017 WIP Files (for anyone interested)

Hello, all.

As some people are aware, I was in the process of making an 017 mod. This, however, proved overly complicated in terms of implementation, due to the fact that the room no longer loads properly, so it made me reconsider how much effort I could be bothered to put into this mod.

So here's a download link. The source code and the files that were done...ish. Do with them what you will. The map was more-or-less finished, just the problem with invisible walls that I couldn't fix.

For anyone curious, the plan was to have the SCP contained in the canonical acrylic cage found on this page. The camera would watch it. It'd look normal, you'd go in to take a look, but when you got close, the "lights" would go out, and somehow (this is where it got a bit sketchy) 017 would chase after you. You'd need to get back into the observation room and press the emergency containment button (lockdown the door and the windows). That's when 079 would appear on the screen and compliment you on how you slipped through his proverbial fingers.
(forgive my sketch, I was rushing it)

I'll be starting a new project soon.

-Sam
Last edited by InnocentSam on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: 017 WIP Files (for anyone interested)

InnocentSam wrote:
As some people are aware, I was in the process of making an 017 mod. This, however, proved overly complicated in terms of implementation, due to the lack of dynamic lighting. This, coupled with the fact that the room no longer loads properly, made me reconsider how much effort I could be bothered to put into this mod.
Tell me about it... How much fun do you think writing a dynamically sized tile generation room is, then to realize that the models for said room likely will never be finished. Still looks neat though, sorry to hear about that.
M-x dingus-mode

Re: 017 WIP Files (for anyone interested)

Well, there is NO escape for anything that casts a shadow on 017. And 017 being in total darkness - well, let's just say it hasn't been tested yet. That would likely be an apocalyptic scenario :D
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."