Re: Multiplayer mod?

ShadowZ wrote:
Showing respect :D Quite weird, at least for me... Well, If that's how you show respect, then okay...

Im not angry, I got used to "hate", becouse most things I do are just invisible for ppl who aren't into programming...

I updated to 6.6, becouse I started modding from 6.2 (Biggest fail eve, I had 2 folders with source and just realised that I copied the wrong one...), using FileDiff... It took me whole day ;x

Tomorrow event sync, and when I finish this, the mod will become so-so playable :)
Like i said it's not sarcasm... :/
And i am excited about your news... :)

Nice work so far, I love the creativity that comes with this. I think that using radios as a means of communication is brilliant, if it's possible, I'd think the utilizing voice streaming would be better, and having a particular channel to always use would be really quite fun. Also, I think the radios should automatically spawn in the closets in the first room, next to the batteries.

On a side note, do you think it's possible for the players to start on different sides of the map? It'd be a lot more interesting to try to find each other in this situation, than to brave along side eachother the whole time. Perhaps one client can spawn in 106's chamber, as it will probably be farther in than the game than most containment chambers.
It slep time bunner.

Spawning in 106 chamber will probably result in instant 106 capture, and thats too bad ;c Anyway, I think that when the cells are opened, the players won't be able to go to to the 173 chamber, and they will have to find another way... Spawning somewhere far in the map is okay, maybe I will just make 2 corridors with Class-D rooms, so then the players may spawn far away from each other. I gonna read about the blitz teamSpeak, maybe if it's not too hard I gonna implement the voice streaming (not promising anything).

I can't really tell when I release it, I hope first playable versions will be available in a month maybe, but it all depends on how much time will I have...

I tried to update to 6.6 from 6.2 (which I started from...), but I got a lot of errors, and MAV's... If someone knows a good way to update it, I'd be pleased... Good algo for updater is something like this:
1) Find diff between my code and verion I started
2) Find diff between the update and version I started
3) Copy mine code only over the new update.
4) If I ingered in something that was changed in new update, ask what to do

If somebody knows something that works like this, please halp meh ;)

Oh, and btw, I don't like git, but if there is no other way... :c I gonna need some help in this...

CommanderPro100 wrote:What would happen when 106 captures one of you? Would both players be transported to the Pocket Dimension or would only one?
Well hopefully it would transport both, Especially if you are both smart enough too travel together.

Also, wouldn't having 2 players make it easier too find a strategy to escape SCP-173?

ShadowZ wrote:I tried to update to 6.6 from 6.2 (which I started from...), but I got a lot of errors, and MAV's...
Memory Access Violations only happen when you are in the wrong folder, make sure you have your updated source in the same directory as the .6.6 directory. And, I know its a pain in the ass, if you need to, start over and make something better.

For "Updating", create an variable with the version, and have the host check the clients' when joining the game, and if it mismatches... BOOT 'EM!

For sure it is going to be a bit easier ;) But untill you find your mates, you r on ur own... Anyway, I gonna look for some ways to make it a bit harder when in groups...

About pocket dim - one player at time. Oh, maybe if you are very close to each other, then 106 will capture both ;) But it all up to you guys, you decide, as always :) If any1 has better ideas, tell meh :)

Im working on event sync now... Im not really sure about the system, how should it be processed... I think the best way to do this is to just send to clients packets like: "playSound" or "cameraFog", and so on...

This will allow clients to be kept far away from the event handling, so modding host would be enough to change the whole game! I like this idea, altough it would require a bit more work... Also crazy mods will be possible to make ;D There is one thing that needs to be kept like in vanillia, the rooms... I only send SEED now... That means every client generates own map, but it's same as the rest... I gonna read about the game saving, and then I will change it to sending custom level :)

Dreaming... ;D Firstly, I wanna finish the MAIN part, then I gonna take care about details ;)

@mr. penaut
Memory access Violations happen when I call method of undefined object or whenever a weird exception occur :) I mean about updating my actual code (6.2) to 6.6 codebase, version checking will be also implemented soon (I planned it earlier) :D

ShadowZ wrote:Longtext
About SCP-096

It's Euclid, am i righto? So you said that if you Euclid kills you, then you respawn. As on Keter, they will permanently kill you...

If 096 kills first player, that means he will continue killing other player. Thoughts on this?