Am I missing something to get the Gate A ending?

So I played the game on my YouTube channel last year after the release of v1.0, and did two playthroughs. But on both, I had to settle for the Gate B ending as the Gate A ending seemed to have an issue. (I chose not to file this under "bug reports" since (A) I'm not certain it's a bug, and (B) I haven't tested it since v1.06.) I'd like to play through v1.15 and go for the Gate A ending, so I want to confirm whether my method actually works, or if this was an issue in that game version. I didn't find any related comments in the change logs.

As far as I understand, to get the Gate A ending, all you need is:
  • - SCP-106 to not be contained
    - Remote door control to be ON
    - A level-5 key card or higher
    - Finding the Gate A exit (obviously)
However, when I played, with an Omni card and 106 roaming free, and with remote door control on, inserting the card into the Gate A door slot would work for a second, but the doors would just close back up. If I turned remote door control off, inserting the card would just say, "You insert the key card into the slot but nothing happens." If I used NOCLIP to move through the door, the remainder of the sequence wouldn't properly activate.

I know this was in a previous version (v1.06), but I'm wondering if I just missed something or if this indeed was (is?) a bug.

I'd be happy to share the videos this happened in so you guys can see the circumstances, but I don't want to post them without being asked (to avoid self-promotion and so on).

Re: Am I missing something to get the Gate A ending?

Craziac wrote:So I played the game on my YouTube channel last year after the release of v1.0, and did two playthroughs. But on both, I had to settle for the Gate B ending as the Gate A ending seemed to have an issue. (I chose not to file this under "bug reports" since (A) I'm not certain it's a bug, and (B) I haven't tested it since v1.06.) I'd like to play through v1.15 and go for the Gate A ending, so I want to confirm whether my method actually works, or if this was an issue in that game version. I didn't find any related comments in the change logs.

As far as I understand, to get the Gate A ending, all you need is:
  • - SCP-106 to not be contained
    - Remote door control to be ON
    - A level-5 key card or higher
    - Finding the Gate A exit (obviously)
However, when I played, with an Omni card and 106 roaming free, and with remote door control on, inserting the card into the Gate A door slot would work for a second, but the doors would just close back up. If I turned remote door control off, inserting the card would just say, "You insert the key card into the slot but nothing happens." If I used NOCLIP to move through the door, the remainder of the sequence wouldn't properly activate.

I know this was in a previous version (v1.06), but I'm wondering if I just missed something or if this indeed was (is?) a bug.

I'd be happy to share the videos this happened in so you guys can see the circumstances, but I don't want to post them without being asked (to avoid self-promotion and so on).
GATE A ENDINGS:
-----
ENDING 1.

1. Disable Door Control.

2. Talk with 079.

3. Activate Door Control.

4. Capture SCP-106.

5. Go to Gate A.

--------
ENDING 2.

1. Disable Door Control.

2. Talk with 079.

3. Activate Door control.

4. DO NOT CAPTURE 106.

5. Go to Gate A.

--------

There you go. SCP-079 is controlling both doors. Disable the doors, then talking and reactivating makes him unlock the doors. Wether he locked Gate A on accident, or he did it purposely, both doors need to be reset using the Gate B technique.

SyphenTV wrote:GATE A ENDINGS:
-----
ENDING 1.

1. Disable Door Control.

2. Talk with 079.

3. Activate Door Control.

4. Capture SCP-106.

5. Go to Gate A.

--------
ENDING 2.

1. Disable Door Control.

2. Talk with 079.

3. Activate Door control.

4. DO NOT CAPTURE 106.

5. Go to Gate A.

--------

There you go. SCP-079 is controlling both doors. Disable the doors, then talking and reactivating makes him unlock the doors. Wether he locked Gate A on accident, or he did it purposely, both doors need to be reset using the Gate B technique.
Awesome, thanks. Confirmed this using console commands today. Didn't realize that SCP-079 was involved in Gate A also.

I'm getting the same problem here;
With the remote turned off i can't acess SCP-079 because that blast door just close right on my face when i try to open it and if i turn the remote on, i cant even acess the heavy containment area. Exacly the same problem.

I Contained the 106, and i can't acess that computer, i tried to pass through that door and the computer does nothing.

I don't know if this is a bug, i only reply this post because i've found it.

Update: I think i found the source of the problem, there's a lockdown due to the SCP-008, where can i find this thing?
FIX: I WAS RIGHT, I HAD TO RECONTAIN THE SCP-008, after that i was able to proceed into the game, i heard that hey lock the gate B, however my plan it is to beat with the gate A. Anyway thats it.