Re: [0.8.2] Merged Mods

juanjpro wrote:Also, I need to find a way to balance gameplay so it's not too easy. I was thinking of using SCP-079 as an excuse to prevent the player from using SCP-038. Any suggestions?
Da, this vill vork! I found myself being able to access The Everything Tree with a Level 2 Key card and either duplicating First Aid Kits to keep my health in good condition, or duplicating key cards, so I had infinite attempts at creating Key card Omni through The Clockworks and with them both being in the Light Containment Zone, the trip wasn't often very large. So yeah, maybe something like that. I was wondering if you could connect it to the Water Mister control in that chamber, and it can't be opened while the Mister is working...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

This is the most AMAZING OD ever made for S.C.P. CB! Congratulations! :wink: It really adds more to the game!
I like a lot the new SCPs (both really well made):
038 The everything Tree = 038 is a really good SCP, it's really useful but I think that a "Level 4 KeyCard" would be better for it's chamber instead of a Level 3. You can easily find a "Level 2 KeyCard" in the room with 173 behind the glass, put it into 914 and get a Level 3 (that you can use to get in 038's room) and a First Aid Kit (if you take both with you, you can clone the First Aid Kit more times and be invincible!)
Document #338-1: "I would like to remind all personnel that SCP-038 is not, I repeat, not a toy. It should not be used for cloning car keys, movies, music, or items from the vending machines. If this behavior continues I will be forced to limit access to SCP-038.
- Dr. Klein"
Took from 038's page, maybe that could be a reason for putting a higher level securance for 038's room... (bigger staff level = higher faith from other personnel, right? I think I'm wrong...)
The tree model it's not that bad but I think it needs more branches (with a more acuminate point, but not ponty). Something like that:
http://www.wholesalebodyjewellery.com/a ... pikes.html

1074 Stendal's nightmare = I like it a lot, the "cutscene" it's really well made but you can push the door button when you are walking torwards it, watching the character walk in front of a closed door was really funny though. :laugh: (you can even open the inventory and use the Gas Mask when you are attracted by it, you should make the player unable to open the inventory when he's being hypnotized by 1074...)

I noticed that there are even new rooms, good! :D
Let's have a look at them:
4 square-shaped rooms attached to each other =
ROOM-POSITION-SCHEME:
------- 2 I 2 -------
--- 3 I 1 I 1 I 3 ---

- = Nothing
I = Door
_ = Door
1 = two doors connected to the entrance and the exit of the "4-rooms-area", communicating with each other with a door (usually with a broken button, not everytime...)
2 = rooms locked with a door that needs a KeyCard; usually I can open them with a Level 3 KeyCard, sometimes i need a Level 4, 5 (or even an OmniCard!) to open them; is the security level randomized? Plus, i noticed that the room on the right often contains glitched walls in a corner, the room on the left does that too but it's more common to find the bug in the first one...
Spoiler
The two kind of bugs that I found were:
1) A little wall near the left corner attached to the northern wall (the one that you face when entering in the room from the ROOM 1) with a slope that you can use to walk over the wall, if you fall a wall appears (I don't think that "appears" it's the right term, it seems that the wall it's already there but you can seeit only wen facingin acertain direction; because you can see it while being on the slope...) Is that a bug or it's a fake glitch like 106's Joke-Metal Corridor?
2) A glitchy metal texture appears on the left wall (still in the corner...) and on a little square-shaped portion of the ground near the corner, there seems to be even a slim brown pillar near the previous left wall (it's still in the area covered by the square on the ground but it does not touch the wall; I did not tried to walk around or touch it, maybe by viewing it from a certain angulation you can see a glitchy wall like the one in the FIRST BUG VARIATION...
Thes bugs are enough common and you can find them often (they are not in every room like that, but they are still very common...) so I think that taking some screenshots and posting them here will be more "concrete" and useful than just talking about them. I will try to take and upload a screenshot. :) (if I'll rember to do that... :laugh: )
3 = other rooms that are not part of the group...

Not bad, I noticed that usually the middle door button is broken so you have to pass trough the two adiacent rooms, but sometimes the button that leads to the ROOM 3 on the right (or, less common, the one on the left...) it's broken; is that intentional or not?

