No More Monsters

Edit: this thread is abandoned. See "No More Monsters Development"
Last edited by Z-Bites on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: No More Monsters (Game idea, open for grabs)

Well the idea of scp-122 being the main antagonist is a good idea, there arent alot of scps that are good for games but 112 could be one of them, 112-1 is a simply horrifying infectious creature :shock: . The story sounds great and follows the info on the scp, plus the side scps are great choices, well except scp-13, its effect is supposed grow over a long-term span, doesnt make much sense :? , but still, great idea :) . I would like to help make this game because ive never had a big game project myself. I have made a few small games on the unreal engine and am pretty good at level design :), but not so much art and textures :oops: . If you could do the story line and outline of the game, I could help with the design. But more people are going to be needed for this endeavor. Ill be happy to help, if we get more volunteers :laugh:

maniac1198 wrote:Well the idea of scp-122 being the main antagonist is a good idea, there arent alot of scps that are good for games but 112 could be one of them, 112-1 is a simply horrifying infectious creature :shock: . The story sounds great and follows the info on the scp, plus the side scps are great choices, well except scp-13, its effect is supposed grow over a long-term span, doesnt make much sense :? , but still, great idea :) . I would like to help make this game because ive never had a big game project myself. I have made a few small games on the unreal engine and am pretty good at level design :), but not so much art and textures :oops: . If you could do the story line and outline of the game, I could help with the design. But more people are going to be needed for this endeavor. Ill be happy to help, if we get more volunteers :laugh:
Never thought that someone would actually care about this.

013 was just something I threw in for the chits and giggles because I made up this one really dumb idea for the game that would act as some kind of comical relief without having to use a joke SCP, like say, there's a mirror as an easter egg and when the player looks into it if and they smoked an instance of 013 in the past, they would begin to say things that ladies would say if they looked in a mirror.

I've never heard of an Unreal engine before. Sounds like something w/ decent graphics. Since it seems like you wanna give this idea a go, I'll let you. Along with that, as you requested, I'll make a story line and send it to you somehow, probably through PM. I don't mind it if you bring other people in. As for art, I have this little guy right here that could be used a start screen or something. I made it not too long ago: http://jason-jason.deviantart.com/art/S ... -374505985
Last edited by Z-Bites on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool love this wall paper, i might just use some of the textures from scp: cb for the walls and rooms and sounds, it would only seem logical to use them. I was thinking that perhaps this would correlate with scp cb, since a power outage is what causes scp-122 to start doing bad things :shock: ( though the unreal engine will make the world seem a little different from cb :laugh: ). Ill get working on it as soon as i can. also if anyone sees this and is adept in 3D modelling and art, plz write a comment or send me a message :D .

maniac1198 wrote:Cool love this wall paper, i might just use some of the textures from scp: cb for the walls and rooms and sounds, it would only seem logical to use them. I was thinking that perhaps this would correlate with scp cb, since a power outage is what causes scp-122 to start doing bad things :shock: ( though the unreal engine will make the world seem a little different from cb :laugh: ). Ill get working on it as soon as i can. also if anyone sees this and is adept in 3D modelling and art, plz write a comment or send me a message :D .
Since I'm only in control of the storyline here, whether or not props from CB are used in the game is your call. As for No More Monsters being linked with CB; I dunno, I'm feeling a bit mixed on that one. Something tells me that if that were to be the case, we'd end up having to bring in a bunch of other SCPs from CB into the game, which was never my goal when I made the idea. You already have to deal with an army of 122-1. I don't think that you need 173 and 106 derailing things. Plus, most areas in the Site are most likely locked down. That includes containment chambers (Edit: That awkard moment where I forget that Larry goes through walls).
Last edited by Z-Bites on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Well the idea i was thinking of was that it was far way from where the CB area is, but still in the same facility, scp-122 would be somewhat far away from dangerous scps due to its effects having a large radius. I mean i was just thinking of an explanation to the power outage which as i could tell from CB only affected certain electrical areas. I would not plan on putting in 173 and 106 because, one it wouldn't make much since for them to be moving all around the facility like that and two, i dont plan on implementing a blink feature. I also plan on making the game more of a story then a simulation, the map would have a set design and 122-1's would appear in certain areas and attack you until you get a certain distance away from them at which point they disappear. And as you continue towards you they become faster and greater in numbers. Its just a start :laugh: . Im going to start working on getting the main menu built right now ill try and post an image of it soon. :D Also I dont know if it matters to you but im thinking about building the game on another engine called unity over unreal, unreal is really better at shooter games and platformer and not so much as a storymode horror game.

maniac1198 wrote:Well the idea i was thinking of was that it was far way from where the CB area is, but still in the same facility, scp-122 would be somewhat far away from dangerous scps due to its effects having a large radius. I mean i was just thinking of an explanation to the power outage which as i could tell from CB only affected certain electrical areas. I would not plan on putting in 173 and 106 because, one it wouldn't make much since for them to be moving all around the facility like that and two, i dont plan on implementing a blink feature. I also plan on making the game more of a story then a simulation, the map would have a set design and 122-1's would appear in certain areas and attack you until you get a certain distance away from them at which point they disappear. And as you continue towards you they become faster and greater in numbers. Its just a start :laugh: . Im working on getting the main menu built right now ill try and post an image of it soon. :D
That plot works. I also remembered the key goal of this game that I made up ages ago; basically you had to make your way to SCP-122, the nightlight that's causing all of this madness, and find a way to reactivate it. If you want, I can send you the picture for 122. It might not be in the article anymore (It was rewritten not too long ago and the pic was replaced with a 122-1 instance), but it still shows up in google searches.

Well I just finished the main menu complete with the background, a play and exit button, and an ominous noise in the background :laugh: Also i think i have a good plot for the beginning room so here it is:

You wake up in a dark room in the scp facility, its dark and you have no memory of the past day. You slowly get up when suddenly a dark, floating, shadow covered creature with red piercing eyes emerges into the room, it flies towards you in an attempt to kill you when the lights in the room flash on stunning the creature, he turns and flees away from the light floating through the wall.

As you get up you see the surroundings of the room, its a small room with two doors, multiple filing cabinets, a table with a note on it, a fallen chair near the table, and what looks like an intercom panel on the wall.

If the character tries to open the doors they will remain shut and he will exclaim "Locked...why am i not surprised"
When the character activates the note it will show up as a piece of note book paper with scribbled on it:
"If anyone is reading this, I'm sorry, I had to get way from those things. Ive locked the exit until all power returns to the sector. I'm sorry"
After reading the note the character will exclaim: "Well im trapped... but maybe I can broadcast help message over that intercom."
The intercom panel now becomes usable once the character activates the intercom he will say: Hello!...can anybody hear me?!
after a few seconds of silence a message comes through the speakers initiating a conversation:

Intercom: " Who is this? Are you authorized to do this? because usually you cant just send broadcasts across the facility, especially now. Why the call?

You: "WHY?! I'm trapped in a this room thats why!"

Intercom"wait, trapped? but your coordinates are no where near the lockdown"

You " Lockdown? What the hell is going on? all i know is that was sent here to do research on dangerous, non sentient SCP's. I was attacked by...something until the lights came on and now im trapped. Now tell me why theres a lockdown?"

intercom "listen a containment breach has occurred in sector 14 of the facility, it was caused by a power surge. But the sector is nowhere near you, unless..."

You "unless what?!"

intercom'unless the power outage in 14 is somehow connected to your area...but that is only done when theres an scp that can compromise electrical circuits around it"

you" well what scp's are near me?"

Intercom " I cant tell from here, access to the virtual database of the scps has been shut down during the breach to prevent free scps to access it. I can tell you that theres a physical library near your location, I can unlock one of those doors but the other one has been locked somehow...anyway see if you can find that library and try and stay away from whatever attacked you."

you "well this should be fun..."

and thats what i have planned so far, I can do the voice acting myself and alter one of my voices to sound different with an audio editor.