Re: More to the intro

Cridone wrote:Managed to make this nice communication display.
Spoiler
Instead of just putting a static image (because it would've looked pretty bad) of the guy he's talking to, I just put an error message saying the video feedback couldn't be displayed.
That looks really good.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.

Airplane611 wrote:Here's the image with digital effects

-snip-
Erm.. Was that really necessary? The image looked fine on its own, IMO. The effect is too noticeable, especially on a computer monitor. I think the Foundation keeps their hardware and software up to date rather than having an old 1998-2000 desktop monitor and having that annoying effect on the screen. I used a modern desktop and saw no such effect, and nor would or did it happen on a laptop.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

The intro does feel dull and could use some livening up even if it's small changes.
We don't need to go super crazy with it like Half-Life 1's intro tram ride but small details can really build the atmosphere.
I just wonder how much the engine can take if you add some of those things you listed.
Either way I do feel that the place should look a little alive before it goes dead.

Perhaps you could see distant viewing glass windows, When you are on a bridge, With People walking by? Some slight ambience of random, indistinguishable chatter etc. could help possibly.

Of course, These People could be 2D animated sprites similar to how SCP-513-1 originally appeared. Only way you could get close enough to see they are 2D would be to no-clip. :)

Some Open World Games used this technique when the Player looked out into the Streets from inside a Building Instance
[ Spider-Man 3 ].

Hope what I am saying makes sense. :P
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

FireFox wrote:Perhaps you could see distant viewing glass windows, When you are on a bridge, With People walking by? Some slight ambience of random, indistinguishable chatter etc. could help possibly.

Of course, These People could be 2D animated sprites similar to how SCP-513-1 originally appeared. Only way you could get close enough to see they are 2D would be to no-clip. :)

Some Open World Games used this technique when the Player looked out into the Streets from inside a Building Instance
[ Spider-Man 3 ].

Hope what I am saying makes sense. :P
It makes sense.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Also, here is a dead D-Class texture if anyone needs it

It's got a bullet wound in it's eye like Gonzales.
I'm a thread of yarn.

Eric? SHE PEES

"Run! Get to Gate-A or B! Try to run without SCP's and MTF's spotting you! Try to get items that help, and escape."

Airplane611 wrote:Also, here is a dead D-Class texture if anyone needs it

It's got a bullet wound in it's eye like Gonzales.
Can you spoiler your images?
Also, I don't think all of these gored pictures are really necessary.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.