Re: SCP-096 DISCUSSION

I believe it is possible to escape SCP-096 if you have a very fine gas mask.

And also, at occasions, I've seen SCP-096's room right outside of Gate B. Considering the huge amount of time SCP-096 uses until he starts chasing the player, it's obviously possible to flee him, if Gate B is right next to SCP-096's room.

It is possible, but that should be solved soon. 096 is meant to be unavoidable once actived.

Maybe 096 should always break and enter the ending elevators to avoid problems, that or appear from the underground once the player is outside.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Juicy wrote:
lololord wrote:
Lusor1111 wrote:096 is meant to be unavoidable once actived.
Orly?

*Activates Noclip and starts flying through walls*

Fawk Yew 096! >:3
*096 activates Noclip*

OH NOES
that should happen ingame
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Something which bothers me a little is the fact that 096 doesn't break down any doors right now, he simply opens them while chasing after you. I understand it's hard to change the environment without any real scripting and with the random level design, but is there no way around it? Let's say, for example, 079 immediately opens all doors when 096 freaks out, because he realizes he'll have less control over the facility when all doors are broken down or something?
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/

Doggiedog wrote:Something which bothers me a little is the fact that 096 doesn't break down any doors right now, he simply opens them while chasing after you. I understand it's hard to change the environment without any real scripting and with the random level design, but is there no way around it? Let's say, for example, 079 immediately opens all doors when 096 freaks out, because he realizes he'll have less control over the facility when all doors are broken down or something?
Yeah, I'm working on it (or rather, will start working on it soon), we discussed about it a little bit on the model's topic. :)
I don't think that 079 would open all of the doors, seems kind of unrealistic, but I guess it would make sense if 079 would close the doors in front of the player and open the doors for 096, to minimise any damage that could be inflicted on the doors or whatever, and by this maintaining its control over the facility (would be kind of a boggle for the player :P).
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy