Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.6.4 (SCP-1

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Skull wrote:the mod is copyrighted
Uh, how can the mod be copyrighted? It has to be under the same license as the game.
It's a misused term. The mod is not copyrighted but it is protected by a very basic license stating that resources unique to the mod require permission to use.

EDIT: The code is also protected by this license but people are welcome to "paraphrase" code, in the sense that it uses tidbits but isn't a direct copy-paste.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Skull wrote:the mod is copyrighted
Uh, how can the mod be copyrighted? It has to be under the same license as the game.
It's a misused term. The mod is not copyrighted but it is protected by a very basic license stating that resources unique to the mod require permission to use.

EDIT: The code is also protected by this license but people are welcome to "paraphrase" code, in the sense that it uses tidbits but isn't a direct copy-paste.
Right, licence is what I meant but I couldn't find the right word :laugh:

SCP-500 wrote:I really don't see how 178 is a cognitohazard, it doesn't force you to wear it, you wear it by choice, and the beings don't drive you crazy either, they physically hurt you, it possesses no mental danger whatsoever.

It's sentient if anything.
No a cognitohazard means if the thing is seen/touched/smelled/heard, etc. it will hurt you. So, if you wear SCP 178, 178-1 will kill you