Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#33
SCP Suggestions General
by 106phobia

People have been talking about ways to safely distract the MTF for a while. The most common idea is to implement rare flash grenades into the game, which I can totally go for.

But SCP-539 (The Perfect Distraction) would be such a useful and cool item to use against the MTF. The player would simply toss the coin and run by everyone as they're sufficiently distracted by a random event caused by the SCP. Of course, the ensuing chaos caused by it would have to be within the game's limits. I doubt a bull shark or a mob of komodo dragons would be easily implemented into the game. So perhaps every time you throw the coin, a simple distraction like a fire alarm or loud noise could occur, catching the MTF's attention.
What do you think?
Last edited by Juicy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't put the gas away yet...

Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#34
Juicy wrote:
SCP Suggestions General
by 106phobia

People have been talking about ways to safely distract the MTF for a while. The most common idea is to implement rare flash grenades into the game, which I can totally go for.

But SCP-539 (The Perfect Distraction) would be such a useful and cool item to use against the MTF. The player would simply toss the coin and run by everyone as they're sufficiently distracted by a random event caused by the SCP. Of course, the ensuing chaos caused by it would have to be within the game's limits. I doubt a bull shark or a mob of komodo dragons would be easily implemented into the game. So perhaps every time you throw the coin, a simple distraction like a fire alarm or loud noise could occur, catching the MTF's attention.
What do you whink?
First i thought it will be SCP-012 that you can grab if you use SCP-714 and throw it to the MTF.
But SCP-539 sounds even better.

Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#36
The significance of SCP-539's effect is proportional to how hard it would be to remove attention from the thrower. Maybe if the MTF is chasing you, severity of the event could vary on how close they are to you. If they're farther away, maybe a door could close, and the button would be temporarily unresponsive. If they're close enough to shoot you, their guns could jam or fall apart (In a completely repairable manner, of course) depending on how close they are.

I know this is a bit far-fetched, but I was imagining that a major event could include SCP-682 running though the halls and killing (or at least incapacitating) the MTF and possibly the player if they can't get out of the way. Of course, the engine probably can't handle that.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#37
Zarpox wrote:
Juicy wrote:
SCP Suggestions General
by 106phobia

People have been talking about ways to safely distract the MTF for a while. The most common idea is to implement rare flash grenades into the game, which I can totally go for.

But SCP-539 (The Perfect Distraction) would be such a useful and cool item to use against the MTF. The player would simply toss the coin and run by everyone as they're sufficiently distracted by a random event caused by the SCP. Of course, the ensuing chaos caused by it would have to be within the game's limits. I doubt a bull shark or a mob of komodo dragons would be easily implemented into the game. So perhaps every time you throw the coin, a simple distraction like a fire alarm or loud noise could occur, catching the MTF's attention.
What do you whink?
First i thought it will be SCP-012 that you can grab if you use SCP-714 and throw it to the MTF.
But SCP-539 sounds even better.
Flashbangs and SCP-539 have their own topic right here: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2603

Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#38
I notice how fast the player sprints ingame. So here is my idea. If you sprint head on with a MTF group or a single unit you can make them stumble and drop their gun or make them fall over all together. There isn't a way to really delay the MTF besides closing the door on them. The down side is that they have quick reflexes and you have to hide and do it to get away if one of them is near your hiding spot. If they cannot mow you down with the P90 they have currently then they will take out a side arm...
"Checklist completed, S.O.B."

Re: MTF DISCUSSION

#39
Spiffycat wrote:I notice how fast the player sprints ingame. So here is my idea. If you sprint head on with a MTF group or a single unit you can make them stumble and drop their gun or make them fall over all together. There isn't a way to really delay the MTF besides closing the door on them. The down side is that they have quick reflexes and you have to hide and do it to get away if one of them is near your hiding spot. If they cannot mow you down with the P90 they have currently then they will take out a side arm...
I don't think that would even be possible to implement in the game, considering how much work the engine needs.
Perhaps when we convert to C++ we can try that.