Re: Multiplayer mod?

NickL4D2 wrote:What improvements the mod will have with the UDP connection?
The delay TCP produces by waiting for full packets makes the game nigh unplayable. Inversely, if you don't implement UDP properly you will be guaranteed a de-sync at some point.
M-x dingus-mode

Fingamer wrote:Are the animatons in the mod working right now? If not, I once saw a video on YouTube showing that thw D-Class model had animatons for walking, running, falling, fighting etc. I cant just remember the link right now.
Yeah, I think I've seen that video. Oh yes, I uploaded it. here
MonocleBios wrote:
NickL4D2 wrote:What improvements the mod will have with the UDP connection?
The delay TCP produces by waiting for full packets makes the game nigh unplayable. Inversely, if you don't implement UDP properly you will be guaranteed a de-sync at some point.
I thought TCP was more secure though? Or was it UDP?
I hate networking...

mrpeanut188 wrote: I thought TCP was more secure though? Or was it UDP?
I hate networking...
TCP is 'too' reliable, so much so that it results in a relatively high ping for smaller sized packets.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote: I thought TCP was more secure though? Or was it UDP?
I hate networking...
TCP is 'too' reliable, so much so that it results in a relatively high ping for smaller sized packets.
Oh, thanks for the clear up. Atleast I was able to remember the basic facts.

Hey you guys, listen, the fact that she is even working on a multiplayer mod should give her enough ground for all the time she needs, I don't see the ones who are complaining contributing whatsoever, note she also didn't provide a specific date for it to be completed either, so it is not your right to dictate how much time she has to do it. If you are impatient, become a graphic designer, code writer or editor that can actually contribute to a quicker completion of the mod. So I ask, please, have patience and don't complain, instead, be considerate and maybe ask if she has an estimate for when the mod will be completed. If you don't, it's technically harassment, and that means gulag for you.
The Red Menace

Indeed, we have to wait, at least this is not Half-life 3, that will be released at 2068, well, we know that D will release it, we dont want something made in a hurry, the more we wait, better the mod becomes
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198001887045]
[/url]