Re: SCP-173 captured

TheRooster09 wrote:I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. Here is an example;

SCP 173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you (for a total of two blinks) after that it's back to you and him. After one blink and an MTF dies the other will say "No! I told you not to break eye contact!" "You! Over there! Help me keep an eye on 173 until backup arrives, they should be here any minute now." If you blink again 173 kills the remaining MTF, if you choose to leave the room you will hear. "Where are you going!? I can't do this alone. I need you to....." You see 173 teleport behind him and hear the snap sound. If you closed the door you will just hear the audio instead.

Serimah came up with a pretty cool way to keep this idea and that was by adding an extra difficulty setting ( Safe, Euclid, Keter). So in the Safe (easy mode) you will get the MTF reactions where they carry all the monsters away but on Euclid and Keter you would get a more horror related one like the one above. I had more reactions to other SCP's but the thread got buried somewhere :sad: I love the reactions like the one above because it puts the player on an emotional roller-coaster.
1. You're getting chased by 173 :sad:
2. you go into a room where MTF are at "Great now I have to deal with them and 173!?" :shock:
3. They don't fire at you and thus creates the illusion of safety. "Alright! It's about time I got a break! Now I have people to protect me!" :)
4. Things go wrong and 173 slaughters them :gasp:
5. Now you are alone again having to fend for yourself :'(
See what I mean? As the old saying goes, you can't have true despair without hope first and this along with the others I had originally posted did just that :wink:
I like it. Nice one. This will make :173: a lot SCARIER.
OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS.

TheRooster09 wrote:SCP 173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you
How? No, HOW!? Did you know that MTFs can blink too? Maybe, they just closed their eyes? Please, explain me, how?
And don't forget, that SCPCB "based on the stories from the SCP Foundation". SCPCB is NOT just a random horror slender game. And MTF Epsilon-11 (this group is uncanonical, but still) - group of professionals, they can't just stupidly die from :173:
Sorry for my mistakes. Thank you.
You are like an annoying house fly! Buzz buzz buzzbuzz- Slap! It's time to swap the fly!

Niikiitaa03 wrote: How? No, HOW!? Did you know that MTFs can blink too? Maybe, they just closed their eyes? Please, explain me, how?
I'm assuming the MTF are human beings, and human beings blink. It's really difficult to see their eyes ( I'm not sure if you even can, to be honest :? ) but they may blink under their helmet and you wouldn't be able to tell because of it ( Hence why you don't see it happen ingame.)
Niikiitaa03 wrote: SCPCB is NOT just a random horror slender game.
I never said it was :|
Niikiitaa03 wrote: MTF Epsilon-11 (this group is uncanonical, but still) - group of professionals, they can't just stupidly die from :173:
My post was referring to regular MTF, not Nine Tailed Fox ( Huge difference there :laugh: ) This goes back to the human aspect where you would assume these are people with emotion, not robots. Some of them could be newly recruited, yeah they may be informed on what lurks inside of the facility but how do you know if they've had actual hands on experience with SCP's or not.? Think of it like this, a police officer goes and trains at an police academy to become a cop. He practices with dummies and his friends in various scenarios on what should be done ( They probably laugh and joke around after class is over ) after this there is tons of paperwork and etc. Why is this relevant? In a real world scenario someone holding a gun in your face with the actual intent to harm you is very different from you and a friend/classmate doing it as part of an assignment. You would probably be scared shitless or at least very nervous, which in my MTF example happens as he blinks by accident.
Niikiitaa03 wrote: Sorry for my mistakes. Thank you.
No problem :)