Re: Dev Topic

Regalis wrote:Lots of interesting stuff coming soon...

Mirocaine animated the "new" SCP-106 model made by Prosth. I haven't put it in the game yet (actually I'm downloading it right now), but it shouldn't take long.

Gate A and the new endings are also looking pretty good. I can't tell much about them without spoiling, but what I can say is that Gate A will be much larger than Gate B, with a lot more guards and other security personnel. The endings will also be way more epic than the ones at Gate B.

...AND SCP-860. I found some great low-poly trees from turbosquid and decided to try modeling the forest myself. After 20 minutes of playing with 3D World Studio, this is what I managed to make. It still needs plenty of work but it's a good start imho.

Wow, can't wait to see 860-1 but i also expected you saying something about my idea for the Gate-A ending assuming that gate-a it's the good ending zone
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

Regalis wrote:Lots of interesting stuff coming soon...

Mirocaine animated the "new" SCP-106 model made by Prosth. I haven't put it in the game yet (actually I'm downloading it right now), but it shouldn't take long.

Gate A and the new endings are also looking pretty good. I can't tell much about them without spoiling, but what I can say is that Gate A will be much larger than Gate B, with a lot more guards and other security personnel. The endings will also be way more epic than the ones at Gate B.

...AND SCP-860. I found some great low-poly trees from turbosquid and decided to try modeling the forest myself. After 20 minutes of playing with 3D World Studio, this is what I managed to make. It still needs plenty of work but it's a good start imho.
this "3dworld studio" looks like Hammer/Worldcraft
I have left ze forums.

I am really excited for SCP-860! It is a fantastic addition to the game, and I applaud you Regalis on its addition. I can't wait to see it implemented in any sort of form. I feel it might even outdo 173 in freakiness factor :D

SFK363 wrote:I'm looking forward to the new update. Is SCP-860 confirmed to appear by then?
Probably. I guess it just depends on when Mirocaine finishes the monster. Although I might still release some small bugfix updates before the big update.
FoxMccloud64 wrote:Wow, can't wait to see 860-1 but i also expected you saying something about my idea for the Gate-A ending assuming that gate-a it's the good ending zone
I've already got a pretty accurate picture of what the endings will be like (and they're about half way done already) and I don't think I'll do any changes to them. But thanks for the idea anyway, parts of it are actually not that far from what I have in mind. ;)
Thisisme wrote:this "3dworld studio" looks like Hammer/Worldcraft
Yep, it's almost identical to Hammer except that it exports .b3d files, which allows me to put things like waypoints, doors and items in the map file.

Regalis, I have a question to ask you, do you ever actually play your game for fun when you are not editing/adding new stuff to it?
Mandatory blank signature, here.

Wow, looks great, glad to hear that someone got around to animating the new model by Prosth, unfortunate he disappeared quite a while ago, his guard models were really good. And I wouldn't have it as any other person than Mirocaine.

Happy to know that the Gate A endings are working great, and to know that they'll be more security measures taken by the Foundation. And the 682 segment of the Gate B endings was quite epic in my opinion, mind you, so I'd expect something quite incredibly epic to surpass that. XD

I'm really excited for this update, it looks like it could be just as fun as 0.5 was, especially considering how you've done 860-1 so far, considering it didn't manage any complicated modeling processes.

I would presume 0.6, SFK, but it is very likely that it could surpass V0.6 just because of the sheer amount of new content.
It slep time bunner.

WhiteAce wrote:Regalis, I have a question to ask you, do you ever actually play your game for fun when you are not editing/adding new stuff to it?
Rarely, mostly I play it just for testing purposes. It's relies so heavily on scariness and exploration, that it's not very fun to play if you're not scared by it* and know exactly what each room is like.

*Although I have to admit that 173 or 106 popping up out of nowhere has made me jump a few times.
SFK363 wrote:Will the update be designated v0.6 or v0.7?
v0.6.