I am adding a new post as the previous versions have had fundamentally game-breaking problems, I feel this current version is (Finally) more stable and game-play worthy.
changes for 28/02/2018-1:
-Fixed welding/plasma cutting tools collision on broken walls (It now doesn't crash and repairs correctly, sorry for having to have 'fixed' this 4 times)
-adds support for other mod creatures in the spawn menu (all BTE creatures can now be spawned via the menu in theory as long as its defined in the content package)
-fixes a vanilla issue with crowbars usage (I don't know if this causes other issues, at first glance its fine)
-adds new values for configuring damage and bleed damage for impacts and door stun if your inside a door
-Clients are sent 0.35 bleed icons even if it is less than that, so its easier for them to notice bleeding damage (May change this to 0.5 in the future)
-Increased crash prevention an issue in vanilla barotrauma where a ragdoll has a null limbs array causing numerous kinds of crashes, all the clients will still crash from it however but the server and perhaps any clients will attempt to debug, remove and dispose of the character quickly.
-Decreased likely-hood of sound init failure on detecting the sound device, initializing it as late as possible appears to help reduce it (the 0-2% will freeze momentarily while it is initializing)
Nilmod update 04/03/2018:
I have added a fully fledged Self-hosted campaign and a number of improvements to the code! both from the next version and my own.
Campaigns now do the following for the submarine in multiplayer:
- Fix the walls
- Extinguish the fires
- Drain the water
- Replenish Oxygen
- Power storages 90% refilled
- All Reactor, Power transfer, relay, door, status map, radar, steering and engine components repaired.
- The reactor is shutdown, set to 100% cooling, 0% temperature and fission.
- Items in player inventories that were not job loadout items are dropped where they were, if you were not on the submarine or left behind your inventory is lost.
- the campaign is capable of starting to server, selecting it, and creating or loading a save automatically.
- Campaigns have a set number of failiures before a new campaign in the settings, wins will decrease the fails, perpetual fail will get the campaign deleted to start a new one.
- Multiplayer campaigns are capable of hostless execution, both in purchasing new campaign items and campaign items for campaigns in progress individually.
- the campaign autobuy system will buy items in the order defined in the config skipping items too expensive if it runs out of money, it cannot purchase items you cannot buy however.
- the previous Admin/Moderator/Spectator slots system has been replaced with a new Owner/Admins/Trusted/Spectators slot system
- The new slot system has replaced your old permissions file with a nilmodpermissions file, this is so the default games config does not erase any servermod settings later added there.
- Melee weapons with structure damage can now damage structures!
Explosions can now damage doors!
- new settings are available in the xml, one of which is "ElectricalRelayMaxPowerMultiplier" which allows you to modify the max power break of relays, around 10000 should make them like the old relays.
- Fixed status effects being none-stackable (They all defaulted to false, this was clearly not the intention for vanilla barotrauma).
- Additional crash-prevention code (Clients will still likely crash though) and debug logging to help debug crash issues.
- Crowbars Work! Not sure this was included the last version.
- Power transfer code fixes from the next version, power grid works quite fine now!
- Resized multiplayer campaign GUI so the buttons are easier to click
- The server does not yet have proper support for dedicated server campaign hosting (Its unclear what'd happen).
- multiplayer campaign sync fix for displayed money (Forgot to update the ID's when auto purchasing, it should work fine now!
I have just updated the mod to version 0.8.0.5, Hopefully this fixes the campaign syncing bugs the mod was having when creating new campaigns by itself.
Also the following tweaks/changes:
- Added default multiplier of 1.0 to relay max power setting, accidentally missed it out when using the reset command.
- Disabled scrolling in the main game screen when hovering over any GUI element.
- Improvements to character hiding code fixing character visibility when teleporting none-enabled characters, spying disabled characters, etc.
- Fixed ingameinfo GUI removing clients when they are set to control the character they already have.
- TryCatch debug information added to the indoorssteeringmanager, may prevent crashing from it (Not that I see a reason it should, but if it does crash anymore I'd like to know why it does).
- Nilmod date version is now visible from the client menu as well as in crash reports.
-Changed program version from 0.8.0.4 to 0.8.0.5 (It works now)
-Added a Linux download, it doesn't have instructions or files to start it up with ease, you'll have to work that out for now.
-Fixed windows crash Auto-Restart logic (Or in theory It should work now)
-Tweaked Owner/Admin/Trusted/Spectator slot logic
- Included missing setting "OtherSlotsExcludeSpectators" Which modifies the slot logic for if it should count a spectating admin as both an admin and spectator or just an admin for slot purposes.
-Tweaked client rejoin logic to prevent join failiures when server is not modded by delaying the unmodded reconnect.
-Included next version fix for Indoors steering manager errors and removed the error logic in that code.
-Oxygen can no longer be used to kill characters that do not require it (No instant husk kills with welding fuel or sufforin killing molochs and carrier's)
-Logging improvements to Cutting to be based off vanilla, keeping nilmods information while logging if the wall being broken is an internal or external structure.