Only Good Horror Games

Hello, everyone. Here's a list of horror games that I've played and that I fully recommend you to play. If you have played a game that is not on the list and think it is good enough, you can suggest it and I'll post it here. Here we go:
Spoiler
Afraid of Monsters
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Corpse Party
Cry of Fear (SyphenTV)
Dead Space
DOOM 3
F.E.A.R.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (MonocleBios)
Outlast (Cridone)
P.T. (Cridone)
PARANOIA
Paranoia 2: Savior
Penumbra: Black Plague (Cridone)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
SCP: Containment Breach
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Singularity
The Cat Lady (Cridone)
The Thing
The Witch's House (Cridone)
Underhell
Yume Nikki
If you are curious and want to take a look at the other side of the coin, here's the Bad Horror Games thread made by Cridone.
Last edited by Brunou8 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Re: Only Good Horror Games

Interesting seeing Yume Nikki is on this list. I love Yume Nikki to death, but it's much more of a absorbing exploration rather than an actual horror game. Barring Uboa, it's a pretty tranquil and absorbing experience. I find a lot of parts of the game actually more comforting than unsettling. Not saying you shouldn't have put it here, just saying I find it weird so many people consider it a horror game.

As far as RPG maker horror games go though, Ib is probably one of the best out there.
It slep time bunner.

SyphenTV wrote:I think you forgot SCP-087 (or 087-B) I guess.
Not really. SCP-087-B is a nice game but only that. If you think about it, it isn't too different from games like Five Night's at Freddy's where you repeat the same process over and over.
Omniary wrote:Interesting seeing Yume Nikki is on this list. I love Yume Nikki to death, but it's much more of a absorbing exploration rather than an actual horror game. Barring Uboa, it's a pretty tranquil and absorbing experience. I find a lot of parts of the game actually more comforting than unsettling. Not saying you shouldn't have put it here, just saying I find it weird so many people consider it a horror game.

As far as RPG maker horror games go though, Ib is probably one of the best out there.
Well, the reason I put Yume Nikki there isn't because it is scary but because it is disturbing. I enjoyed exploring the worlds but there were also hundreds of things that didn't have a rational explanation. The meaning behind all these things could be anything, but that meaning took us to the game's ending that I guess you know how it is.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

If there was a post about bad horror games, I'd have plenty.

On topic, the only good horror games I've played are on the list already. But I've seen a playthrough of Erie, and it's a pretty decent game. The only off-putting parts of the game are the constant cat meowing (I love cats but them meowing all the time gets to me) and the goofy death animation that makes one laugh instead of cry.

I got a few.
Spoiler
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Slender (NOT SLENDER THE ARRIVAL, THE ORIGINAL WAS THE BEST [Also known as Slender: The Eight Pages])
P.T (Yes I know, it's short, but don't tell me it wasn't scary. [Actually couldn't get an image for this one])

Cry of Fear
Brunou8 wrote:Not really. SCP-087-B is a nice game but only that. If you think about it, it isn't too different from games like Five Night's at Freddy's where you repeat the same process over and over.
Also, so what you're saying, is that SCP-087, and SCP-087-B, wasn't scary and is pretty much Five Nights at Freddy's even though it came out before Five Nights at Freddy's?

SyphenTV wrote:I got a few.
Spoiler
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Slender (NOT SLENDER THE ARRIVAL, THE ORIGINAL WAS THE BEST [Also known as Slender: The Eight Pages])
P.T (Yes I know, it's short, but don't tell me it wasn't scary. [Actually couldn't get an image for this one])

Cry of Fear
Brunou8 wrote:Not really. SCP-087-B is a nice game but only that. If you think about it, it isn't too different from games like Five Night's at Freddy's where you repeat the same process over and over.
Also, so what you're saying, is that SCP-087, and SCP-087-B, wasn't scary and is pretty much Five Nights at Freddy's even though it came out before Five Nights at Freddy's?
Yes, that is exactly what he was saying. Congratulations, you can read someone's post correctly. Now just try to read it again without some stupid counter-argument about SCP-087-B being made before FNAF since that fact is absolutely irrelevant in his comparison, especially since the comparison did not contain the word "ripoff". (If you can't compare any two things unless they were made at the same time, comparisons would never be made)

Anyways, I don't really play many horror games. The 2 good ones I played are already on the list (SCP: Containment Breach and Dead Space (although dead space was better at being an action game than it was a horror game)) The only other horror game I played, I wouldn't suggest for this list.