, something akin to Jadusable's BEN Drowned in which people would cooperate to dig on details hidden around the place, this is part of FNAF's success, other than school kids being like "oh man check out this game its better than slenderino". People who get deeply hooked on to incomplete stories would look deeper on, attempting to connect the dots Scott left around, unarranged, in purpose.

This possibly comes, in my opinion and what i've dug about, from the fact Scott hadn't really made games of this impact before, if you look at his previous games they're all very simple, with many having a "play again, if you lose, try harder!" basis which is present in many mobile games today (which is not a bad thing!). His older games weren't having success and he was in depression after releasing one of them, frustrated. The success of Five Nights at Freddy's probably pushed him back up, and he felt that having the same formula for FNAF II would appeal the fanbase (and it did), possibly scared of trying anything new (pherpaps? i'm not sure about this fact.) for fear of getting the same reject as before. And of course, money. He wins money and recognition for these, a big inspiration.

I do hope Scott comes with something shiny and interesting for FNAF 3, pherpaps with the same core principle as before, checking places and performing the right actions, but WAY more expanded on, something so that there's consequences apart from a scary bear popping up to scream in your face. Or many more things to look for. Otherwise, i will just consider FNAF 3 only the thing that completed the story i have been deeply interested for. I do suppose he came up with most of the story during the development of FNAF 2, as he couldn't really explain why he put Golden Freddy into the game until FNAF 2.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango