No More Monsters Development *Slight Delay had to be Made*

Sorry about the delay, my laptops battery died and i had to order a new one. which is why im a few days behind. ill try and get it up as soon as possible.
** OPEN BETA DATE HAS BEEN PLANNED SEE BELOW**
Welcome to the development page for No More Monsters, an game about SCP-122 a nightlight that when unplugged, Creates shadow like monsters around sleeping humans. This game is under development by me and Z-Bites and is being built on the unity engine. Im going to post information and updates on the game here. Im sorry to say that the game is early in development and is in closed beta, but it will become open at some point. Also, if you have experience in Art, 3D modelling, scripting, audio, or music post a reply and we will be happy to add you in the project.
Here is a list of people in the project:

Z-Bites - manager, original idea, storyline, and art.
Maniac1198 - Lead designer, modelling, scripting, and music.
Cridone - Art and texturing.

Also, We now have an email, if you have questions, please dont write tem as comments, i have trouble reading those, instead email us here:
[email protected]

Here is the updates on the game no actual story or in-depth detail can be given until open beta:
Spoiler
May 23 2013:
Z-Bites posts idea for No More monsters

May 31 2013:
Maniac1198 takes up idea

June 1 2013:
Plans begin to make the game

June 2 2013:
Game is official being built on the unity engine

June 14 2013:
Version 0.1 is built user interaface and game outline is made including
Basic 3D models
UI interaction(look and press key to interact)
Lockable doors
basic movement and physics

June 21 2013:
Version 0.1.2
Sound Effects added
first instance of 122-1 added to game
cleaned up door mechanics
SCP breach protocol defense systems (Traps)
keycard mechanics

June 26 2013:
Alpha 1.3
Yep, were in the Alpha stage now :D
Gave Scp 122-1 glowing eyes :shock:
Added ambient music :gasp:
Started flashlight mechanics( let the darkness begin :twisted: )
Added credits page for team( Special thanks to Cridone for the credits background :) )

June 11 2013:
Hey Everyone some of you are probably confused on where the hell ive been, ive been out of town since the 3rd and havent been able to work on the game, i apologize about the delay.

*ATTENTION SCP NMM FOLLOWERS*
Hi maniac1198 here, and may i say that i have been busy, busy, busy. Not only do i have work, but im also back in high school, i have to say im sorry for not posting this sooner, but the game was not going on in my mind these past few weeks, i have been working on the game somewhat, im sure im going to have to explain somewhat to the other developers :D . i apologize on so many lvls :laugh: . I still am very interested in the game and its been i fun time working on it, expect more news around the 20th or so 8)

Message to developers
this is for mostly z-bites but not just him, I want to have a meeting where we can discuss where to go with the game, also we may open the meeting to those wanting to get in on the game :D so until then STAY SCARED :shock:

August 27 2013:
God its been awile since an update, but here it is:
*Completed all game mechanics I.E. Music, Flashlight, movement Etc
*added more area and storyline to the game itself( its too bad i cant tell you what :wink: )
*started working on a few easter eggs, HMMMMM WHAT COULD THEY BE? :P
* I have been having some problems with lightings not looking right, such as flashlight only illuminating one object at a time but im fixing it 8)
Also I heard about someone wanting to do a walkthrough, which is great! but your gonna have to wait, this game is not nearly done.

P.S. ive added a F&Q down below
September 15 2013:
I know have a date for the Open Beta release:
Most of the core game is completed which means i now know when i can release it, the current date is going to be somewhere between Oct 15-30, that's about a month. cant wait to get it released :D. Im sorry i c ant tell you much about the game until the release. Thanks to all who have followed the game :D .

F&Q

Q:Will the game be free?
A: As of the initial release, yes.

Q:What engine is it run on and why
A: The Unity engine, i choose it because its straightforward, well organized, and scripting is done in Java which i know

Q: At what point can I play NMM
A: The Beta will be the first public version, it will be released containing the main story of the game

Q: Will updates feature new content
A: Yes, along with bug fixes, updates will add more depth to the game making it a better experience for you.

Q: Does the game have correlation with SCP:CB
A: No, and yes. We are not working with the creators of CB. nor are we using scps from that game, HOWEVER
Spoiler
The game takes place during the CB 8)
Q: Can i join the development
A: YES, YES, and YES we can always use help, specifically scripters, level designers, and 3d modelers. at the moment im doing of of that and some help would speed up development ten-fold.

Q: Can i be an alpha tester
A: Alright heres the deal, im not going to give someone a copy of the game to alpha test because i dont want alpha versions flying around the internet. The Dev team are the only ones who can alpha test, sorry.
Last edited by maniac1198 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Re: SCP-122 No More Monsters Development

Looks about right. Since our topic seems to have shifted over here, I might ask a mod to shut down that old one. Anyway, I see that I'm on art duty. I'm not the best visual artist, but I'll see what I can do. I'll keep tabs on this since things are coming together now. Btw, I love how you recorded the history of the project. : )
Last edited by Z-Bites on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just a quick question about the game is SCP-122 the only SCP you are planning to add into the game since other SCP's that are like it could be added into it like say SCP-080 and SCP-280, if you're making it that someone is going to sleep near the containment chamber then you might want to add SCP-966 but these are just some ideas for you to think of.

P.S. I am a programmer but I can help you if you get stuck but right now I'm in the middle of a project of my own.
SCP The Shadows Lead Developer!
Developer of the "Destroy The Moon Series" (Releasing after SCP: The Shadows is in Alpha)
Developing a Secret SCP Based Game

Salvador wrote:Just a quick question about the game is SCP-122 the only SCP you are planning to add into the game since other SCP's that are like it could be added into it like say SCP-080 and SCP-280, if you're making it that someone is going to sleep near the containment chamber then you might want to add SCP-966 but these are just some ideas for you to think of.

P.S. I am a programmer but I can help you if you get stuck but right now I'm in the middle of a project of my own.
We've been thinking of adding like just two more in as side/minor obstacles/easter eggs, but we wouldn't mind getting some help. How good are you at human modeling for Unity?

Awesome project, I hope to see it realeased.

Also, in the first post it is said that the lamp turns sleeping people into monsters, but that's not scp 122 effect. Or I am missunderstanding something?
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:Awesome project, I hope to see it realeased.

Also, in the first post it is said that the lamp turns sleeping people into monsters, but that's not scp 122 effect. Or I am missunderstanding something?
Maniac told me that it was a goof. No worries, we're aware of the error.

Cridone wrote:Hey, can you put the Updates: list in a spoiler? Also, I think.... I can take a shot at the art.

Edit:I'll probably fail though. :/
Good luck with the art. And I'll see what Maniac thinks about the spoiler thing.