SCP-093

I don't really like making a whole thread for one single SCP, but I just have to. The main point of this one is to discuss 093, and to ask: Why do people love it so much? Unpopular opinion here, but I don't really like this one.

Don't get me wrong, I like many things about it. For example how it made an entire universe a single SCP (even though many new ones try to do the same) and the first two logs were creepy and immersive, with cool monsters and a lot of mysterious stuff. But then the other three logs ruined it for me. First of all, its a human-like city, which means that there are probably humans in it, and in this case they are. BOOM! that just kills the universe for me. More boring humans. Can't we have some other type of creatures? Something that we don't know almost everything about? It would be much more entertaining to find a new civilized species that we know nothing about, something that we could make our own headcanons about and speculations. I will give it some credit though, at first it makes the place desolated and abandoned, as if something terrible made the people leave...or die. BUT! All of this is then explained at the end, it doesn't let you figure it out by yourself, what is worse is that at the end they slap you with a full explanation of what the monsters are! Isn't that the opposite of what we are supposed to do? I mean, in every single guide hub in the page it says "don't show the monster" over and over again (087 for example. We know jack shit about the monster) but then 093 goes and tells you everything there is to know about them, and they are just some mutated humans. It doesn't even let you, the reader, come up with your own ideas or figure it out by yourself, it tells you directly to the face as if you were stupid and needed to get it to be explained. So this makes all the mystery go away and turns the monsters from something cool to just boring overdone mutated humans. By the end it tries to throw a god-like entity to make sure you have something mysterious to think about, but that is so overshadowed by all the other stuff that you hardly even notice it.

So, what is your opinion? Is 093 great, does it suck, is it meh?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Re: SCP-093

I don't hate it either, I just dislike the way the last three documents changed the SCP. At first it set a really good mood and atmosphere. The places seemed strange, and even though they were supposedly empty, you still didn't want to go there. It made sure you had a lot of things that seemed out of place to spook you, the three doors at the beginning for example, that was a good document. But then when the city appeared, it turned into just describing how the place looked and then telling you stuff that made the monsters and the world itself less mysterious and more boring.

I think the best way to read this SCP, is just to skip the last three documents. I mean, it stands perfectly well on its own without those last three documents.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-