Re: SCP-096 DISCUSSION

The latest update to 096 is obviously unfinished, but I can see the potential it has. Clearly he needs to use Night's newer animations as they look more in character. Also, he seems to be in a panic state before the guard actually looks at him. I think the whole thing would look better if 096 is found leaning against the wall facing away from the player, and then takes a brief look at the guard which triggers his rage state. Furthermore, the guard itself could use some animations such as backing against the wall in fear and desperately booking it for the door to escape. On a final note, SCP 096 is now very slow. I'm not sure why that is, but obviously it'll change in future. I've stated it before, but I think he should be slightly faster than the player because it's absurd to think you'd be able to outrun him after reading the article, and you're supposed to forfeit for seeing his face, therefore making it possible to outrun him a bad idea.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Now this applies to all SCP's since they are sentient. What if the SCPs could interact if they meet each other? SCP-049 obviously has eyes that function, so what if SCP-049 saw SCP-096's face? Would SCP-049 have to cancel the "operation", and attempt to get away from SCP-096?

Also, as far as I know, SCP-096 doesn't blink. This means that SCP-173 won't be able to move if it is in the way of SCP-096. AND if it's in the way, SCP-096 couldn't move, which means that "Shy Guy" will have to push SCP-173 out of the way, giving you some time to escape.

There could be more, but I'm not quite sure.

I love the new scene for 096 but I am nervous that he is only a threat in that one encounter of the game alone. It seems that once the player solves the generator puzzle, 096 is pushed on the back burner and no longer a threat. I think it would be more interesting to have that scene play out as is. Then after the player frees himself by getting the door functional again, 096 would (at some point) wander out of the generator room and began slowly walking the floor of that level.

I dont know if I should be bumping the thread for this but I cant help but think 096's new model is a little highpoly.
I mean blitz3D isnt exactly the new unreal of all graphical engines and to have a facecount of 22822 seems a little unnecessary...
Surley it could be lowered a little bit?

mrslig100 wrote:I dont know if I should be bumping the thread for this but I cant help but think 096's new model is a little highpoly.
I mean blitz3D isnt exactly the new unreal of all graphical engines and to have a facecount of 22822 seems a little unnecessary...
That would be Night's domain since he is the designer and animator of the model. I don't think I ever really knew if the polys were high on 096. Night is still working on the 096 model improving the animations so perhaps he may address the polycount, I don't know.

mrslig100 wrote:I dont know if I should be bumping the thread for this but I cant help but think 096's new model is a little highpoly.
Well, first of all, you just doubled the amount of polygons used on the model (it's about 11k), which is a big factor if you ask me, since 11k and 22k is quite a big difference.
Secondly, this was one of my first models ever made, so I was kind of messing around with the amount of polygons and such. If you take the MTF model I'm working on now, as an example, it has only about 4k polygons.

As for changing the amount, I don't think I will do that, it could be done, obviously, but removing certain polygons would also mean that I would have to change the textures.

edit*
I checked the amount of polygons used on the model right now. And the exact number appears to be 11,425 (including the eyes mesh)
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Well, first of all, you just doubled the amount of polygons used on the model (it's about 11k), which is a big factor if you ask me, since 11k and 22k is quite a big difference.
Secondly, this was one of my first models ever made, so I was kind of messing around with the amount of polygons and such. If you take the MTF model I'm working on now, as an example, it has only about 4k polygons.
11k!?
Either im tripping on tiredness or 3ds max 7 is a lying piece of [DATA REDACTED].
Probobly both :p well 11k is fair enough, much better than my first model anyway. :P
For a first piece of work its bloody good!

JC75 wrote:I'd like to say that even though the canon (and the documents ingame) state that under no circumstances should 096 be contained within a room that has surveillance cameras, for obvious reasons, but in game the 096's containment room has a monitor outside of it. I dont know if the monitor works so that if you would to see his face via the monitor, he would get hostile, but i think it should be removed as per canon.
You're talking about his old lockroom in 0.6, there's no surveillance cameras in his room in 0.7.

JC75 wrote:I'd like to say that even though the canon (and the documents ingame) state that under no circumstances should 096 be contained within a room that has surveillance cameras, for obvious reasons, but in game the 096's containment room has a monitor outside of it. I dont know if the monitor works so that if you would to see his face via the monitor, he would get hostile, but i think it should be removed as per canon.
The red chamber isn't 096's containment room
Don't put the gas away yet...

Also, when 096 gets angry even if you run into him or look at a part of his body WITHOUT seeing his face...is that a glitch? Cause it's unnervingly annoying to say the least. I don't want :096: to come after me every time I enter that damned room.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."