v0.1.3

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v0.1.3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiplayer:
	- fixed master server connection errors in server list screen
	- fixed a bug that caused other characters to get "stuck" to the railgun controller, causing them
	to fly back to it as they try to move away

Items:
	- putting items inside other items works properly now (i.e. by pulling a spear to the same slot as 
	a harpoon, not the other way around)
	- C4 blocks loaded inside a railgun shell won't explode inside the submarine when firing the railgun
	- fixed another game-crashing railgun bug
	- fixed a bug that caused characters to spawn with an incorrect number of items
The server list should be working now (knock on wood).

If anyone wants to come join for a few rounds, I've got a server running now at 84.248.23.17!

Re: v0.1.3

yonzo_rikuo wrote:i suggest a dialog between too people or something like that
You mean something like a /say or /talk function? Yeah that would be pretty cool.
I think it would be interesting that if you wanted to say something in the "all chat", you would need a walkie talkie in your inventory.
And in the captains command room there would be this micropone which you could make announcements. Guess that the text would be in an "eye-catching" colour down so it would be hard to not notice it.

Just thinking out loud. 8)

After playing around 20 games (and not winning a single one) it seems there are some massive desync issues.

There is also the problem of having to use 2 clients to play your own game, which in turn causes the game to lag (especially the chat) and become unplayable.

I think these should be priority fixes

There were also people saying that they had been seeing different amounts and species of creatures on their clients. I do not know if they actually did see differently but there was complaints in the chat stating they could not see a certain thing that other people could.

Rick wrote:After playing around 20 games (and not winning a single one) it seems there are some massive desync issues.

There is also the problem of having to use 2 clients to play your own game, which in turn causes the game to lag (especially the chat) and become unplayable.

I think these should be priority fixes
Fixing the multiplayer issues is my #1 priority atm. I'm aware of the problems with creature syncing, and there were also bugs in syncing the position of the sub and the amount of water in the rooms (which I've now fixed), but if there's anything else, it would help you if you posted a more descriptive report on the Bug Reports section.

Also, until I add the option to play on your own server using the same instance of the game, there's a workaround that shouldn't cause much lag: you can start another client and use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" as the server IP.
TheOverseerOfAll wrote:There were also people saying that they had been seeing different amounts and species of creatures on their clients. I do not know if they actually did see differently but there was complaints in the chat stating they could not see a certain thing that other people could.
Yeah, I've noticed this on some of the multiplayer sessions I've played, have to look into it...