Dead-end room full of shelves = It appears to be divided in two parts, sometimes there are documents and blood splatters in it. Other than that it's just a dead-end room, it seems useless but it's good to have more kind of dead-ends (other than the standard one in the Light Containment Zone and it's smaller version for the Heavy Containment Zone). :)

Plus, the Clipboard it's really useful!
I really like that MOD, it's so cool!
But I have a question: in the first screen there is a "20-slots-clipboard", you can get it by putting the standard one in 914 on "Fine" or "Really Fine" or it's a rare item?

Last but not least, I found a really boring bug that does not let me push buttons and use levers in 106's containment chamber, so I can't contain him. I don't know if it's a rare bug or if it will happen everytime I enter the room (in the modded game, i found and entered 106's containment chamber only once...). I hope you will try to fix that in some ways...
:106: <Why would he do that? I think that's a cool feature that could be used even in the standard game to have a bigger challen...)
SHUT UP LARRY!! Don't ruin my post!

That's all I think, I hope that will be useful. And keep on the GOOD work! :wink:
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:038 is a really good SCP, it's really useful but I think that a "Level 4 KeyCard" would be better for it's chamber instead of a Level 3. You can easily find a "Level 2 KeyCard" in the room with 173 behind the glass, put it into 914 and get a Level 3 (that you can use to get in 038's room) and a First Aid Kit (if you take both with you, you can clone the First Aid Kit more times and be invincible!)
A few posts before, I suggested using SCP-079 as an excuse to prevent the player from using SCP-038. You'll need to disable the remote door control system to use it. Changing the security clearance level wouldn't be necessary if I do that, since you wouldn't be able to use the door anyway, and in fact 079 is a better way of restricting the player. Getting an Omni card is still too easy.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:The tree model it's not that bad but I think it needs more branches (with a more acuminate point, but not ponty). Something like that:
http://www.wholesalebodyjewellery.com/a ... pikes.html
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make a better model for SCP-038, I'm no good at it :?
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:1074 Stendal's nightmare = I like it a lot, the "cutscene" it's really well made but you can push the door button when you are walking torwards it, watching the character walk in front of a closed door was really funny though. :laugh: (you can even open the inventory and use the Gas Mask when you are attracted by it, you should make the player unable to open the inventory when he's being hypnotized by 1074...)
Being able to open the inventory is intentional, since you need SCP-714 to be able to look at SCP-1074 without being hypnotized.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:[...] rooms locked with a door that needs a KeyCard; usually I can open them with a Level 3 KeyCard, sometimes i need a Level 4, 5 (or even an OmniCard!) to open them; is the security level randomized? [...]
Yes, the security level is randomized when 1074 is not in the room.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:Plus, i noticed that the room on the right often contains glitched walls in a corner, the room on the left does that too but it's more common to find the bug in the first one...
I'm aware of this bug, but I'm unsure how I should edit the map generation to prevent this intersections between rooms.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:[...] But I have a question: in the first screen there is a "20-slots-clipboard", you can get it by putting the standard one in 914 on "Fine" or "Really Fine" or it's a rare item? [...]
You put the clipboard in 914 with setting "Very Fine" to get the 20-slot version, "Fine" will give you a 15-slot version.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:That's all I think, I hope that will be useful. And keep on the GOOD work! :wink:
It definitely is useful, thanks for the feedback! :)

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote: Last but not least, I found a really boring bug that does not let me push buttons and use levers in 106's containment chamber, so I can't contain him. I don't know if it's a rare bug or if it will happen everytime I enter the room (in the modded game, i found and entered 106's containment chamber only once...). I hope you will try to fix that in some ways...
It was just a rare bug, I found 106's containment chamber again and I could use all the buttons and levers to contain him successfully. :D
:106: <I'm sad, that was too incredible for being a persistent bug... :'( )
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Re: [0.9] Merged Mods

Now on Box of Horrors
Lucagumballf: "The Developer Bunny"

Unity Game Engine and Blitz3D Programmer

Foundation Rank: Technician
Level Rank: Level 2

LGF Games